Official Press Release: ROTF DVD/Blu Ray Detailed Release Specs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by prime326, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Sounds awesome! I'll definitely be buying the 2-disc version.

2. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

if i read it right, the regular dvd will have all of this:

while the blu-ray will have the above PLUS this as well:

which is how i hope it works out. the extras on the first movie were kinda skimpy i thought

3. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Transformers make me want to be dead

News Credits:
    Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!! :bay 

4. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you ask me i dont see nothing exciting about the bluray version on the special menu selction nothing worht watching anyway everyone says blurya has 3 or more tims the space of nomral dvd but bluray dvds always have crappy special features i think bluray dvds make up in special features with interactive games, & menu menu option that have when watching a movie that they put on the disks other than brighter picture on bluray dvds i see nothing spectaclur about them just yet when it comes to extra features

5. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    YES! This implies that the Blu-ray version of the film will include editing, something that the theatrical version of the film clearly didn't have!

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Happy to have the movie in whatever format you like best..I look at it like this.. the movie will be out b4 I can get the bots I want from Waves 4, 5, or 6 in my area:lol 

7. Sam Witwicky

Sam Witwicky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sucks that their is no digital copy that comes with it.

8. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Sounds funky! :D 

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    WOW, a 3D spin gallery of each (most?) robots, now that's what I've been waiting to hear!!! Definately looking forward to seeing Rampage and Scrapper, and The Fallen!!!!

Now, the only question is wether it would be all the robots, because it reads, "all", and "most", so can anyone confirm?

Well, I sure hope I get to see the constructicons, and the Fallens physical anatomy, really well.

:bay 

10. Vector Prime 7

Vector Prime 7 Member

depends...

"if you ask me i dont see nothing exciting about the bluray version on the special menu selction nothing worht watching anyway everyone says blurya has 3 or more tims the space of nomral dvd but bluray dvds always have crappy special features i think bluray dvds make up in special features with interactive games, & menu menu option that have when watching a movie that they put on the disks other than brighter picture on bluray dvds i see nothing spectaclur about them just yet when it comes to extra features "

some people don't care for special features on discs...i like them, but in the end i don't really care how much stuff they cram in there...i usaully go through it when i have time, just for the hll of it. in the future i'm sure the titles will get better when it comes to extra content...i'm not holding my breath though...all i care about is how the movie itself looks and sounds..and Blu ray is currently the best we can do, and it really is amazing...especially via digital projector and a massive screen...to say Blu-ray is no big deal...well, you are missing out on how amazing it really is...

11. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

^agree with vector prime .. i finally broke down and bought a blu-ray player...even without the extras, watching the movie will be worth it

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    agree slightly, but what about the 3D spin, in 3d of the robots? To me that's the main reason I wanted to purchase it, and nice to have in TF1, but now it's only for the BlueRay!! what the heck?
    I wonder if there's a way to copy the 2ndblue ray disc?

13. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Awesome Awesome Awesome.

Did anyone think of having someone just post what the "secret message" is so we all can see regardless of our movie playing devices? But don't get your hopes up it probably won't be anything much..... it never is.

Like someone said it will probably be something about "there WILL be a TF3 but not anytime soon because we're sick of Transformers :mad: "

I like bonus features so I can't wait! Too bad there is a rule in my house renting only because my parents don't think that I watch movies more than once (how many times can you watch Home on the Range? Seriously!). I'll probably rent it a few times and watch it a few times each rent. (or whenever I get a chance.)

14. Slegos

Slegos Active Member

News Credits:
    Sweet. I expect to see the tail of Ze Little One, and his trails, like a harsh upbringing, disrespected by his peers and his secret love triangle with Fracture and The Doctor.

Totally getting the blu-ray.

15. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I usually end up liking movies i'm so-so with more after I own them on DVD. I can't believe how fast this is being released.

16. tarZen

tarZen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3D spin of each tf. Sold. I'm visiting the USA in October, but I'll be leaving before the 20th. Crap.

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:

SOld, yes for many, but I own an HD, is anyone willing to sell me a copy of the 2nd disc, in HD format, since the 3d spin will only be on BLueRay?

18. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    This would be very useful for customs. I need to get this on Bluray.. too bad it will end up costing twice the price here in the Philippines.

19. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

I wish it had a special feature to make it a good movie.

20. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Own HD what? HD-DVD? HDTV? Not sure what you're saying. I could copy the 2nd disc, but I'm not sure that particular feature would work if it's not on a blu-ray. It depends on how it's set up. If it's just simple video files, then it would be easy enough to put it on a DVD in HD quality. But it'd be illegal for me to share it :)