Official Ravage Reveal

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Jul 14, 2021.

1. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

Sure would like that Armada Prime...

• Like Like x 10
  2. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

Wait
    we're getting a new star saber?
    rip my wallet

• Like Like x 1
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    There were a number of missed opportunities in PotP, one of which was the voters fault for picking Primal as the winner when we all knew EXACTLY what that was going to look like. I wanted Megatron to win that one.

Let's not get carried away. It's likely Star Saber, with Leo as the initial stretch goal. From there? I wouldn't expect anything too flashy as if they feel there's that much demand for Victory they'd either line up a number of other projects or bring back Takara's Generations Selects line.

And make no mistake, that's effectively what this would be. Star Saber could be a heavy retool/upgrade of the Jetfire mold in the vein of other Selects releases. A Commander Sized outer body ($80) with an additional Voyager (or bigger) that's a brand new mold ($30) with the usual Selects/Takara pricing structure we saw with other Selects figures. That could scratch $200 considering a Titan figure like the Ark is far more hollow than Jetfire and includes that Voyager Mainframe but goes for $160.

Well maybe if this project is successful Takara won't have to worry about fitting him in to any particular price point, hmmm?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

I hope we also get victory Leo, sky Gary and grandus(and sky Gary and grandus can combine with star convoy)

• Like Like x 1
  5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Under Haslab... for 250 bucks.
    Why are you getting excited by this reveal?

• Like Like x 2
  6. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I figure Leo is gonna be the final stretch goal tbh, with the previous stretch goals being fairly basic addons. That way they can try and juice numbers as much as possible by getting peer pressure in play.

• Like Like x 1
  7. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    All I can say is good luck with that to Hasbro. Ballsy but really fucked up strategy if you think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Excluding his size, Deathsaurus is a fairly basic transformation and design, so he wouldn't need a higher budget for "improved engineering" like Rodimus or Hot Rod had. And his breast animals should also be fairly simple engineering wise, so most of the budget should be able to go to things such as size, sturdiness, and paint applications. Especially if Commanders get a slight price hike from $80 to 85-90ish, I can definitely see him fitting comfortably in commander class with the likes of Jetfire

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hypixler

Hypixler Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the link or a screenshot of the image that "leaked" a Haslab Star Saber? I can't seem to find the full thing

• Like Like x 1
  10. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee dont reach for the stars youll burn up and die

So my wallet literally cant afford it, Im not sure if thats good or bad

• Like Like x 2
  11. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

I am opposed to what I see is corporations abusing the noble concept of crowd funding for something they can easily fund. It also goes against traditional principles of capitalism, aka taking a risk and see if it works. If you want to fund Victory Saber then go right ahead, I just don't like this crowd funding model that is being used by multi billion dollar corporations who own major successful brands.

• Like Like x 1
  12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    That's entirely possible. But I don't foresee any figures being involved outside of Saber and Leo.

There are indeed some ways they could sweeten the deal between that though. Additional hands/better hand articulation, faceplates, accessories, blast effects, an upgraded Brainmaster with more articulation, etc.

But I doubt it would be an entirely new figure/character. At least not another Transformer.

The only tease was the Victory logo and HasLab branding. The "leak" is why people are assuming it's Star Saber.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

I'd be surprised if one of the stretch goals wasn't a Jan (his adopted human kid) minifigure

• Like Like x 3
  14. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah cause that Unicron would have so sold well at retail.

Same with the other Haslabs too like the Sentinel or Jabba's barge

• Like Like x 6
  15. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fans have been calling for this for years and now its a haslab project.....im guessing that maybe based on the PotP vote as Star Saber apparently didnt do well.

But if Unicron is anything to go by as well as previous Haslab offerings they will bring out figures that tie into it IE SS86 and the Mandalorian 3.75" figures to go with the Haslab Razorcrest, they did the same with the Barge and the AOE stuff from Marvel links to the Sentinal.

So hopefully if this gets backed we will see main line V characters.

• Like Like x 6
  16. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I don't see the problem with this. The board gaming industry largely operates via crowdfunds to gauge demand these days, for instance. Manufacturing is expensive and this way you're taking out a loan from your customers to get it done.

Even then there's still risks. I'm SURE Hasbro took a hit due to global shipping prices unexpectedly spiking through the roof in 2020.

There's still risk involved here because they've already made the sunk costs of designing a figure. Which means designer time went into this rather than surer bets.

(Also, it's worth noting that HasLab is also part marketing tool. Retailers aren't willing to take chances on these types of products, and crowdfund campaigns are something you can build a marketing strategy around.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    If he can recreate both these poses I'm going to fall on my knees and pray
    hasbroheroes.jpg
    mediawiki-1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 IMPOSSIBRU!

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Would you chill out? You're entitled to your opinion, but randomly singling out people to shit on their excitement is uncalled for.

• Like Like x 22
  19. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Im the opposite. I can definitely afford this but won't pay a single penny to Hasbro for their shitty tactics.

• Like Like x 3
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    That would make more sense than any new Transformer figure. Like I said above, I could see a few goals being upgrades to the figures involved as well. Improved hand articulation being one such example, both on the full figure and the core figure. I think a fully articulated Brainmaster would make another attractive stretch goal as well. Perhaps coming with different face plates for the core robot.

Beef up the figure itself first, and then get in to stretches that provide "extra" stuff. Blast effects, a stand of some kind, that kid...with Leo being the final tier.

It's not crowd-funding though. It's a made-to-order figure with a minimum production run required for the thing to be profitable and thus something they will make. You think Hasbro makes toys out of the goodness of their hearts?

And if the project fails...NOBODY gets a figure and NOBODY gets charged. So I dunno what your complaint even is.

• Like Like x 6