Official pwttoo kickstarter thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by PWTToo, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trentulas

Trentulas Has all kinds of dangerous needs.

News Credits:
    It is an understandable concern. Even single-figure backing is helpful at this stage, so if any of the base packages have figures you'd like that might be your best avenue, adding-on as options are unlocked.

I'm still confident the project will crest into the stretch goals, just how far will depend on where the project is at when the end-of-campaign up-shot begins. Overcoming the normal patterns of crowd-funding is one of the ongoing challenges of running such a campaign.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, everyone who has a Youtube channel and supports Play With This Too, if I may suggest, please post a video pointing people to the Kickstarter. I'm getting my relatives who do channels on all sorts of subjects to post videos with links as a favor to me. Feel free to do the same. We need people outside our normal circles to see this.

My little brother's wrestling news channel just posted a copy of the Kickstarter video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Al6u-ZSHZw

We need to get this thing out to people. And remember you can delete the video from your youtube channel in about 12 days. So that's all we need from anyone 12 days.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  3. adamadamant

adamadamant Member

Λ This.
    I feel that the last few unlockable characters would have made much better choices for the base level figures. I mean, just look at Jetstrike and those serpents. Right there TF and MOTUC fans would have been hooked. Throw in some glow-in-the-dark add ons and ramp up from there. I can't say I'm all that interested in staffs/capes and most of the heads are 'OK', but those figures and drones are where it's at and, like I said, I feel the wrong base characters were picked (this from the guy who's pledged to buy the original Desolataur art).

4. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Yeah, I think it's more how realistic the stretch goals are (if rock stars 4H are pulling in 450K for a campaign that's much further ahead in terms of sculpts then planning and publicising goals into the 400s is somewhat premature) coupled with the fragmented nature of the fandom, and glut of other draws on disposable income in this and other fandoms. I think it's fair to say I have more interest in later and minor TF characters than is common... and there aren't necessarily that many of us, in the right place at the right time to throw money at stuff that's about twice the price of premium action figures such as MOTUC.

Which is probably what this is being judged on in terms of value, rather than getting two close homage figures shipped internationally for about the same Wardog is going to cost.

5. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if all stretch were unlocked i would throw a grand at play with it all, but they arent and the value isnt there

6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Hmmmn---I though the second one was Hordak, but the bio doesn't fit.

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You got it. :) 

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe it's just the guy Hordak wants to look like. ;-) Seems to be a generic bad guy cosmic entity to move the plot forward in a story - Plus he looks different to everyone. YOu see him as Hordak, I see him as someone else.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really wonder how many folks are in this mind set.

People willing to go for it all, but not until it's worth it before even pledging. It'll never GET to that point without those people pledging, so come on guys, DO IT!! :lol 

10. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually discussed this with someone from PWTT. They can't offer it all up-front because of the costs associated with production of different parts. I understand their position, but I find myself in the same position as you. If I could get it all guaranteed for $900, I'd be all-in without hesitation.

11. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

Not bad. If they were 4 inches tall, articulated, and had different head sculpts I'd be all over them.

You got it, man. I think pushing more towards the MOTUC crowd would have helped them a lot. The Desolataur I've pledged to buy is destined for my MOTUC shelf not the TF shelves. Some of it may just be shitty timing. I imagine a lot of folks couldn't pledge both Mythic Legion and PWTTOO.

12. Atomatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this will crawl and make the goal, then be delayed endlessly and perhaps see a christmas 2016 release.

this is all based on my previous experiences with kickstarter projects and not these individuals personally, just that is what my expectation would be...

13. Trentulas

Trentulas Has all kinds of dangerous needs.

News Credits:
    There's always the Freakish Five-Pack with add-ons for the drone 2-pack and atomic splatterpus if you want to start with one of everything currently unlocked.

14. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really on the fence about this. I like the figures but I don't love them, and for $55 I gotta feel a little love. Honestly, I'm most interested in the awesome new BMOG and tangentially interested in the tech drones. If there were a package to get just all of those, I'd be all over it.

That said, the creators' passion is clear, and I hope this crosses the finish line.

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'd fully expect delays.

I funded the Skeleton Warriors Baron Dark kickstarter, and originally he was supposed to arrive in December 2014, yet here I am waiting for him still, and it's nearing the end of March 2015. :lol 

16. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly, my interest is in the later stuff. If the later stuff and earlier stuff were reversed, I would jump in.

17. Atomatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol BMOG involvement is another factor keeping me AWAY...

in fact thank you for reminding me, i am all out of here. still some cool stuff, and i wish the project success!

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a story in this somewhere. :lol 

Sorry to lose you completely man.

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is pretty complex. I mean, I understand it, but it doesn't mean I like it.

They should have shown at LEAST enough figures to make the "just the figures" pledge worthwhile from the beginning. Maybe more people would pledge in that tier if they knew exactly what they were getting if it got that far. The way it is now... Sure, the $900 one is a good deal as you're getting $1500 worth of stuff if it all pans out, but many people don't care about all of the heads and staffs and stands. Let's face it, some of the heads are weird, and I can't imagine ever using them.

Not having all of the cards on the table early on could be hurting it too, ESPECIALLY when we were teased ahead of time with Ancient Astronaut and all those Autobot Pretender homages, not to mention that Walrus that would be unveiled if we get ONE MORE PLEDGE.. Maybe we had too many teases before it happened. Teases that seem to be just that: teases.

Another thing that seems to be missing that most Kickstarters I've dealt with have... Stretch goal freebies. You can say the chainsaw platypus fits that bill... but it was tossed in randomly, it seemed. If people KNEW that if the pledges hit $100,000, everyone would get an extra head for each figure, that could certainly stimulate pledges. The head could be built into one of the main molds. Maybe $150,000 everyone would get another head or weapon or something bonus. You see what I mean... I don't mean to ramble on. I don't see the "behind the scenes" costs. I just see the potential to make it more successful.

20. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To each their own. I backed Trent's original BMOG KS, and I think they are absolutely awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.