Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes but those had been mentioned before and I felt Dead End specifically felt more appropriate and relevant to the Death and Kill names being questioned

• Like Like x 1
  2. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Sorry to the thread if this question has been asked a dozen times already. I haven't watched Victory and know nothing about Star Saber. What would make him such an ambitious figure to make? Is he huge? Does he do a lot somehow? I know a Masterpiece already exists of him so with my limited knowledge he doesn't seem like a good fit for Haslab. It seems like they could just make him?

3. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

Dead End is easily explained because the term "dead end" is a very common English expression that no one bats their eye to. Same with Brake-neck, as in brake neck speed.

It's all weird and kinda dumb, but like it's been said, it's not that big a deal. Just call them whatever you feel their name is. Sure there is a sense of validation when a character whose had their name changed gets it back, but it's really not that big a deal.

• Like Like x 3
  4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I'm not sure there's any reason Hasbro can't use names like Killbison, but so far (from like only one release anyway) they've chosen to use a different name.

5. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 IMPOSSIBRU!

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Basically:
    So doing all those gimmicks justice with one of the currently available price points is not really an option. Add to that his obscurity and there you go.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Basically lots of parts and unique tooling for a figure with multiple gimmicks that will require more than even what they can do with Commander Class.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

People have already mentioned the potentially high parts count and fully featured gimmicks, but there's another reason Star Saber is pretty ambitious, and you gave that reason without really realizing.

He's a niche character. Not a whole lot of people know that much about him. A large character that would need a lot of budget, yet is also not a huge name character like Unicron, or even Jetfire or Rodimus, is a pretty ambitious risk to take.

• Like Like x 3
  8. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

I see. So he's not huge necessarily but he's a Russian nesting doll, and all of the associated pieces could be high quality with Haslab backing. I'm down for that. Some Haslab prices for non-Unicron projects aren't even much different from some MP prices nowadays so even an MP V2 could I guess fit in as a Haslab Project when you add in the obscurity factor.

My cursory Google search of Victory Saber shows either Star Saber with a backpack and shoe lifts, or that awesome looking Flame Toys one... maybe I'm overstepping because I don't know the character at all but I hope they take some liberties and make something that looks as amazing as the (admittedly anime-ified) Flame Toys version.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

I mean, in addition, he is also kinda huge.... definitely not Unicron huge, but Star Saber on his own (going by show scale) would be as tall as the CW combiners, and combined with Victory Leo even taller than that.

• Like Like x 5
  10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Banned

News Credits:
    It's possible they could pull it off for a Titan price, but the problem is Star Saber isn't that big so even if it could land in the $150-180 range general audiences would balk at a character they're unfamiliar with at that price but only around the size of a Commander box.

Think about how people on these forums already react to stuff like SS86 Hot Rod and Kingdom Rodimus. Imagine that but now at the Titan price point. And the JG1 diehards (who'll likely be the first to back this project) would also balk at a Titan+ priced Saber.

The scale chart I've seen people pass around puts Victory Leo around the same height as Black Zarak.

...the same guy who recently had a Titan Selects figure announced.

I'm gonna guess that's the "scale" they'll be aiming for. Because by the time this thing goes live they'll likely have the Black Zarak prototype far enough long to show side-by-sides and most anyone who's going to care about this project will have enough context from ER Scorponok to get the idea.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Forget Liokaiser, I'm still waiting for my Haslab Monstructor.

12. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I'm not really following the other Haslab projects, but from what people have said on here it sounds like they may be doing a Marvel, Star Wars and Transformers crowd funds at the same time? Isn't that a bad idea? I only collect TF stuff but I'm pretty sure there are quite a few fans that collect all three. Why not space them out more? It sounds like they are cannibalizing their own sales.

That LEGO Clone Gunship that was revealed recently is also pretty awesome. I would love to get that but I don't have the budget or space. I'm thinking that lots of collectors are running into that problem lately. There's only so much money and space available and way too many cool things to buy!

• Like Like x 2
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Banned

News Credits:
    Monstructor and/or Dinoking would be FANTASTIC options if Saber finds success. You can do a solid combiner and if there's enough success put stuff like the actual Pretender shells out there as a stretch goal.

Depending on the costs involved, you could do *both* as a single HasLab. With people able to back one, the other, or BOTH and if you get to a certain overall funding level the shells are unlocked for which ever you are getting. Hypothetically they'd be the same molds, right? So you're producing one combiner but splitting the paint work between the two jobs. People would be able to choose which they wanted or back both and it'd all contribute to the same goal. And since the shells are a stretch goal HasTak would know the number that'd have to sell to make it worth firing up the production line.

And that way if everyone except ONE backer wants Dinoking (hypothetically) both still get what they want and contribute towards getting the molds made. Instead of tying the chance of getting both to one or the other first succeeding.

I believe the HeroQuest, Sentinel, and Razor Crest labs all ran at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That could get dangerous. :lol 

Oh god, don’t get him started :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  15. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

They haven't mentioned him so he's probably not happening for a while, especially since we got one only a couple of years ago.

16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Banned

News Credits:
    This rumored Commander Motormaster is almost certainly a PMOP pretool.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

I...very much doubt that. Especially with the obsession with being animation accurate, it's very unlikely a commander Motormaster would share much if any tooling with a PMOP.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be upset with that. Though I do think its sometimes hard to predict what molds have pretools/retools since there's been a lot of "obvious" ideas in the last few years that never get used by HasTak. Here's hoping. I'd love a Commander PMOP.

19. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    No offense, but I think I speak on behalf of a good majority when I say we need to see pics of this so-called Commander Motormaster before we can determine whether or not a Powermaster Optimus Prime/Super Ginrai/God Ginrai could actually be feasible from said Commander Motormaster.

• Like Like x 12
  20. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    ^ I believe he's joking because of how people talk around here and how all of these figure discussion tend to revolve around the belief that everything is a pretool/retool/repaint of something. But the actual point of Commander Class seems to be for Hasbro to do these larger figures who can't easily be tooled out of any other character.

• Like Like x 1