Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Sure maybe the one from back in the 80's and 90's but not this current Captain Karen the MCU is pushing.

Anyway I hope Haslab is only dealing with a JG1 character I don't know or care about and save the rest for regular retail next year.

2. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I wasn’t expecting him to be like his original self at all, and in fact I do really like the idea behind this version of star saber, it’s just again the execution of it was pretty damn poor. I would have loved an arc focusing on star saber and slowly realizing his errors and fixing what he has done, but nope. He just came in, killed people, spout his nonsense, and died

• Like Like x 2
  3. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

It didn't stop them from making Sky-Byte. That only seems to apply to the show itself since Hasbro owns the characters. We got custom class Rev and TFCC Sideburn over all.

4. Happy Miracle

Happy Miracle Well-Known Member

I dont come here often but when I do, oh boy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. samisham

I wish I wasn't here as much as I am.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, but I feel like waving a flag of 'it's unfair for american media to twist japanese characters because that will give american fans who somehow don't know Google is a thing a weird idea of those characters' is kind of absurd when no one has ever tried to stop Takara from giving american characters wildly different personalities in their dubs of american shows many times across decades of dubs.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Happy Miracle

Happy Miracle Well-Known Member

I fully support your eventual decision to smash your head against that m-f 'log out' command.

It's absurd because it's a trash argument that belongs in the bin.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. samisham

Bless.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    My feeling is that this is Hasbro testing the water to see if Victory characters are a viable sell outside of the immediate fandom. Because the cartoon isn't as well known outside the east as G1, Headmasters, Animated and Prime etc, then the characters won't have the instant recognition of the usual suspects. Don't forget that Sky Shadow was the only Victory character Hasbro themselves did recently - Goshooter, Big Powered and Liokaiser were all Takara - and he ended up being remaindered, so they're probably pretty iffy about just dropping a non-US character into the mainline at a Commander Class pricepoint.

It's a pretty safe bet that if we don't buy Star Saber AND Victory Leo then our chances of getting big bots like Deathsaurus, Dinoking, a proper Liokaiser, Road Caesar and Galaxy Shuttle will be pretty much fuckin' ZERO.

It's clear they WANT to do more Victory stuff, but they need to KNOW it will sell everywhere.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Good thing you can pick and choose the fiction you enjoy. I'm glad we're no longer legally obligated to read IDW TF books.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    I 100% agree. Love the character. Was only pointing out why Dealer got a figure.

• Like Like x 1
  12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Yeah and I'm sure the God of Hypocrisy would love to know if you cared if the same amount of grown men were all praising these same "children's toys" instead...

13. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

I don't think I was reading that one back then. Couldn't have been THAT bad, right?

...r-right?

• Like Like x 1
  14. samisham

TFW2005: Hasbro take a risk and make Star Saber.

Hasbro *makes Star Saber using the system for risky investments*

TFW2005: No, not like that.

• Like Like x 8
  15. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do you feel about IDW Cyclonus? Armada Wheeljack and Starscream? Bayverse Sentinel Prime? Reinventing characters has been a thing in Transformers for years, including occasionally massive changes to their allegiance/morality. I can understand simply disliking IDW Star Saber but I don't get why people get so up in arms about him in particular.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

People saying they hoped Hasbro would go out of business so the third party would be left... was kind of worst then that at points as well

• Like Like x 1
  17. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

In an alternate timeline:
    TFW2010: Hasbro take a risk and make Star Saber
    Hasbro: *Releases Star Saber in mainline, replacing a mainstream G1 character*
    TFW2010: No not like that

People love complaining

• Like Like x 7
  18. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

damned if you do
    damned if you don't

• Like Like x 5
  19. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    which is what the vast majority of WFC has done, and most likely the premium collector's figure will too.
    also, the inner robot and brainmaster gimmick would be subpar squeezed into a WFC leader size. the inner robot would be a small deluxe and the brainmaster would be tiny. you're just better off going for the toy-accurate, anime-accurate larger size, a size which would allow room for the two inner bots to be the best they can be. this is a massively expensive crowdfunded toy, they're not gonna cheap out and make him small for funsies.

kingdom is going for two scales, regular WFC and BW. BW figures scale to BW (roughly) and WFC are their own thing. if the BW figures were scaled to the regular WFC figures, Rattrap would be an inch tall. So, the designers decided to make BW its own thing with its own scale so the toys wouldn't be miniscule.
    they could, but why? why is he a Haslab project if they want him to be small enough for a mainline leader? i don't understand why you think this is a real possibilty. Star Saber is almost certainly going to match his depiction in Victory, and so he will be large size he was in Victory, to scale with preexisting G1 WFC figures, or LG God Ginrai, which still makes him bigger than a WFC leader.

hes talked about because he is the only Western incarnation of Star Saber and an attempt at shock value. he was intended to shock people and he succeeded. he could have been his own, completely original character, and yet he's attached to a G1 character by looks and name alone. with the sheer volume of TF toys with no attached fiction beyond a short bio, it really could have been anyone else.

• Like Like x 2
  20. samisham

TFW1987: WHAT IS THIS GUNDAM IN MY TRANSFORMERS?! THE END IS NIGH!

• Like Like x 4