Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

This sort of creates a dilemma if the rumors are true. If it is indeed Star Saber, at a price range of 200 dollars, and they’re putting their bets on including a Lio Victory at the final tier, with no price adjustment, poor numbers would discourage people from fully committing to this project, especially if the entrance fee is fixed regardless if we’ll be getting 1 or 2 figures. Just my two cents really.

2. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It's not. Haslab is for new engineering not retooled PotP toys, and if they were going to make a combiner they would have likely done Monstructor first before Dinoking for more universal appeal.

3. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus There Is Such A Thing As Truth

*grumble in wanting Monstructor*

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    tell that to Titans return overload

• Like Like x 1
  5. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Rejected mini-cassette prototype

Jeez, this is a fast moving thread.

I'm kinda surprised, my initial impulses have reversed. I was originally looking forward to the Ravage two-pack, but not for $45. If it'd been MP Ravage repacked, or even Classics Ravage, it'd be easier for me to bite at that price point. But the original G1 Ravage? Nope, probably a pass. Hopefully that Covert Agent Ravage chest engineering and thighs makes it into a retool as Transmetal Cheetor.

Conversely, I'm kinda excited for Victory Saber. I have no knowledge of Star Saber -- or any of the Japan-only Transformers cartoons & toys -- beyond skimming the wiki, but: a brainmaster bot into a deluxe/voyager bot that combines with a leader+/commander bot... which then combines with another leader+/commander "weaponizer" bot? Sounds pretty damn cool. I'm all for new-to-me Transformers with good engineering that combine in new and interesting ways. I'll still have to see the promo images when the HasLab goes live and hope I can budget him, but I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: But really, the best part of HasLab Victory Saber to me is that it opens the door to a future Deathsaurus.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    It's not going to be just the US though. It's entirely possible Takara wants to make this but needs Hasbro and the US market to get over the hump

• Like Like x 1
  7. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    ...who wasn't a Haslab toy and was developed side by side with Black Shadow. But it wasn't like we had to buy so many Black Shadows before they made Overlord as a stretch goal.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Still came out first

9. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Barely, and in the case of Japan he never did.

The point is if they were going to do a Haslab, they'd lead off with the more well known figure before the lesser known repaint...all though that point is moot because they're making Star Saber.

10. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    i would argue that it’s entirely possible Dinoboking is more popular then monstructor

• Like Like x 2
  11. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

Not if he finished last in the fan poll.

12. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

I just hope this doesn't sell out before I can order him

• Like Like x 4
  13. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Wait, do we know what the Haslab will be?

If not, I'm gonna guess Galaxy Shuttle with Countdown's launch base.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Scottish, and pants free!

I've got a really cool kid. I showed him all the old cartoons spanning generations for years and he likes most of them (I have them all on DVD), so I buy him old toys for them on ebay, or mostly the new G1 remakes starting with Combiner Wars through WFC. He sees my MP/3rd Party stuff and G1 toys in my office and is always asking about the characters and wants his own so I lucked out Hasbro is remaking all of them.

It may have helped showing him G1 and Live action movies first, then everything that came afterwards so he knows about all the different versions and likes what he likes for what it is, and not just because he was a certain age when it came out.

It was hard for a few years when he saw Beast Wars, Prime, and Animated. He loved those shows and wanted all the TV Show characters, and ebay was the only place I could get them. I made some cut backs and got him those each stretched out about 6 months to a year apart from each other.

He hasn't watched all of the Japanese episodes, but knows Star Saber from the Transformers Earth Wars game, and I showed him some of the important English dubbed Japanese episodes. He saw Prime turn into Victory Leo and likes how Star Saber took over as leader I think. He mainly wants to know a basic story of the series and then decides if he wants to watch it or get toys to play with his other Transformers.

The Titans have been cool, he usually gets a Titan for his birthday or Christmas. And I get one for me to display so he and his friends don't wreck mine.

I always find his reactions interesting because he is a new fan, and seems mature for his age. I have to research the Japanese lore a lot because I don't always know the answers to questions he has about Masterforce, or Zone and how they tie in with Victory and Headmasters and the rest of G1. I didn't have Japanese Toys growing up.

He is getting the Ark for his Birthday, and Black Zarak from Santa for Christmas this year. And that self Transforming Optimus Prime from me for Christmas that he keeps saying is the best toy ever. He likes my Devil Z from MakeToys so he should like his own Black Zarak. If he gets good grades in school, does his chores, or does good in hockey I usually get him a new WFC Transformer, Star Wars, He-Man, DC, Marvel, or GI Joe, Halo, whatever the flavor of the day is as a reward, so he has it pretty good.

During COVID I built him an Autobot Base, a Decepticon Base, and a Quintesson Base out of cardboard boxes and painted them for his Chug toys, it was fun and he likes using them.

It is great experiencing Transformers with your child, very rewarding for adult fans.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  15. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Probably not to Hasbro, though, except as possible back door Dinobot repaints. But I'm not sure either is even on their radar right now let alone any Pretender.

16. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Maybe a good Volcanicus can be made from that

17. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

As long as they quietly change the belly color just before release we should be good.

18. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    I mean…they’re doing a haslab of a character from victory. Which dinoking is in. Pretty sure he’s popular for hasbro

19. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    I can't wait until it turns out he's the wrong shade of blue.

The tooling exists, or existed to some extent. But that was almost four years ago now, and again Hasbro wouldn't need a Haslab for that, if they were going to put out a retool then they would have just done it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    Yes, it got leaked last month

Star Saber & Victory Leo as a twopack

• Like Like x 1