Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Lincoln Tunnel

Lincoln Tunnel Well-Known Member

I think Victory Saber should be somewhere around 17" after tirelessly cross-referencing various charts. Star Saber and V-Leo should be around 13.5", and Saber should be just around 7". That would put them in the same scale as WFC Omega Supreme, ER Optimus, Siege Jetfire, and Titan Devastator. Only rough measurements though. Some issues make it hard to be definitive though. JG1 only really matches US G1 scale when it feels like it, and WFC figures don't always follow scale charts as well as they claim, especially relative sizes compared to Optimus, but Jetfire, Omega, and Devastator all seem to follow the scale charts relative to each other which gives a good baseline for the size of figure HasLab is probably going for.

Also, in a weird twist, unlike every other Scramble City-Style combiner, Piranhacon actually appears to be the correct height.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    You're awesome for doing this. Also, you have my curiosity with the bolded part. Which scale chart has Piranacon on it other than the one I posted earlier?

3. Lincoln Tunnel

A combo of the one you posted, This scale chart here, watching some Masterforce DVDs, and taking a tape measure to some WFC figures and PotP Abominus. Sadly I don't have my own Piranahcon, though that's mostly just because I didn't think it was worth the money after dealing with what a floppy mess Abominus is. I guess you could say that technically it's King Poseidon that's roughly the right size but I'm not that pedantic.

upload_2021-7-16_20-58-57.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    Honestly, if you aren't buying MP scale, I don't think you're their target market for a Haslab TF anyway. A 17 inch MP for $350 wouldn't be the least bit shocking to an MP collector. In terms of price per inch, that would make Victory more reasonable than the pricier recent MPs like Optimus and Starscream 2.0. It would put them towards the higher end compared to companies like XTB, MMC or FH, but also pretty inline with FT as well. Given that it's a Haslab release I fully expect them to want to charge towards the higher end of things for an MP.

5. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

o_O 

• Like Like x 4
  6. The Allspice

Ebay:
    What's controversial there? They're pricing at a very normal price point for those of us in the fandom dumb enough to pay between 100 and 350 dollars per figure on the regular. It's absolutely gonna turn off CHUG collectors, but that price is just an MP to any of us that buy less but pay out the eyes for it. 75 bucks more than the Quietus reissue? Sounds fair to me, but I make bad life choices. Hence my collecting MP instead of chug.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jeddostotle7

...because HasLab projects seem more aimed at people who don't regularly spend that much on items, as an exceptional rare big thing rather than just another item?

• Like Like x 10
  8. The Allspice

Ebay:
    I'm not sure where you're getting that for Transformers? MP collectors were tripping over themselves to get the Haslab Unicron if they could afford it since it was a nice size bumper compared to the Studio Cell offering. That may have been a shocking price point to some, but both runs of the Studio Cell sold out at retailers even when the price was jacked up to 400 bucks. A 350.00 figure, if it is 17 inches, isn't the least bit shocking to MP collectors. They know they can get that from us easily.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jeddostotle7

I'm sure MP collectors were very excited for Unicron, but given the marketing and WFC-styling of the figure (among other things), I don't think they were particularly held in mind by Hasbro when creating Unicron.

Also, while Hasbro probably knows they can "get that from [you MP collectors] easily", I think more casual fans brought in by the grandeur and FOMO-inducing marketing of the project are a much larger audience for them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. orangeitis

News Credits:
    I see.

Well, if I may. That particular scale chart is actually fan-made. The scale enthusiasts and connoisseurs here tend to avoid it for that reason. A lot of it is accurate, but some are a bit off. In addition, not every scale chart apparently survived to be saved on the internet, so guesses need to be made for some characters. The size of Sky Lynx for his ER release for instance had to be guessed by Hasbro themselves. And on top of that, a scale chart resurfaced a couple months after its release that depicted Sky Lynx's canonical size - which was way off Hasbro's estimate. Working with what we've got can unfortunately be kinda wobbly, especially in the translation to plastic.

As for WFCT figures, you've been doing the same as I have :lol  Lots of measurements. Considering average/most useful scale(I've settled on 1:35 myself, especially since the humans released in SS are that scale) But as as scale connoisseur myself, you've done a very good job researching this! You've made a very close estimate to mine too. This Haslab project will be massive considering modern CHUG scale. I personally can't wait to see how Victory Leo turns out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jeddostotle7

Man, the mention of the human figurines being in 1:35 scale like the WFC figures makes me want to get on making some Transformers human characters out of Mega Bloks/Mega Construx's Call of Duty etc. little "micro action figures", since those are also 1:35 scale.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Allspice

Ebay:
    I think companies absolutely consider who regularly spends their cash on a product. MP Saber was considered by many to be too small, and some folks even called him a Chugsterpiece. The 17 inches definitely seems likely to appeal to MP collectors, and, if it is 350 bucks, the price point seems like it is right where an MP collector wouldn't bat an eye. MP is an entire collector base that don't need a special occasion to spend that because it's just what the figures cost. I dunno, I guess we'll see. If the target is 14k, like for Galactus then I'm obviously high, but if it's sub 10k, and it is a more obscure release, then that really seems to cater to a specific type of collector.

13. Lincoln Tunnel

Yeah, I'm more than aware of the fact that the particular chart I posted is not quite right all across the board, hence the cross referencing with toys, other charts, and the cartoon itself. Not even the original Sunbow charts are all 100% accurate to the material as presented so there's always going to be a sense of uncertainty. For that reason I'm more than happy to consider things like Titan Black Zarak 'Good Enough' in terms of being properly scaled for CHUG, and I'm sure that as long as Star Saber and Leo are close enough I'll be thrilled. I definitely love it when things are the right sized, but at the end of the day they're just toy robots so I'm not going to lose my mind over it. (I need a properly sized God Ginrai and Overlord though. I won't budge on that.)

• Like Like x 1
  14. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

I have not read any of this thread yet, But I wanted make my own predictions before being influenced by the other opinions here) Forgive me if I repeat something that's already been said.

So I'm of the opinion the most obvious choice is the correct choice.

Its Starsaber, duh, and not just because he's one of the most request character in recent years, though that's probably a good reason.

But I don't think its *just* Starsaber. I think we'll be be Victory Saber. (Starsaber and Victory Leo)

Most of the other victory characters can be ruled out easily I think because of the price points that Haslab projects usually go for. ($300+ unless I'm not thinking of a cheaper one) and I cant think of any other character (group of characters) within victory that would require anything more than titan class budget on their own, which would rule out the need for Haslab crowdfunding.

Starsaber and Victory Lio by themselves could probably both fit within the commander class budgets on their own. But at that price point, both of them might end up lacking a little, whether it be missing accessories or compromising on something.

But when you pair them both together and give them budgets greater than that of the commander class. I can see how the two of them together could warrant a price tag of $200-$250+ and the combined Victory Leo mode could probably end up a similar size (if not a head or two smaller) than the titan class combiners.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    HasLab initiative I read here?

A Titan Class Shuttle Base complete with Commander Class Galaxy Shuttle would be good I suppose? :D 

16. orangeitis

News Credits:
    No? Galaxy Shuttle would be at least TR Fort Max in size, if not larger. He's a really, really big boy. No way Hasbro would cut him out of unified scale if he was a Haslab project.

The shuttle base would probably need to be Titan sized at least in order to hold him, though.

17. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Mmm...Well in that case, I'll just be less ambitious & simply hope for a well done Shuttle Base.

Galaxy Shuttle could come at a later time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Look on the bright side. If Haslab's Victory Saber offering does well, Galaxy Shuttle probably wouldn't be off the table for much longer.

• Like Like x 2
  19. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I don't know if he would be. I'd certainly like him to be titan size because it suits him better than the actual scale, but here he is about a head taller than Liokaiser making him about the same height as Victory Saber. But you might be right about the base pushing him over the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

I'd be okay if Galaxyshuttle would be Jetfire sized.

• Like Like x 5