Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The Marvel livestream that just wrapped mentioned PulseCon would be in August.

Nah. Galactus is as high as he is because that's what they need for this project to be profitable.

As to what this means for Star Saber? I would guess maybe 10-12k backers? He's going to be smaller if he's a WfC figure like Unicron but he's gonna have WAY more articulation than Galactus just by virtue of being a Transformer that needs to have conversion joints on top of normal articulation.

2. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    For people who backed Unicron, do you remember if this disclaimer for Galactus is new?

upload_2021-7-16_10-44-55.png

It sounds like if they hit the goal before the deadline, the figure is locked in and getting made. I assume that means if you decide to back it on day 1, but change your mind on day 3, it won't matter if it hit its goal on day 2.

Which I understand, they don't want people screwing around here. So if that holds for Star Saber it change my plan, which was to back it and then pull out if there's no confirmation of Leo before the deadline.

3. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Well, Galactus is 32", goes for $399 and needs 14K backers. Star Saber will be +11" and will likely go for $200-250. So maybe it'll only need 7K or less backers? We'll see.

Galactus looks super impressive (lots of paint apps, light gimmick and articulation).

4. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    It looks similar from what I remember.

My strat for Star Saber, as someone who enjoys collecting the Japanese G1 figures, is to wait until Victory Leo is confirmed/within reach. From a personal collection standpoint, I'm viewing this as an all-or-nothing: get Victory Saber or get nothing. Japanese G1 is a niche of a niche, and those who want Victory Leo is an added layer. So for me personally, I need confirmation that it's happening before backing. I'm sure there're enough Japanese fans to help get Star Saber off the ground...he is second only to Convoy in terms of popularity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    200/250 is a big bullet to bite if Victory Leo isn't produced but I personally would prefer an expensive Star Saber over nothing at all. I'll back it when I get the funds and be ecstatic if Victory Leo gets his stretch goal, but I don't think I'll regret just getting Star Saber himself

• Like Like x 1
  6. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Razor Crest only needed 6000. I imagine Star Saber will be a smaller numbers guy, too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sounds like going just off that wording that if it hits it's goal before the deadline it'll go ahead regardless of the final out come.

I don't think they are saying anything like they are cutting it short or that Stretch goals count towards that final number.

Really I can't see them not hitting the final goal if it's going to have such a huge pay off. basically doubling the amount of toy you get.

8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    It was there for unicron as well

9. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Well, I was just thinking that Titan's Return pulled off a decent Leader Sixshot, though a li'l oversized and with an extra gimmick. If Sixshot was scaled-down to 1:35 and the TM gimmick removed, he'd have more plastic allotment for the Leader budget, which could lend to more parts count, which could directly lead to more intricate transformation(s).

Besides, I'd rather save the Commander budget to characters that are actually large. But that's just me.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing. A smaller leader figure should lend itself to a higher parts count and increased complexity. I'm currently keeping TR Sixshot, Sky Shadow and Overlord in my collection but I'm perfectly okay with replacing them with better future versions (that scale better, yes, I said the "S-word".)

• Like Like x 3
  11. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always felt like TR Sixshot was oddly ugly and blocky, and not in a "G1 Blocky" way, in a "felt like a 2015-era third party figure with sculpt entirely designed with AutoCAD's line tool" way. I'd definitely be interested in seeing a new one with a more dynamic sculpt adn articulation.

• Like Like x 6
  12. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    same Victory Leo isn’t a deal breaker for me. Honestly I have doubts it will make that stretch goal.

I imagine the higher price point is so Hasbro can make some profit off of the figure after it hits it’s goal number. If they hit the stretch goal the numbers are good enough to justify that extra figure. That might be an insanely high number.

now here’s a hypothetical… let’s assume Victory Leo is designed and ready for production. Star Saber doesn’t make the stretch goal. Nothing is stopping Hasbro from releasing Leo as it’s own figure in the main line. So people who decided not fund Star Saber because they weren’t guaranteed a Victory Leo suddenly are forced to pay Second hand prices on Star Saber if the want a Victory Saber.

13. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    What's stopping victory Leo from coming out by himself is that he transforms into a pile of shoe for a toy that didn't come out

• Like Like x 12
  14. gdg104198

Instagram:
    talking about if Star Saber meets it’s minimum number, if Star Saber isn’t made there probably wouldn’t be a Victory Leo. And I could see Victory Leo function like a Weaponizer for other figures.

15. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    I mean he'd be a commander class-sized figure they just learned they couldn't sell, and an upgrade to a figure they had trouble selling.

• Like Like x 2
  16. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    since we've seen pics of the alt-heads...

could it be Dinoforce? They probably want to use the head tooling, but searching for a home...

add the shells in as incentives?

add in monstructor colors for a really long stretch goal?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. gdg104198

Instagram:

If Star Saber makes the minimum goal he sold. If he makes the stretch goal they can justify adding another figure to the package. If he hits somewhere in between I wouldn’t rule out a separate Victory Leo release.

most of the Weaponizers in WFC were meant to go with previously released Titans but they functioned as their own independent figures and it could work with other figures in the line. I could see Victory Leo being released in similar way if Star Saber didn’t meet the stretch goal but Hasbro thinks they can sell enough of Leo to justify production.

• Like Like x 1
  18. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    If scaled to 1:12, it would be over 90 feet long :lol 

I long for a day that one mode on a toy with more than two modes doesn't define that toy.

19. gdg104198

Instagram:
    Seriously. He also turns into a winged lion. 1C50C10C-05A3-45E3-8F82-E1CCDF5F3D52.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Except any Victory Leo would have a hard cap of people interested. Because if you don't have a Saber to go with it you're not going to buy Leo.

This is what I'm talking about when I saw leaks are causing people to stop thinking reasonably. If Saber never sells enough to even *tease* Leo then people will assume all kinds of things that may or may not be real and hold Hasbro accountable for all of them anyway.

• Like Like x 7