Official pics of Shadow Scyther

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by flamingunicron, Sep 3, 2010.

1. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

True but the purple goes with his Decepticon faction insignia and the subtle red highlights in the armor match his highlights.

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know either. If we are to believe the 300 limit, perhaps they are releasing their stock gradually. And without knowing how much they sell between inventory readjustments, we can't say if they actually only have 300.

The number is down to 64 now. If at one point the high was 200-some available, we know they have sold at least around half their stock, and at most 236.

-edit-

Yea, what anabolik1 said.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  3. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

You know...what if they preordered some from TFSource...to my knowledge, there's nothing to prevent them from doing that...

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I think I will begin dying my Rodimus tonight. Hope he comes out ok and takes the dye well. The only one other time I tried dying a figure was when I did my Classics Nemesis Prime. I did his lower legs black and they came out great. If I have the same success with Rodimus I'll be more then happy.

Oh and those reprolables are just icing on the cake.

5. harry543

harry543 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    OMG he is goregeous

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just saying the math is questionable.

RK initially put up a small amount of Scythers and after some were bought they still had over 200 available. This morning they had 10 left and then added another 60. A couple of hours ago they had 64 and somehow went back up to 79. Since the time when 40 was sold and 60 available they've added 140, 60, 15. That adds up to 315. I can think of a combination of several possibilities:

1) Someone is lying about the 300 limit.
    2) They got allotted slightly more then the 300 to cover defects and they put them all up for sale.
    3) RK's inventory system is screwed up and some people who wait to long to order may not get theirs.
    4) RK bought out some of TFSource's allottment.
    5) People canceled their order with RK and RK put them back up for sale (I've personally never had any success with canceling a RK order)
    6) At some point they bumped down their stock without a sale (like maybe another retailer offered to buy some and RK reduced the amount then the deal fell through and they increased the amount back up)

315 for a 300 limit is a rounding error but if RK keeps bumping up the numbers today then that should raise a red flag.

Log based on comments on the thread
    ---------------------------------
    (9/5 10:30 PM) = 100 available, 0 sold
    (9/6 8:40 AM) = 60 available, 40 sold (assumed)
    (9/6 ~ 12 PM) = 207 available, 40+ sold (assumed)
    60 added this morning
    15 added this afternoon
    ---------------------------------

7. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Great tracking on this. I don't see how RK could buy a lot from TFSource. Unless it was at a whole sale price, but even then it wouldn't be worth selling at the regular price that they are.

I think their system is buggy, and a bunch of fans will end up getting the shaft. :(  FansProject is not delivering more than 300 units to each retailer.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Right now there is 76 in stock ...

9. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

^^^let me know how that turns out(open to anyone).....as this seems to be the only option right now to get a black Roddy...still on the hunt tho......even if i decided to not dye my extra roddy i still pre-ordered a set as soon as they were up just to b on the safe side and im willing to bet old hot rod will look fine with the shadow armor....

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yeah I'll keep everyone updated on my project. Hope I don't mess up too bad. Lol.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I wonder how crystal roddy would look with the black Scyther

12. HOCBethel

HOCBethel Well-Known Member

I can imagine it looking bad ass, especially if the scythe is clear

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I don't know... I'm looking at Rodimus now and I think black armor would look kinda gross on him. Too much of a mismatch. Its true what they say that black goes with everything but there's gotta be a limit..

14. cypherstorm

cypherstorm Well-Known Member

I say wait to see what the plastic actually looks like and the color so you can match it better... Christmas is gonna be awesome this year! this and the actual protector set. good thing I have some extra Rodimus figures.... SO I'm guessing they are giving us the spoiler and the addon wings so the Chrome will match when you put the two together? So does that mean we can get rid of the original spoiler on the figure?

15. temptingtoys

temptingtoys Well-Known Member

OK, let me clear the air. I've retracted any complaint against Peaugh with Ebay. My only suggestion to ebay users is to contact seller's before retracting because they generally don't go out of their way to contact people who retract bids. Also, I understand it appears that the other bidder rebid, but he/she did not. I cancelled the 0 feedback bidder's bids as a sign of good faith because the other high bidder was planning to cancel his/her bids too for the same reasons stated by Peaugh. The cancellation was made at Sep-06-10 21:56:23 PDT, but the high bidders last valid bid was made at Sep-06-10 22:00:07 PDT. Basically that bid just carried over. He/she did not make a bid after the cancellation of the 0 feedback bidder's bids. Now there's another 0 feedback bidder from Singapore and not sure what to do about that.

16. mastermega

mastermega terrorcon

shadow scythe

FansProject

fansproject updated their web site with the color scheme. my guess is they had henkei wildrider in mind for this? they also say its limited to 600 pieces, 300 for us and 300 for asia. hope you got your preorders before it sold out on tfsource

Attached Files:

17. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im going to try and talk to mike from kotoys about KOing the rodimus mold in all black. that way ppl can get the black rodimus, reprolabels set and the add on armor.

18. cypherstorm

cypherstorm Well-Known Member

Awesome! hope it goes through.

19. mastermega

mastermega terrorcon

please do cuz that would be awesome!

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Ah, I hadn't noticed that, I just saw another zero bidder in the lead and it looked like the other guy cancelled and rebid again. Anyway, I just responded to your PM, which should at least put things mostly to right.