Official Pic and Bio for MP Sunstorm

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jru42287, May 29, 2014.

1. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just fully read the original posters comments. He's right, if we could just get MP grimace and the hamburgler we'd have a pretty cool set!

2. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a shame that hasbro has the American market cornered in terms of getting "masterpiece" transformers at a lower cost than what takara costs and since hasblow knows this, they can make ronald McDonald into a transformer and bring lackluster quality. And as the consumer you're thinking, "well, it's better the $150+ price tag from takara and I guess I can live with this new deco" in which reality.. You have no other choice. Hasbro knows that we will buy this stuff up because it's a cheap, decent alternative and hasblow could easily have made this accurate and better the qc on hasbro masterpieces as a whole. . In the end, they say jump and you say how high? But what you should say in return is, do fries come with this?

3. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Ugh....kill it with fire. This isn't even awesomely hideous like Acid Storm's retina-scorching deco. It's just throw-up-in-your-mouth hideous. A pity, i was kind of looking forward to having an MP seeker that looked like a creamsicle. This just looks like a pile of French fries with ketchup vomit.

4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Will do!

5. Danimal

News Credits:
    Fucking hasbro. Transformers are their bread and butter and they can't even transform a transformer the proper way. What a shit company.

6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Do people not realize that posts become instantly harder to take seriously the second they say "Hasblow"? Its just really infantile.

As for the deco, yes its inferior, but clearly they were trying to make him more "firey" with the red, it just didn't turn out very well. Its not like they intentionally are trying to stick it to buyers. Personally, I'm going to go for MP-11S instead, but I think people are really over-reacting.

7. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    maybe...hopefully that red is just painted on and can be stripped like Acid Storms camo...fingers crosssed

8. Danimal

News Credits:
    Infantile? Riiiight. More like an adult who knows how much hasbro sucks. Hasbro has got to be neck to neck with mattel in terms of bad toy companies. Hands down. You really think they care about what the fans and consumer want?! Haha! They want the secondary market to explode with one per case figures, even Jesse falcon who helped with marvel legends line agreed. He says that making product "hard to find" at retail brings attention to the line. So let's make black widow one per case while all the suckers who have their walmart avengers have to pay $50 on ebay to complete their avengers team?! Come on man. Hasbro makes this junk and they could have made a waaaaaay better sunstorm but they don't think about the fans and what they deserve, they think we can try and be creative but either way people will buy it.

9. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd buy 2 Acidstorms before this guy. he is ugly as hell.

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Um...they don't have us "cornered." It's your choice to buy it or leave it. While yes the "better" version is about 75 more than the domestic version, but you need to keep in mind that that's imported. Otherwise, he'd be the same price as this one. And if you really want an accurate Sunstorm, then shouldn't that $150+ price tag be justifiable? A price tag is really only expensive if you're either low on funds or don't value the figure enough to justify said price tag. Really the main reason why the deco is different is so they can make money off of the Takara version. Otherwise, if the deco was the same in the US, people'd obviously by the cheaper version. No real point in having Takara sell one at a higher price. That's how they make their money to begin with. And nobody here's a damn seal nor is this guy the new face of McDonald's. We get it, he's red and yellow.

I also agree that "Hasblow" is a childish way of referring to them.

11. Danimal

News Credits:
    Yea, well, i call em hasblow. If you don't like it, tough shit.

I never said the $150 price tag wasn't justifiable did I? Learn to read buddy. If hasbro released the same deco as takara, people would by the hasbro just at the lower price point alone. That's business. That's hasbro taking advantage at the fact that they can make money as a toys r us exclusive in the states and that's a no brainer but making a transformer labeled a "masterpiece" and looks like grimmus shit out his afternoon Big Mac.. That's a way to sell a transformer? To make it hideous and appeals to basically not too many but completists and scalpers who THINK they can flip this. You got it all
    Figured out.

12. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well I think that's childish. If you don't like it, that's your problem (see how I made that a bit nicer?).

I managed to read through your immaturity, didn't I?

I'm glad you agree cause I made the exact same point. It's how Hasbro makes their money.

Not really. While it is business, that's just it. Business. Business is how they make their profits. If they spent their time catering to every whim of every fan, they'd be broke. And the reason why they labeled it MP is mainly because the molds are so damn accurate. Paints do play a part, no doubt there. But the main reason is the mold. Paint is easier to fix than the mold itself.

And clearly you don't. We're not the only ones who love toy robots that turn into various pieces of technology. There are kids in the fandom and the kids are the primary target. We're the secondary. The brighter colors are also a psychological tactic for selling figures like this. Bright colors attract kids. Same reason retail Bruticus had neon colors. And if those kids bitch and moan long enough, they'll get what they want. As for the scalpers, they know collectors like us will gladly pay a shit ton of money for stuff like this. Some may not frequent the forums as they only see TFs as a cash-cow and don't know a damn thing about 'em nor do they know how much flak this one's getting. But they know there ARE people out there who'll pay up the ass for these things.

13. Galvatron2010

Galvatron2010 Active Member

LMAO, you sir win the internet. Thank you for the laugh.

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Ba-da-dat-da-daaaah, I'm not lovin' it.

Seriously, McSeeker there just saved me $75. After the surprise home run that was Acid Storm, this Sunstorm just feels weak as hell.

Ah well, between Transmutate and MP Grimmy, my money's better spent elsewhere anyway.

15. ActionAwesome

ActionAwesome Member

If they lost the white on it it would look awesome. This way? Not so much. I liked Acid Storm right away

16. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The complaints are justifiable for both Hasbro and TRU in this thread and the MP Grimlock thread. Hasbro and TRU are the worst. Hit em where it hurts - don't settle for an inferior product if you don't have to. Don't purchase!

17. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    Maybe this will get a McDonalds exclusive MP Ronald McDonald McSeeker and they will throw it in the happy meal? Hahaha....

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'll wait for better quality pictures, but as-is this looks like a pass. I was kinda hoping for something more orange colored, and a bit more white couldn't hurt. I wanted to crave a creamsicle every time I looked at him. I'll probably just wait and see what next year's Seeker flavor is. Might be worth waiting for a possible Starscream release of this mold.

19. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna say it.

This looks more like Sunstorm than MP-11S does.

20. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    That was very brave of you.

Now to prepare for the upcoming torrent of food and undergarment references ridiculing your statement.

Seriously, some of you guys are just weird. :crazy: