Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

There are people that will drink the milk but pass on the cookies. I’ve never met such a person but it’s hypothetically possible that they do exist.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping this gets revealed and starts funding on the 13th

• Like Like x 1
  3. Super Mecha Dad

Super Mecha Dad Your mechanical father.

Twitter:
    Galactus is still funding for another 32 days. I can't see them putting up two at once.

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They've put up 2 at once several times already

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megatron Unicronus

Megatron Unicronus Daring to be Stupid

News Credits:
    I can see this guy being revealed and put up at the fan first that’s happening in a couple of weeks. I just hope I can afford it…

6. Super Mecha Dad

Super Mecha Dad Your mechanical father.

Twitter:
    Did they?

There's only been like, 5 projects, right?

Sail Barge
    Unicron
    Sentinel
    Razor Crest
    Galactus

oh and Hero Quest, that's 6

Am I missing any?

Either way, I'd assume they were saving it for pulsecon

7. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

Technically Cookie monster for 7, but he failed.

Sentinel, Razor Crest, and Heroquest all ran at around the same time.

You can try and argue "but each one was funded in 24 hours and they started after each other", but they were all announced to be happening around the same time, so they were definitely planned to all be running alongside each other.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Cookie Monster but a few of those were concurrent

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cookie Monster and Unicron ran concurrently as did Sentinel, Razor Crest and Heroquest

• Like Like x 2
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Banned

News Credits:
    If Galactus gets funded before the deadline (or closer to funding than he is now) they'd have no issue putting up two at a time.

And if they've got any concern but still want to start the hype train, they could announce it before Galactus is funded by giving a later start date so people who may be on the Venn diagram can budget for both or make a choice about one or the other.

That said, the Victory tease already has a lot of hype going. And since TF fans are familiar with the costs associated with HasLab there's likely already some budgeting going with those who'd be interested in both Galactus and a TF project.

11. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

I'm actually really interested to see hoe stretch goals end up looking after seeing what they're hinting at for Galactus. They've already indicated that unlocks 1 and 2 are going to be 6" scaled Marvel Legends figures of Heralds alongside additional accessories. If they fill out their whole teaser picture, there's room for like 4 total Herald figures alongside additional accessories which is already an additional $92+. Getting V-Leo as a stretch goal isn't that outlandish at that point.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Although I now understand the complexity of the figure I agree it still feels odd to HasLab a generations figure (probably) that already has a masterpiece. It being a double pack with him and Victory Leo together may justify it being a HasLab, though I still can't imagine Star Saber by himself will be more impressive than the MP. So we'd be getting a definitive Victory Leo and a less than definitive but probably still great Star Saber. I'm all for it but yeah. Interesting situation. Maybe they can take some creative liberties with this one and make it stand apart from the MP. I've said it earlier in the thread but I think Victory Saber is pretty lame if it's just a jetpack and boots... I hope they make it their own and do more with body armor.

Agreed. Something like a pair of high quality gimmicky commanders feels perfectly justified for the $200-$300ish range if that's where it ends up. If it's $400+ though it better knock our socks off... large scale with a really creative and fresh combined mode.

13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro had nothing to do with developing the MP though, so it's existence is pretty irrelevant when it comes to a Hasbro initiated endeavor

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Rodimus has been showing up and fans have been giving it a thumbs up. This just makes me more excited to see what HasTak can do with a larger budget.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't really see why a clean looking but ultimately flawed Masterpiece figure produced by Takara 7 years ago would have any bearing on a new generations style figure. A new version could have improvements like actually being able to hold his sword properly or having joints that actually support the weight of the figure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Hasbro may want their own Star Saber but Takara would be developing both... and I'm sure any Takara engineer working on this is going to have the MP sitting on their desk next to them the entire time if how much MP engineering is borrowed by WFC figures is any indication. It does exist and does matter in some capacity especially to the international fans who already have one. I'm just saying it should set itself apart in a meaningful way.

17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Banned

News Credits:
    The people who act like we don't "need" this because we've had the MP (7 years ago) remind me of the people who treat Kingdom Rhinox as pointless because they've got a T30 version from almost just as far back ago.

Why though? There are people 7 years ago who couldn't afford MPs that can afford this type of stuff now. Man, I thought the Zeta fanboys were obnoxious enough during the Unicron campaign but now we're going to have people spending the entire Saber one telling us not to bother because the MP exists?

• Like Like x 6
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It really doesn't matter though, least not in the context that people are trying to claim it does. A MP figure has no bearing on if a generations style figure gets made (and vice versa, want proof? Look at Jetfire). The MP is 7 years old and there's never been a Star Saber available for purchase in the US market. Hasbro is a US focused company that does partner with Takara (who as you said made the MP figure and does much of the physical design work for the franchise). None of this discredits anything I said, the existence of the MP figure created by Takara has any bearing on the existence of this Hasbro initiated project.

• Like Like x 2
  19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Banned

News Credits:
    Yup. We got all of those MP BW figures and then got Kingdom anyway. MP Arcee, ER Arcee, and Cyberverse Arcee were all revealed/sold around the same time. WfC has done two versions of multiple characters between Siege, ER, and Kingdom...and many of those had versions that were just in stores during Prime Wars.

As far as "setting itself apart..." well the potential for an actual Victory Leo seems pretty high on that list.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    I get where you’re coming from, but I also agree than any engineers will of course look at the MP and ask themselves what worked and what didn’t and how they can do a much better job at this price point.

• Like Like x 1