Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haslab projects have overlapped in the past. It's not that absurd.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if whether they will overlap but we do know of 3 haslab projects from 3 major franchises

• Like Like x 2
  3. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

Have people really already forgotten that the Marvel Sentinel, Star Wars Razor Crest, and the new Heroquest campaigns all started around the same time and ran together? They could absolutely have Star Saber and Galactus running at the same time.

Still kinda wish I went in on Heroquest. A buddy of mine has the original one and I actually quite enjoy it.

• Like Like x 7
  4. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

They did with Cookie Monster and Unicron in the past, wouldn’t doubt they wouldn’t line them up real close to one another which can and does deter buyers.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    They did in the past. My point is we're assuming Star Saber is starting any time soon when all we have is a few rumors/leaks that could be misconstrued or old info. Similar to how initial Kingdom leaks included Gears/Polar Claw but we later learned those were outdated. Or even how Amazon in Australia "leaked" Nightprowler and now he's fallen off the face of the Earth.

I had forgotten, so good reminder. What's especially interesting is both Marvel and Star Wars are probably Hasbro's top licenses. That Sentinel was also funded within the first day of going up so even if it "overlapped" it didn't really have time for anything else to get in the way. I don't recall if the Crest was anywhere near as fast.

So that could even be part of it. They're going to lead with Galactus since Marvel found such success last time. If that hits the 14k goal relatively quickly then they've got production locked in and can launch the next campaign without jeopardizing either.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I understand wanting Hasbro to space out the HasLab projects so they don't overlap but on the flip side, there's some fans that don't care for Marvel Legends-- why should they wait until ML is finished with their HasLab before a TF HasLab can start? It goes both ways, you can accommodate fans who like both franchises or you can accommodate the fans who just like Transformers.

The other thing is, if you are hardcore into Marvel Legends and Transformers, then you probably have a bigger discretionary budget for these sorts of things. Those are two HUGE franchises that get lots of regular mainline releases and lots of exclusives. If you have enough cash for all of that, how are two HasLab projects an issue? It's not Hasbro's fault or my fault that you are going all-in on two big franchises. You gotta make your budget work on your own terms. (I've completely cut out MP and 3P TFs from my budget cause I don't want to spend that much money on figures-- to each his own. Learn to budget.)

• Like Like x 5
  7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This exactly! Hell for budgetary reasons I may have to not invest in the Haslab this time around because I want to get the Steam Deck handheld PC that was announced yesterday. Every consumer has to make their choices.

• Like Like x 3
  8. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own one. I can 100% say they bait and switched some things like the maw area, the rodimus and galvatron, etc. Is it nice, sure. But it COULD and SHOULD have been better.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spare a thought for those of us who collect Marvel, Star wars and Transformers.......HASLAB will kill my wallet especially after todays reveal

• Like Like x 9
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bait and switch doesn't really apply when the entire campaign had the disclaimer that the final product could vary from the promotional images, and they were up front about that from the beginning

• Like Like x 2
  11. G1 Cassette Hunter

G1 Cassette Hunter Hunting the Elusive G1 Cardbacks

News Credits:
    It has already passed 4k backers - lets see how fast the next 4k lands.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ArkinDotWav

Oh yeah, that must be a hard thing to make a decision on. I only really collect TF, with a modest GI Joe classified collection, and a very small Motu origins collection, otherwise it's just the odd figure I see that really catches my eye.

I briefly thought "hey, Galactus could be cool to have", it was the skull face and god damn 20 points of articulation per hand that got me thinking, but immediately I shot myself down because 1)I absolutely don't have that money, 2)I absolutely don't have the space, and 3) I'm not interested in this line at all. Same for the Star Wars Rancor that's apparently gonna happen (although, I do absolutely love the Rancor as a creature, can't say the same for Galactus).

I actually cancelled the JP crossover and Super7 Banzai-tron I had PO just to make some financial room for this, cause I'm just more interested in Star Saber than either of them (though we'll see where I'm at by December, I might try to grab the JP crossover then if I have the extra money). Considering doing the same with the Ark, the more I see that figure and the more I consider my opinions on it the less interested I feel myself becoming.

• Like Like x 1
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I honestly think Hasbro could potentially make a killing on the Galactus project just by posting a pic of him posed eating Unicron. I want a pic of them together.

• Like Like x 5
  14. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd love a Victory Leo even if I don't have Star Saber. The presence of Star Saber actually has no bearing on my love of Victory Leo. Never saw TF Victory, don't know what the characterization is, don't have any interest on the combined mode. But I do REALLY think Victory Leo looks very cool. Like ridiculously cool. And I'm willing to bet that there are a lot of other people out there like me.

Is that what the leaker told us that they said? Specifically about the combined mode, not just the stretch goal?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Let’s Go!

I’m gonna lose my mind when Victory Saber is revealed.

16. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Nice as this would be I do think that you'd still be in a minority in that regard. It'd be great if he could still come out as his own bot but logistically even if you ignored the combination completely Star Saber IS the most well known character in Victory so I think Hasbro would see him as a bit of litmus test for dedicated Victory molds as every other instance of Victory adaptations have all been retools be it Black Shadow who somehow managed to pull being tied to a mold that wasn't Thunderwing or the majority of the Breast Force being a somewhat compromised CW retool. Though I guess on the flipside I guess the fact that Hasbro's bothered with them at all could be a sign they've slowly become more willing to go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ArkinDotWav

I've said it in a different thread, but I've noticed a trend in the ramp up of JG1 characters with the WFC trilogy.

First we had Black Roritchi, an easy repaint sure, and not much of a risk, but still a very obscure character, especially in the west. Then Blackzarak was announced, a more popular Japanese character, but still a pretty big risk, and definitely I feel gauging interest in JG1, and so far there's been a very warm reception.

Than BWII Skywarp was revealed, like Roritchi, not much of a risk, but still, out of all the beast repaints they could have gone with, they chose him, and used his Japanese name and head. Also Artfire was in there somewhere. I kinda keep forgetting about him cause he feels very plain and missing detail to me.

And now, what I feel is the ultimate test. They've been tipping their toe in the water little bits at a time, and so far they've gotten positive feedback from it. I remember seeing dozens of comments on Instagram posts saying "We NEED Star Saber!", And I'm sure they've seen it.

Now, after all this feedback, they've decided to do the ultimate test to see if people will put their money where their mouth is in regard to JG1 and JBW. They're doing a Star Saber, the poster boy of the japanese series, with a potential Victory Leo being possible if the reaction is strong enough.

If Saber does well, then we'll probably see more Japanese characters in future years. Maybe not 2022, as that would be a bit too early, but I wouldn't be surprised if by 2023 or 2024 we start seeing way more Japanese characters, provided Star Saber gets funded.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Perhaps after the WFC trilogy Hasbro realizes the USA G1 well has a bottom in sight. A few characters Hasbro is fine doing a new toy every year, but for the most part WFC and SS86 are giving the "definitive" versions of a ton of characters. Dipping into JG1 could be an opportunity to extend the "G1 party" for some time. A Haslab backer project actually makes sense for testing the waters here. Like, if they throw a random JG1 character into a line (overlord in TR for example) they don't get great data of how many people are asking for jg1, they just know the sales for that line/wave. Haslab is more "do fans want jg1? Well put your $$$ where your mouth is"

• Like Like x 6
  19. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The MP Star saber and kfc victory leo are perfect and in perfect scale with the chug stuff too IMVHO . However I love the JPN characters so I will be buying at least one of these ( probably two as I have two kids ) as back up for my kids MP star saber and Leo in case they brake them while playing. so I can help support more JPN g1 characters being made

20. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

I think it's mainstream enough to see regular release, but I don't care how I get it as long as I do. A HasLab means they go the extra mile and GodBomber could be a stretch goal so that would be cool. PowerMaster Optimus alone would be huge for me if he's done as well as WFC has done....everything. I would dig "Apex Armor" a lot though, never owned one before.

The timing of Galactus is consistent with past campaigns, I bet there's bragging rights. I'm actually selling off what Marvel Legends I have left for space and to fund Star Saber, don't care about Marvel anymore at all honestly. I doubt I'm alone there, but there's got to be some overlap and Galactus is totally iconic. Gonna be interesting.

• Like Like x 3