Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. scifi1972

scifi1972 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, if it is the rumored Star Saber figure, why would it need to be a Haslab project? I can\'t see it being larger than a Commander class. Why not just release it in the next Generations line, or as a Selects figure like they did with Star Convoy. But......if it was, say, a 2 pack with Commander class versions of Star Saber AND Victory Leo that combined to form a massive Victory Saber for $200-$250.......But, I digress, as there\'s little chance us regular folks will ever be able to get it.

2. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Haven’t a clue. Production companies not cooperating with foreign distributors or potential licensors is nothing new though. if they don’t have a profit stake they might not want to waste energy digging up a copy of a master of an old cancelled show.

3. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Because it's going to be Commander- (specifically Jetfire-)sized, but substantially more complex. He has a wholeass smaller figure that needs to fit inside of him, after all, while still being fully featured in super mode. Plus, it's going to have Victory Leo as a stretch goal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Maybe it will be the whole re-imagine /modern Victory line?

5. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

That's true, maybe if Shout Factory threw some extra money at them it'd work. Who knows?

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    This.

• Like Like x 1
  7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Takaratomy are making their OWN Masterpiece Raiden by the way…..

8. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ahhh....

I really hope they can one day do a Haslab Nemesis or updated Cybertron/Primus. I've never understood the excitement over Star Saber and Victory Leo, or Victory in genearl.

9. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

Why does everything need to be either/or for Star Saber? He isn't a nobody but he's also not a mainstream character outside his home country.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Suboptimal Optimus

Because he looks great, was the second-to-last Autobot commander (and last one on TV, as Zone was an OVA) and got designed by Kunio frickin' Okawara?

• Like Like x 4
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The fact that Star Saber is even being considered for Haslab goes to show that the character has some prominence, even if it’s not mainstream.

I mean, does every TF character need to be a household name before they get a toy?

• Like Like x 7
  12. Suboptimal Optimus

Flywheel/Skythread says 'nope'. Or Brunt. Or Zetar.

• Like Like x 4
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Once upon a time no TF character had prominence before getting a toy. We act like notoriety is a prerequisite for plastic but it’s really the other way around.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

When they cost $200-$250 it certainly helps ease Hasbro’s anxiety about producing them.

Regardless of all this popularity talk, you can’t say Hasbro isn’t at least mildly listening to the fandom. If they weren’t then this HasLab wouldn’t be a JG1 character.

I feel very confident it’ll get funded. What would be a neat “bonus” or surprise is if it got funded very quickly. That would motivate Hasbro to produce more TF HasLabs. And I’m okay with that.

15. Suboptimal Optimus

Well, there IS an element of truth to this, as when Transformers got into the UT and then Classics era it was generally the more mainstream characters who either got a new incarnation/toy or whoever they could slap on a Wal-Mart or Botcon redeco at the time. Same with Masterpiece and to a lesser degree Alternator. Its only with T30 onward that we've seen more obscure randos at retail with their own mold or dedicated retool of someone else.

16. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    My point. Not a "nobody".

Impeccable taste and logic.:rock 

Excellent evaluation to his current situation.:thumb  Regardless how much of a "Nobody" he is, he did move units in the MP line which cannot be denied. Aka the market forces have spoken on him in his MP incarnation.

• Like Like x 4
  17. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I came back to this thread just to warn you that I'm stealing this quote for my sig. Thanks. <3

• Like Like x 4
  18. Suboptimal Optimus

He and Ginrai are also proto-Braves, as they would establish a lot of the baseline archetypes and ideas of a Brave series. They start off as a human/human-sized robot (Ginrai the human/Brainmaster) who form a transforming mech (Ginrai/Saber). Said mech then combine with its trailer to form the big, strong guy main robot of the series (Super Ginrai/Star Saber). Finally the super robot combines with another super robot to form the final form (God Ginrai/Victory Saber). They usually involve reusing of G1 toys/designs (Masterforce and Victory reuse 'lesser' toys of the concurrent G1 toyline whereas Brave reuse animation models or scrapped toy design) and are often goofy, episodic super robot romps. Considering Star Saber has the Brain of Courage and the Victory opening lyrics says "Oh Oh Oh! Seigi no yūsha Star Saber"....yeeeaaaah considering that after Transformers died they went and made Brave and reusing a lot of TF stuff?

Star Saber has historical weight to mecha as a whole.

• Like Like x 4
  19. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m not too attached to the character or JG1 so I think I’ll pass on it. Though for the most part it seems as though Haslabs for brands turn up once the prior one has been sent out.

Now I’m starting to think that the prototype Armada Prime we saw a few years back is a possibility for Haslab since we were told it was in pricing limbo.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    This. This! This!

• Like Like x 2