Official Press Release: ROTF DVD/Blu Ray Detailed Release Specs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by prime326, Aug 20, 2009.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Wow !!! Can't wait :) 

2. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  This.

3. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Seeing as how I just got an HD TV and a Blu ray player yesterday.... I can't fucking wait! =D

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just going to post that this is going to look so damn nice on Bluray, I can't freekin' wait.

Damn, that cover looks nice too!

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Just a heads-up: Video Business has some additional details which aren't mentioned in the press release:

And in reply to Vector Prime 7:

Vector Prime 7, I'll be the first to welcome you to the forum, but I strongly suspect you only joined because you're somehow connected to Dreamworks/Paramount. Certain comments you made smell of corporate marketing. I apologize if I'm wrong and am reading into this, but when you use the plural "we" when making a statement like this: "all i care about is how the movie itself looks and sounds..and Blu ray is currently the best we can do," it makes me really suspicious.

Also your comment about "some people don't care about special features" reminds me too much of what I hear from corporate types quoted in trade publications like "Video Business." While it's true that some people really don't care about special features, Transformers fans do and DVD/Blu-Ray afficionados largely do as well.

IMO, consumers who don't generally care about special features are parents buying product for their kids. But I've bought some DVD box sets primarily because of the bonus content that was included, and in talking to other fans and collectors I've found the same is true for them as well. Commentaries have lost their appeal to me since I've been burned by too many boring ones, but I really do enjoy making-of features, interviews, and blooper/outtake reels. And these things have impacted my purchasing decisions.

And the most revealing statement you made that makes you appear connected with Paramount or Dreamworks is this one:

Actually, crap is still crap -- even in high-definition.

Now, granted, I did actually enjoy ROTF and found it very entertaining in spite of my personal gripes with it. And I'll definitely be buying it based on which store offers the best exclusives (I bought 5 different versions of the 2007 movie, if that tells you anything).

But if a fan didn't enjoy ROTF and/or doesn't care for Michael Bay either, then purchasing the Blu-Ray version isn't going to "change" their opinion in the slightest. Trust me on this. It may indeed look visually amazing on Blu-Ray, but like I said -- a turd is still a turd, no matter how pretty it may look.

7. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found some additional information here .... Transformers 2 first out with augmented reality - 8/20/2009 - Video Business

And here is the story:

8. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

:jawdropper:  One day b4 my b-day. :D 

9. saber72

saber72 Member

Ebay:
    full marks to Paramount for not crapping on people who cannot afford to upgrade to blu-ray. i dont think ill miss the interactive stuff.

10. MrsOptimusPrime

MrsOptimusPrime Autobot

Where did you buy these 5 versions and what was special about them? I like Best Buy's Blu-ray with Optimus mini-head replica, but I'm not sure if that's the one I'll get. I got the transforming Optimus DVD case from Target in 2007.

11. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    According to Amazon.co.uk, the UK release date is 30th November. :(  The double packs of both movies have yet another piece of unique cover art!

12. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna need 50 bucks!!!!

13. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

Well I just found out that ROTF won't be released in Australia until November 09 so the Australian public[TF Fans] will have to wait until then :bay 

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Only decent feature on here is the 25th anniversary featurette which will be on-line in a few days after the DVD"s release just like the first movie's DVD features.