Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The recent reintroduction of the Micromasters didn't go so well, so...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

Didn't the recent Micromasters and their base bots fail?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

I kind of agree, but that's also not the point I was trying to make. Sure, kids might love a big Space Ship/Robot/Playset, but they're not active clamoring for Galaxy Shuttle. The people who actively want a figure of Galaxy Shuttle are most likely people who also want him to be the correct size. Titans are already a niche product as far as it seems Hasbro is concerned, and a JG1 Titan based on Galaxy Shuttle is about as Niche as you get get outside of like...The Great Demon Generals or something.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Did they fail though? Nothing from Earthrise is peg warming. Ironworks and Airwave sold fast alongside their respective waves. The Botropolis set I believe sold out for a bit before a restock if I remember correctly.

While it hasn't been the most popular it didn't appear to fail. We don't see it in Kingdom because it's not the theme anymore. Kingdom's play pattern was already planned out long before they could see whether or not the Micromasters were successful or not. The only change to Kingdom really was the last minute addition of Beasts if rumors are to be believed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lincoln Tunnel

I believe that the rumor is that retailers refused to keep stocking Micromasters themselves. May have just been... Walmart? I don't think the Modulators were ever the part of the play pattern that under performed.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I think the recent Micromasters were too half-hearted. Most were functionally identical, the transformations and robot modes weren't anything impressive, and they probably should've added in a few named characters to sell the idea of a second scale like Core class is doing now. The bases were also pretty lame, being vague or lacking in gimmickery. As it was the ER Micromasters were not terribly engaging toys without much of a play pattern. As far as collectors were concerned many, like myself, weren't keen on the fact that teams were incomplete. I was so excited for the Hot Rod Patrol until I realized we were never going to get Greaser and Hubs, and "Daddy-O" and Trip-Up were actually more rudimentary transformations than the originals. (with poor shoulder designs)

They should've honestly been more of a fusion of Micromasters and Mini-cons, with more dedicated play patterns and interactivity with larger figures and bases. The weapon modes were just too weak and unexciting.

Micromasters are still pegwarming at both of the EB Games and Walmarts I frequent, and I think the only reason my TRU doesn't still have them is because they discounted the first two waves and never reordered.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Even now the original Micromasters are just kinda superior to the new ones. Full teams, fun and distinct play-sets, full teams, more variety, FULL TEAMS.

• Like Like x 6
  8. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 10
  9. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Hasbro done the Micromasters dirty by making them glorified accessories, rather than making them full-fledged figures (while also being miniature) in their own right. Horrid articulation, no 3mm fists, and most didn't even have accessories.

WOH NOW, woh. Let's not get too crazy here. D=

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I’ll state the obvious: we just got Sky Lynx so another shuttle will have to wait a while.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lincoln Tunnel

I wonder what other stretch goals they might toss in aside from (potentially) Victory Leo. Maybe a 1:35 scale Jan and Illumina II?

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    And a correctly colored Holi!

Oh, and Chibi Saber!

Screenshot_20210628-133050_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heck yeah they did. They made them MUCH less accurate. Like almost unrecognizable now. Kinda like littel blobs you'd make with playdough instead of 3D printed, highly accurate minis.

I got MP Star Saber, there are several 3rd Party Star Sabers...honestly at this point what could Hasbro give us that's better?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2021
  14. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    1) OFFICIAL PRODUCT
    2) Victory Leo/ Victory Saber combo

What 3p makes doesn't mean sh*t to Hasbro. Actually, I think they keep an eye on 3p and probably "steal" design cues from them. And I say GOOD to that. Give us official product guys some 3p-style designs/ engineering at retail prices :D 

• Like Like x 10
  15. Lincoln Tunnel

Can you really have Holi without Clipper, or the rest of the rescue squad?

A Victory Saber that matches the scale and style of the current toyline? It's not really that complicated of an idea. Tons of people don't buy 3rd party so it's always bizarre to me when I see people try to use that as a legitimate argument for why Hasbro shouldn't make something. MP Star Saber also doesn't match the WFC toyline, Isn't exactly the same scale, and has shit joints that can't stand up to the weight of all his diecast parts. There's plenty that could be done better.

• Like Like x 2
  16. orangeitis

News Credits:
    And Phaser/Blast Master.

And Astrotrain.

And Phaser/Blast Master again.

No. ;_;

• Like Like x 1
  17. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn’t there only one 3p star saber based on G1, while the other is IDW.

but yeah, considering Hasbro’s will be more expensive than either one, has to do A Lot to get me impressed enough to care or buy it. Like making it very big, have good paint, not be a glorified retail figure...

18. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marvel HasLab offerings have swappable heads, so maybe a more IDW head? Doesn't really seem that interesting. Let's try again.

I'd love for them to offer the nemesis deco, but that's a big can of worms (separate tracking for a different run). Probably not.

Deathsaurus seems a little much. Okay, a lot much. A very lot much, even.

While it's more JG1 themed than Victory specifically, the Autobot Master Warriors (Kirk, Rodney, Loafer, the Toraizer that was scrapped, re-issue Lione and Shuffler) would be in the right price range and niche, I'd think, and would be nice synergy if we are, in fact, getting some or all of the 88 Headmasters in the near future. I'll go with this.

The only other maybe off the wall idea would be a Weaopnizer in Saber or Leo deco as additional weaponry for Victory Saber to accentuate Leo as a Weaopnizer (Sixgun seems best suited to this, but whatever). Or just cause the most fan rage by including either or both of Grand Cog or the unused PotP Pretender shell designs as accessories for a Grand Max and Black Zarak

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  19. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Nah, I'm ecstatic that Star Saber is finally coming stateside, especially when the OG IDW G1 continuity did the guy dirty. (P.S. thanks for doing him justice, Simon Furman!)

I know we already got several cases of JG1 via CHUG Sky Shadow, TR Overlord, CW Liokaiser (to some degree), but if Haslab Star/Victory Saber is what really convinced Hasbro to double down on implementing JG1 more often, then I'm more than all for it!

(P.S. any ideas when Haslab SS will get properly revealed?)

FUND HIM. FUND HIM. FUND HIM.

upload_2021-7-17_18-27-37.gif

• Like Like x 4
  20. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Imma go out on a limb and guess that Deathsaurus will be in the main line. As a Titan I'd wager, but maybe with the increase in Commander budget, Hastak could possibly squeeze him in there.

• Like Like x 4