Official pwttoo kickstarter thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by PWTToo, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

It is a $180k stretch goal though.

If allowing for an upsurge once the 80k limit gets made, it will be touch or go if it can get that far.

I really don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but does anybody else have absolutely no interest in the heads and staffs?

To me they seem like a collossal waste of money at their end. Going by Motuc, it seems the heads cost almost as much as the base bucks, so why bother even trying to pay for them at this point? I could get on board if they represented the Pretenders three heads (inner robot, helmeted humanoid, unhelmeted humanoid, beast etc), or even if they homaged other properties, but they're just look like they came out of some acid trip (to my mind).

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I thought the other one was the exclusive. :lol 

I give up.

3. ReDevil

ReDevil Random Seeker

Im just here for the Tech Drones, and "Not-Skeletor" because hes neat, and I have to buyin with one figure.

4. PWTToo

PWTToo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Making the heads and the staffs is one way of offsetting the cost of the figures. Without them, the figure stretch goals would be even farther apart. The heads and staffs are part of our play pattern - interchangeable limbs.

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like the pattern of heads and staffs. Gives you something to do with the extra heads, and the staffs remind me of Skeletor's Havoc Staff or the staffs from Visionaries. I hope heads on staffs are actual characters in the fiction.

Super Powered Fiction choose the Lost Protectors Kickstarter as Kickstarter of the Week.

Kickstart the Week 7: Lost Protectors | SuperPoweredFiction.com

Lots of people get confused after seeing Mighty Muscules package.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the heads, but I wish you didn't have too get all three. I may want one from one set, one from another set, etc. The only one I like all three is volume 4. In the end, I'll only end up getting that one with King Coldfang, if it gets unlocked... If it doesn't get unlocked, I may just pull out of the whole thing.

I realize it sounds petty, but I really want that head on the Bitemark body, which is the reason I wanted two Bitemarks.

I could use the Thicket head on the Skeletor one, and maybe Bloodbath could use Litchknife.

7. PWTToo

PWTToo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Making the heads individually available would unfortunately increase the tooling cost exponentially. Each set of Head Shots will be gang molded. Meaning you won't be able to produce one without making the other three. This is one way of keeping the costs down so we can offset the cost to produce the 6" figures.

8. nazgul777

nazgul777 Well-Known Member

Muscules is nice and all, but can I get a figure of the unicorn muscle lady? 'Cuz she's way cooler.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  :thumb 

10. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    I for one like the idea of staffs and stands for the extra heads, its a an elegant solution to store things I'd otherwise have to put in storage, or place precariously to one side on the shelf, storage options are one of the things I've always loved about certain toy lines, and this one stores and adds play value, so I'm all for it :D 

11. BigGrim78

BigGrim78 Well-Known Member

Aww, what's happening. 48 hours ago we were almost at 61k, now we're down to 60,3k. I don't mean to be a downer but this is going nowhere fast. We are spreading the word, the project is getting attention from some news sites, the mythic legion is over, etc .Why aren't people biting?

12. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Some people aren't that interested.

13. BigGrim78

Fair enough.

But how a boring line like mythic legions can get 450k while this is only at 60k is beyond me.

14. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMO i think there is just too much. all this reminds me of is the hero mashers stuff, which is aimed at kids. i get the play-ability with this line, but if it was made focused on the collector more i might have been more interested. i dont see the longevity of this project or line after or if it gets funded.

i feel like all the ideas are being tossed out at once. what more can you really do to keep ppl interested down the road?

also pretenders was a terrible line back in the day and to homage a lot of the designs when the toys dont even function as so IMO does not work.

15. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    That's a big fat O-pinion right there. I thought Mythic Legions was motherf@$&ing amazing. I pledged for this line, too, but definitely I can see why others might not be as bought into it: less well-known staff behind production, nothing successful under their belt, etc.. If Play With This Too can pull this one off, then a future second campaign would probably go a lot farther.

16. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

Mythic Legions is hardly boring. It's a great sword & sorcery line that fills in a lot of gaps left by other 6 inch lines. Combine the 4 Horsemen's past success, MOTUC winding down, and Game Of Thrones being a hot title right now it's easy to see why Mythic Legions pulled nearly 1/2 a mil. Right out of the gate Mythic Legion offered Knights, Skeletons, Dwarves, Vampire, and Orcs. Add-ons and stretch goals included Bog creature, Demons, Minotaurs, Babarians, and a Spartan. PWTTOO offers us a cow monster and a bat monster, some heads, and robot thingies. If PWTTOO scrapped the BMONG stuff, ditched robots and heads, and focused on bringing 2-3 bucks to market with a variety of accessories they'd be a lot better off. That strategy certainly worked for the 4 Horsemen, Boss Fight, Marauder Gunrunners.

I'd love to give PWTTOO some more money, but they gotta offer me something first. I really want that Sir Pythonore, but he's $65k away from being available. They have a lot of fun stuff like Barbaracles, Skywarp & Thundercracker, the Big Boa head sculpt, but it's all so far away. Why isn't Swoop and BW Dinobot not displayed on their Kickstarter page? That's two more figures I'd pledge. After Mythic Legion, PWTTOO's offerings are just a bit disappointing.

17. BigGrim78

Of course it is my opinion, that should go without saying. I think the use of IMO is a pretty wierd phenomenon. Knowledge, attitudes, values etc are subjective. If I state something why would someone think I speak for them or are stating something objectively?

18. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Mythic Legions was a god damn betrayal and I avoided it for the fact it was founded on lies and betrayal. Bloody 6 inch figures isn't the 3 3/4" Glyos compatible stuff we were promised. It received none, and shall receive none, of my money.

But yeah, give it time

19. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    Won't it only offset the cost if people buy them? or are they gangmolded with the larger figures? That sounds like it would be a real mess because you'd be betting they'd sell similarly as well as the figures. More comment than question, really. Perhaps you should have sold them as figures with unique heads instead of separately.

3 days in a row at around the same price. Not a good trend. Not much point in counting hundreds of dollars at this point. It is... certainly discouraging and worrying.
    I would guess people aren't biting because either the potential market isn't interested, or they're not all being found. Maybe a primarily Transformers-driven project just doesn't have a wide enough appeal to gather KickStarter level amounts of funding the same way that some generic fantasy figure from 4H can. {I say that as a huge fan of that stuff that's frequently purchased it.}

I don't really want inner robot heads on the outer shells. It looks like the Starscream mold is already having the one head look robotic and I don't know if that will look good in the helmet. I guess it would be easy to digibash that together.

I'm not a big fan of the heads either. I mean a few of them look nice, but the pricing combined with the 3-pack nature is enough to discourage me from all but what I want the most, which is that purple Diablo head, and I'm not going to buy both versions of the 3-pack just to get it, even though that's the only current way to obtain it. Even if it got unlocked I'd wait for a retailer.

All that said, the plan's already set in motion. The only way it will change is if there's enough funding for the 1st head set to be reached and they find that it sells poorly. If this KS fails, we'll have to wait until another KS to get that far.

The longevity is that they can make more figures with mixes of parts from previous figures. Newer fans of 4H complain about not having more sculpting variety in their releases. "Oh, why can't they put lion feet on the gryphon bird figure? Why can't they make a thicker body for the owl?" Well money is part of the problem. They had to build up, and eventually they got to Mythic Legion.
    I'm just not sure PWTT could take the same model that earlier 4H lines did and release the same figure with just different... colors, or a few remolds, or all remolds. There's kind of a continuum over time for 4H. I guess PWTT's 5 initial figures from 2 molds just isn't enough for 80K. 4H's raven KS of 6 original birds {all with unique head sculpts} with a 65K goal. 4H's Mythic Legions I think 16 figures with a 140K goal.

"All the ideas are being tossed out"? Out as in away to the garbage, or to the public? and don't say "yes", it was a multiple choice question. I don't understand. You want longevity but are complaining there is too much, or not enough?

and now you're complaining that they're not accurately enough portraying something you think was horrible, as if in your own perspective it would be better if it more accurately represented the play pattern??
    There are fans of the pretenders. Perhaps it's not as popular among TF fans, and perhaps there's some further division between those who liked the gimmick and/or aesthetics, of the shells and/or the inner robots. Not to mention they probably changed the play pattern for legal reasons.

20. PWTToo

PWTToo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please remember that everyone's tooling, sculpting, manufacturing and especially initial funding costs are different. Without knowing all those factors its tough to try and compare. Every project needs to be looked at individually. Again, everyone has their own reasons and budgets when they begin a Kickstarter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.