Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do like when there are evil autobots, it’s a very interesting idea and shows how both sides aren’t black and white but are gray with good decepticons, but bad autobots and vice versa. However star saber is the one I have the biggest issue with him being one of them, due to it being his first and biggest role outside of Japan, it gives the impression that star saber is like that instead of what he actually was. For example in a server I’m in someone called star saber a villain and hated them when the victory haslab was announced. I love the idea of taking characters and giving them new ideas , but not when it’s the very first interpretation outside of Japan, where it makes people think that’s how the character has been and don’t look into their history.

2. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

Never say never, they could say Optimus, and the trailer is finished there, and stretch goals are the extra's like Jetfire and Overload

3. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    I’ve never seen so many grown men complaining about children’s toys. It feels like with every reveal there’s more negativity and arguing surrounding it then anything else.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jmaster99

I just ignore those that honestly can't be reasoned and are here to be hateful and rude, I don't give them a single other thought

• Like Like x 8
  5. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I'm not letting myself hope for that again, I've been hurt before. Every convention that we don't get an update the less likely it is to ever made and it's been like three years hasn't it?
    You must be new here lmao.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Holy Cow, I didn't realize that Star Saber needed his honor defended so much. Roberts was trying to demonstrate how extremism is bad in any direction. It's why he made Chief Justice Tyrest a fanatic about law enforcement, why the DJD were fanatics about loyalty and why Pharma was a fanatic about control/fame. Star Saber covered the religious extremist ideas. (Tarn also covered extreme addiction). Love it or hate it, it was simply a creative choice.

Also, AFAIK Roberts did not go into anyone's home and start slapping fans for enjoying JG1 Star Saber. By now we should already know that different versions of the same character can co-exist. RiD2000 Ultra Magnus is a huge a-hole in contrast to G1 Magnus--- and that's okay.

Back on topic: I'm hugely looking forward to this modern version Star Saber.

• Like Like x 9
  7. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Vaguely curious about what size he'll be, because they have to be dreaming if they think a Commander Class Star Saber is worth the same amount as Unicron.

I would *hope* this costs about what a third party MP would run. That's basically what it is. A limited run figure in a larger scale than anything else you own, with top many little pieces to sell at retail.

8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    HasTak would have no problem selling two figures named Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus.

Especially when one of them turns in to a fire truck.

They aren't because he isn't. If you read the thread the same leakers saying it's Saber said he's around $200-250.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone mentioned Powermaster Optimus Prime (Ginrai)?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jmaster99

Firetruck go honk

11. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not all Haslabs projects have been on Unicron's price range, this will likely be alot less expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jmaster99

I think they said price is about 200-250 for it, so about half the price, but if he is big, then might be worth it

13. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    Sadly I’m not
    this thread is somehow worse then the kingdom rodimus one

14. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

I'm burnt out on Multiple Universes. Doesn't interest me anymore except for Shattered Glass.

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Oh lord I forgot about those. Dang.

16. Jmaster99

You should've seen the Haslab Unicron thread when it was first shown...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  17. Happy Miracle

Happy Miracle Well-Known Member

Reasonable example of someone totally missing the point, haha. But gain I'm gonna say, if you go into MTMTE and assume this is going to be the same versions of these characters as they appear in other G1 media (they aren't), then you've played yourself. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to write the story they want to tell without catering specifically to a group of people who can't pick up on incredibly simple storytelling cues, who might get mad about something that isn't a thing (Star Saber always being a zealot in every piece of media he is in, for example).

Maybe OG Star Saber will get his day in the sun, one day. And maybe someone will write an interesting story for him in the west. Maybe they wont, and itll come out anyway. But I dont think it or people's inability to do simple googling is a legitimate concern nor a valid criticism of the character (you can, however, criticise it for being badly written, but it's hardly socially irresponsible. )

• Like Like x 1
  18. samisham

That's fair but Hasbro has made a grand total of one RID figure in CHUG ever T30 Sky-Byte. Those Scourges and Ruination were all made by Takara or Fun Pub

19. samisham

I still think the Unicron thread is the worst, but this fandom overall can be really embarrassing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jmaster99

I thought it was a license issue, like Saban had the rights with Hasbro, then when Saban sold to Disney, they owned it and to this day they still have it hence why no new figures without hoops and hurdles