Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It just hit me: assuming a CHUG Deathsaurus does end up happening stateside, what would Hasbro call Tigerbreast and Eaglebreast anyway? Obviously using the term "breast" in their name is a massive no-no for USA toys...

2. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard or talked about here the Haslab Rancor, or where is the thread for Haslab here on TFW?

3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I don't understand how they'd have thinner pieces. The joint on those Halo figures' arms seem pretty thin. As well as their hands. And I don't see the reason why some TF joint parts couldn't be made out of softer plastic. Which Micromaster can you give an example of that would suffer from this? Whisper? Seawatch? Overload? Surely, you don't mean all of them.

In my opinion, they're odd names regardless. Any synonymous name for them would be awkward. Tigerchest, Tigerpecs, Tigerboobs... yeah.

Maybe they'd cheat and remove the R and make them Beastmasters. Tigerbeast, Hornbeast, Jaguarbeast, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait....what?

5. Jmaster99

6. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

as someone who has way too many of these little Mega Construx Halo guys: no part on them is as thin as, say, some of the door areas on the car Siege Micromasters, except for the removable chest plate, little crotch plate thing that's not intended to be regularly removed, and maybe thigh armor (which are all a tad fragile, and made out of a stiffer plastic)

also, given Hasbro almost always uses rather hard/stiff plastics on guys this small, even when sometimes using softer plastic on larger figures, i have to assume there's a reason for it, and my best guess is durability of parts

basically, i think the softer plastic would be necessary for any part that includes a point of articulation (whether for posing or transformation), and it would be really tricky to get them to achieve that with parts thin enough for transformation at such a small size

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  7. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I assume Rancor talk would be in the Star Wars thread, Galactus would be in the Marvel Legends thread, etc.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. Jmaster99

I think all these at once will make sure everyone goes nuts buying

• Like Like x 1
  10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Tigerplate/Eagleplate, Tigerarmor/Eaglearmor, something like that would get the point across.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Well, there are 2 types of buyers remorse:

1) I bought this thing, but now that I have it I don't like it

2) I didn't buy a thing, now I can't get it, and I want it

Do you propose a viable solution to #2? Because short of Hasbro revealing their full plans for 10 years there is always the potential of "oh no, I didn't buy (character) years ago and they're releasing his buddy/ enemy/ guy he shared 1 panel in a comic with". Do you intend to complain about the new Fangry toy because you didn't buy any other Titans Return toys? Bumblebee is getting a Cybertronian mode toy, so are you going to complain you didn't get (Cybertron mode figure) from Siege?

What i'm curious about now is was your decision to NOT buy Unicron based solely upon "well i don't have a Galvatron toy so I'm not getting Unicron"?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

That was not what I was implying and I really dislike it when people try to put words in my mouth. My point was that we have a better chance of Hasbro putting more effort into them due to how they work as integral components of a larger figure. I would love for Micromasters to be quality figures with decent articulation. I think they might even have sold better! But I also recognize how Hasbro has already treated them and was merely suggesting that Tigerbreast and Eaglebreast might avoid a similar fate.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope that Star Saber impresses me more than Unicron did, so I can actually support a Haslab Transformers project this time.

As long as he's got a design I like, I'm in for two of him though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'm not advocating for everything to be soft plastic. But let's use Roadhandler as an example, as his arms/doors are pretty thin in certain places. The arms underneath do not have to be involved with the transformation, since they'd just hide beneath the doors, which could feasibly be a separate(harder) piece. There's your elbow joints. Add 3mm fists too. The lower bodies on some of the Micromasters, Roadhandler included are pretty good already, what with knee, hip, and waist joints. The knees could be on ball joints without converting to soft plastic. Add head swivel, hand him a gun, and fill out the chest screw cavity, and Roadhandler would be good. Really, mainly the arms are the main body part that needs more articulation.

Any objections to that?

Edit: more replies
    Big apology for that. Sorry.

I can agree to that.

I mean, most action figures that hit the shelf have the possibility of buyers falling into #2 for them, I'd argue.

I can't comment on Fangry though, as I have most of the TR figures(and am planning on selling/trading them off). Plus Galvatron, actually. And I have every Siege figure except uh... lol Greenlight & Dazzlestrike, they'd be the perfect example of what you're talking about. Maybe. I didn't get Unicron because I'm far too poor for one $700 purchase. I honestly don't understand your point.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  15. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

No Worries.

• Like Like x 2
  16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Yup. As a HasLab figure, it's the one thing pretty much everyone will have a shot at. Including people outside of Pulse, as the 3rd party funding mechanisms will likely be running again.

• Like Like x 4
  17. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Huh. That's actually a pretty clever trick.

Incidentally, how the heck did Takara think of the name "Breastforce" in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Iunno, I just don't think they could get that kind of complexity working in such a small package while still being able to pass safety standards. 3rd Parties could do it easy, but they don't have to pass the safety standards Hasbro figures do.
    Screenshot_20210717-185837_Firefox.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  19. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I see. Speculation.

20. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    Breast literally just means chest. Men have them too technically. It's just that in the west especially, it's much more often associated with women's chests for some reason.

So it literally is just meant to go along side the other -master figures like headmasters.

• Like Like x 4