Official pwttoo kickstarter thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by PWTToo, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

There is no demand for that option! As a person who does collision repairs. Stop with the electronics with no reasonable on board user interface!

Just something else to go bad on a 8 year old car

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know, it's insane, but the car companies are in an arms race to have the most silly gadgets... I don't make decisions, I test the silly gadgets to make sure they don't make the car explode. ;-)

3. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

So Scaleface works for GM... No wonder he has the time to be so active here on the boards!
    LOL -I kid I kid. Im a BIG fan of American manufacturers. Especially since Im from the Detroit area.

4. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since they said that the Blackjack head will go on the Wrecktifier body the other day on the Kickstarter page, I figured I'd do a quick cut and paste.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why am I picturing Crash Test Dummies? :lol 

6. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

This kickstarter couldn't come at a more worse time for me financially.

Oh well, I hope the best for you and that your project can become a reality. I know that I'll be picking up a few of your figures.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just did some quick math, but we need to hit around $280,000 just for the "play with it all" people to break even without duplicate figures. That means we really need to blast past the goal and head in that direction... because if it gets close to the end and we're not close to the $280,000 mark, many of them (if not all) could back out leaving the entire Kickstarter crippled.

For the "play with just the figures" people, we need to hit $365,000 for them to break even without duplicate figures.

So we have a ways to go... I hope the last few days kicks this into the stratosphere. I'm nervous but hopeful.

8. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

Please make this in transparent orange!

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I don't know how MOTU fans are, but I don't think it's the value proposition as much as its trying to squeeze $900 from a well that's constantly dry on the Transformers side. This is the same group that acts like they won't be able to feed their families if deluxes go from $12.99 to $14.99. The other big issue is the need for instant gratification. A 3rd party project gets delayed for even a couple weeks and suddenly the sky is falling. I haven't even checked the Apollyon thread for months because I know it's all "where is this bbts said January" posts. If there's an actual update I'll see it on Facebook. It's not -as- bad with the Hasbro stuff because everyone is uses to shitty distribution channels but there's still an unnecessary amount of complaining for stuff that we end up sick of seeing at Target.

Something like Mythic Legions went after a different crowd. It's higher end. Something where the all-in buyer won't mind being out a grand for a year while the stuff gets made. At least the Transformers buyers don't know how to do that.

This is doing the higher end thing but soliciting the average customer. I'm familiar with the credentials of the people behind this- I don't doubt for a minute that they will deliver any less than the most premium experience possible within the bounds of the project. But as long as $16.99 deluxes at TRU remains a life or death scenario, there's just no way the vast majority of people reading these boards will be entering at the $55 level, let alone the $900 level.

So my suggestion for Rik and the gang is to go after the backers with the deeper pockets. They're the ones that will get this funded and open up vast amounts of stretch goals.

10. BigGrim78

BigGrim78 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that there could be more stretch goals between 80k and 280k that we don't know about yet.

11. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The addition of the BMOG at $55 pledge level makes this infinitely more tempting.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would they add stretch goals in the middle of it? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of "stretch goal"? Also, adding them between later makes no sense because they could be used to get people to pledge NOW....

13. BigGrim78

BigGrim78 Well-Known Member

The tech drone two-pack was added as an 80k stretch goal when the kickstarter was at 58% and was later changed to an immediate add on.

14. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say we start making signatures people can use to promote this Kickstarter. Here are two I just made. Feel free to use them, or donate your own signatures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  15. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just bumped my pledge of $55 up to $110. Desolataur and Bloodbath will be mine!!

16. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why not go $12 more for the Atomic Splatterpus?

Oh, made this today:

[​IMG]

17. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Look who was on the front page of Kicktraq!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  18. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

How come there's no $100 pledge for just Bloodbath and Desolotaur? I'm only really interested in the Transformer homages and I'm not sure why that would cost me an extra 10 bucks.

19. PWTToo

PWTToo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After speaking with our Kickstarter consultant, adding an option for just the two most popular characters would actually negatively impact the funding goal. This is why we've made the 3 packs cheaper, to encourage a higher pledge and to save people money while doing so. This is the process needed to achieve the funding goal. It is not ideal, but again the higher you pledge the more you save and the more you get.

20. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Shame it wasn't possible to work out one or two extra heads at those levels, maybe by including them in the same moulds -- despite MOTU being based on heavy buck reuse, it never felt (and generally doesn't with Classics) like anything more than maintaining an aesthetic due to unique heads. Even clipping the horns off would differentiate the Hordak/Skeletor homages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.