Official Pictures of Alternators Rollbar and Ricochet & Star Wars Transformers Wave 2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Now it's official:

SWTF=STFU

(I have SW nerd friends that will get me these for my birthday, I just know it...)

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

meh

:|

Hasbro could AT LEAST have given them new heads, and I still can't believe they painted Rollbar's visor, as a matter of fact Rollbar looks really cheesy in robot mode. I'm still really not sure if I get these guys, if I do, it will only be to have a complete set of Alts.

3. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    i'm kind of starting to like them in the same 'oddity' way that i like BT Red meister, Yellow Tracks and Blue Prowl...

4. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

Still will be getting those Alternators anyways. The only thing I like on Rollbar is the color. Everything else is just meh. I can't comment on Ricochet yet. I am soo glad I didn't throw my money at those Transformers/Star Wars line. I never liked them before and I will never like them as long as the line is still out there.

5. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ricochet looks a lot better with the painted nose. If he ships like that, I'll buy him.

6. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

The major recurring design flaw I'm seeing with the SWTFs is that the cockpit doesn't change much, if any, from vehicle mode to robot mode. This results in the chubby look each figure has (except perhaps Grievous) and stubby or skinny limbs. If they fix that and the heads (they should look like robot heads that somewhat resemble the character's head).

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Rollbar, meh. I'll get it because I've got all the others.

Ricochet, fo sure.

8. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

I wish Rollbar were Trailbreaker.

9. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Ditto. I mean, I love Sunstreaker, but I only got him 'cause it was cheaper to order a case. I'm just not sure about these two. Not sure I can justify buying a straight repaint.

Now, if they had made Ricochet a reapaint of Meister on the other hand...

10. Foster

News Credits:
    I really like the RX-8 mold and I wish they'd repaint it, if they have to be in the business of repainting Alternators. (Meister into Ricochet must have been planned at one point, only it was changed to the WRX mold, which I also like a lot as Silverstreak.) In fact, I'd pee myself to see a Shockblast done in silver and called Shackwave.

Looking at Ricochet, this pic shows he is the RH steering variant, which isn't one I have. So there's that. I hope he has the uniform paint on his face. And they both have the Colorado and New Jersey plates on the final versions.

11. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

Actually Ricochet's pic is mirrored, like Nevermore said. Makes it look like the steering wheel is on the right side

Man, just looking at Ricochet's new pic, he looks very much improved. The black color on the car looks very sleek. As much as I'm not excited to pick up 2 more 3rd repaints, I'll get them anyway

12. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Those SWTFs are such a let down. The vehicle modes are great, but the bot modes suck ass. I'm glad I returned the Vader I got and got a Sigma 6 figure instead.

13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'm quite pleasantly surprised, these new pics really show these two very well. I'm still probably not going to get them, I'd rather save the money for ones I really want, like Mirage. But they do look much better, maybe if WM ever has their $10 alt.s again, I might pick up Ricochet.

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Which is funny, because that's the exact same stock photo we saw on BBTS and in Previews, only larger and with fixed hue settings.

15. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I think it also helps he doesnt have a white nose.

16. Foster

News Credits:
    Rollbar, the Jeep Wrangler, is mirrored. Ricochet is not. Look at the Subaru logo in the car mode pic. The large star is on the left, compare at http://www.subaru.com/

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The final toy could still end up having a white nose. As I said, these are early stock photos which predate all the test shots we saw.

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Well, still have the same feelings about these two new alts. Ricochet I like and Rollbar is meh. Not thrilled to be getting two more repainted figures, but I don't want to not have a complete set of alts simply because of two repaints.

Got 1 to 18 without a grip... so I'll be picking up these two also... which I assume are 19 & 20. Hopefully, Hasbro puts the money made on these two repaints into creating new moulds for the alt line.

STW TFS... they look like shit. Pure and simple... just plain shit. The heads looks too human, the cockpits don't move location really and the arms and legs are way too spindly. Frankly, whoever is working on these things needs to take some lessons from the pros working on the mainline. Glade, I didn't let the packaging sway me into getting them the other day... saw a friend of mine's Darth Vader the other day and it looks like crap also.

19. TGCLightGuard

TGCLightGuard FOR THE ROYALTY!

Ebay:
    Mmm...methinks I'm gonna take the green and brown paint I got for my attempt at repainting Swindle into Roadbuster and make Rollbar my new Roadbuster! Either that...or I'm gonna need to paint Rollbar a uniform Olive Drab.

*Shrugs*

Either way, I will NOT own a stock Rollbar...