Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Rejected mini-cassette prototype

That'd work nicely for retools into Spacewarp and maybe Cyberverse Astrotrain.

2. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

I found that kind of annoying as well. It can be weird when Transformers gets too mythical, but I didn't like how both of the final books built up to "yeah all of the religions are fake and the gods were just normal (if powerful) guys." Especially since Shockwave's entire goal is "make up religion so I can show people how stupid it is."

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

The problem with Galaxy Shuttle is that, despite how big and imposing he looks, he was a secondary character in Victory, with very few appearances in robot mode, and he wasn't even really much strong. I suspect he isn't high in priority among the characters that Hasbro and Takara might consider from Victory, and even then I'm doubtful they'll make him more expensive than commander class.
    This is speculation on my part, but one the reasons they went with Haslab for Victory Saber might be that they felt it was the only viable way to make a big and complex Victory Leo to be paired with Star Saber. If that's the case, and the alternative would have been a leader Star Saber and a deluxe/voyager Victory Leo as people were speculating in the past, I'm glad they chose that way. For the same reason, I think it will be better if tjecampaign will be tiered (for example, $200 for Star Saber, $300 for both characters) instead of Victory Leo being a stretch goal. We'll have to wait and see.

4. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    That would be super dumb and a huge waste of plastic. More likely it'll be Star Saber, and then the full Victory Leo will be the stretch goal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    The fact that people are arguing the price and not losing their minds over the fact that we’re getting Star saber is sad

Y’all should do yourselves a treat and watch all the JG1 shows, they’re so fun and so stupid I love it to death

• Like Like x 23
  6. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    MUH WEEB STUFF INFERIOR , MUHRICA BEST

• Like Like x 8
  7. Missing Sunset

Missing Sunset i eat the figures lol

Don’t care too much for the actual shows, but the prospect of opening the JG1 floodgates is definitely exciting. So many incredible designs.

• Like Like x 8
  8. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    But there's a unified scale. Large characters have to be large, and gigantic characters have to be gigantic. I understand why cityformers or planetformers aren't in-scale, as it is essentially not practical to do. But there is Titan price point, which would at least cover Galaxy Shuttle by itself not including the launch pad.

Galaxy Shuttle is only a couple heads taller than Omega Supreme. I don't think they'll make him without making him in-scale with the rest of the WFCT & Studio Series '86. It's the thing from now-on.

9. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Try looking for the manga Lone Wolf and Cub. That's who Star Saber was modeled from. And no, Robert's version of Star Saber is just HIS fan fiction converted into another alternate universe version. The JP version is the one and only definite. Also, he ain't perfect as he too was replaced in Zone by Dai Atlas.

x Infinity ladies and gents!:bowdown: 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This cannot be stated enough. The fact we’re getting a Star Saber in New Era Generations should excite every fan

• Like Like x 7
  11. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Of course, based on your "personal speculation" no? Unless you know something from the inside that we don't.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That IDW Star Saber portrayal was created by a Brit, not an American, I thought. I always thought he had a lack of respect for the original Japanese portrayals of G1 characters. That's part of what turned me off of those books.

• Like Like x 3
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I think we're getting way too far ahead of ourselves. If Star Saber fails to get funded, that's probably it for Japanese G1 for a while.

From there, it's level of success likely dictates what comes next. But even then I'm not going to assume anything because we won't have access to whatever internal numbers drives those decisions.

• Like Like x 6
  14. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW quite literally had Optimus Primal as a mindless murderous drone made to serve Unicron.
    It's absurd to think there was some kind of "american scorn for jap character" when other more popular characters were twisted just as hard too.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I liked about the original cartoon movie was the idea that there was something almost magical about these mechanical robots. They were more than advanced machines. They had souls, so to speak.

The introduction of Unicron, Primus, etc made them into something more than a manufactured race. And they had magic powers. I mean, Optimus Prime died, but he was still around. I was an 80s kid, and I was pleased when the awesome Sword of Omens and the Sword of Power were joined by the Creation Matrix.

I did not like how Star Saber turned out. And what about how the Maximals turned out? They were pretty much genocidal nutcases in the end.

• Like Like x 2
  16. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Well the Headmasters Junior have been leaked, but I get what you mean. If Hasbro realizes the popularity of JG1 characters in their market, they'll need time to develop and engineer more. I'm definitely not expecting a Galaxy Shuttle of any iteration from Hasbro within the next decade even, but the concept has been ruminating with me. I'm hyped for any large character that gets the unified scale treatment.

17. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Yeah. I don’t think message boards reflect general opinion.

Star Saber is already pretty niche, he’s a character most American fans are vaguely aware of. I don’t see Victory Leo as a dealbreaker for most people considering buying this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't understand this. We already have Star Saber.

19. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    THIS.

If you are remotely interested in JG1 and /or Star Saber, fund SS.

Hell, if you're interested in making a profit fund him! Buy 5! Guaranteed a month after the 1st one is video reviewed on YouTube people will be willing to pay 2x or 3x for it! Come on scalpers! You take everything else off the shelf at B&M and online stores, why not grab a pile of these? Help get him funded for those of us who really want him and make a tidy profit for yourself!

• Like Like x 6
  20. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    You had me at "stupid" haha. Guess I'll check them out.

I've never had a Star Saber figure before, so this is a great opportunity to finally get one. There really isn't much else to say until the official campaign reveal, but when it does show up, then I'll go nuts. Until then, I'll just wait patiently.