Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

There's always a price point at which you lose market viability, though if the rumored Commander price bump to $100 is real, I think they might be able to sort him out at that price point.

I would also jump on a HasLab PmOp/Ginrai in a heartbeat. Ginrai is probably my favorite Transformers character. I really want to see him done well. (And then buy a second God Fire Guts repaint)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    One thing that should be clear to Hasbro from this thread - it better be something with some wow factor. If there are any corners cut and no extras, it's going to struggle. It needs to do a lot for the price besides size.

Ultimately I was underwhelmed with Unicron for the price. I'm not underwhelmed with the figure, but it really didn't feel like the value was there especially when the release version had some corners cut. I'd love to see some exceptional retro style packaging this time (or whatever style is appropriate). But something more than a cardboard box.

• Like Like x 3
  3. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Oh, it's RetroBlasting...given he's one of those "Hasbro shouldn't do crowdfunding and should just release these at retail despite the possibility of financial ruin for the respective brands" kind of guy I can imagine how that video goes.

As for Star Saber, he's always been a popular yet still obscure character in Transformers media, which has always left him a bit of question mark for Hasbro. So this is a great outlet to finally prove his viability in the Generations line. And just like with Unicron who was likely instrumental in us getting more stuff like Studio Series 86, Star Saber's success can open the floodgates on a lot more fun Japanese G1 characters finally getting their Generations due, too.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

ah yes, Retroblasting, well-known arguer-in-good-faith

• Like Like x 8
  5. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Not really, he's about the same, and if there are I can't see Hasbro making two new Ginrais just for that.
    That's assuming that the WFC style sticks for a long time.

6. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

I'm still split on the practicality of the Crowdfunded idea, but I see more pros then cons, but if you attack it on the "I WANT TO BUY IT AT RETAIL FOR 90 PERCENT OFF OR IT IS STUPID" Or a company should take a risk that is too much for the fans, then you aren't attacking the right things

• Like Like x 5
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's likely only slightly different from how the Takara Selects were done. Those preorders were often so far out front it's almost certainly because they were limiting production to meet demand with enough left over to cover a few bases.

But as time went on, they took fewer chances. The last couple were just UW style repaints of PotP teams. They must not have been seeing a ROI that made it worth offering preorders unless there was enough support up front.

Enter HasLab. Now they can offer it and if the demand isn't there they have no justification to push forward with the project.

• Like Like x 3
  8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It's not going anywhere. It's making money hand over fist and they've shown they're willing to repack figures from previous lines to help keep popular names in the rotation.

• Like Like x 1
  9. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Until it doesn't, we can't tell the future.

10. Lincoln Tunnel

While it's true we don't know exactly how long WFC will last, I'm not sure it's really relevant to Star Saber, who as far as we know is going to be shown in like a month. We also don't really have any clue how combiners are going to work going forward, considering WFC doesn't have any and the only one leakers have hinted at seems to be a Menasor with a commander as the main bot.

• Like Like x 2
  11. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I honesty do not see how a good Star Saber toy could fail at Retail regardless of how obscure the character is. It is a Optimus Prime/Gundam looking Robot with an inner Robot that Transforms into a futuristic Jet, and power ups to become a bigger Jet or Robot. Unless Children these days don't give a fuck to toys anymore, or it is too expensive, there is no way that it would fail...

I know for a fact that Children of my time Dig stuff like this a lot; we literally went Batshit Crazy the first time we saw the Megazord.

• Like Like x 3
  12. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Just thought of a cool special feature they could do for Star Saber. The forehead opens up and shows the combination thingie Wheeljack, Perceptor, & Minerva installed to let him combine with Victory Leo.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Lincoln Tunnel

It's likely that if he's properly sized and sufficiently detailed he'd be priced out of market viability. Even at the most basic level he's essentially a voyager sized robot that armors up into a robot taller than Jetfire.

• Like Like x 3
  14. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bob, I’m beginning to think you never actually wanted this Galactus

• Like Like x 11
  15. Phoebvs

Phoebvs Well-Known Member

As it stands, we can tell that this style will persist through the next trilogy (allegedly "Legacy", 2022-2024).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lincoln Tunnel

Huh. Looks like the listing for Ravage just went up on Pulse and he's $52.99 instead of $45. I wonder if it's just a placeholder date or what.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Coming soon! Ugh. What a tease.

18. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    It’s a Pulsecon exclusive…..

when exactly is Pulsecon, again?

19. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I think they said sometime in august

20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    $52.99 fits with the new price ranges, which puts him at roughly the same cost as a Voyager and a Deluxe. I wonder if the tooling/accessories for this guy are what put him over the top of a standard Deluxe figure. But the last time we saw G1 Ravage with chromed weapons it was in a $20 pack with Laserbeak at Walmart, right?

Regardless, I want this set. So it's the price I'm willing to pay. Especially when X9 costs....more than that.

• Like Like x 4