Official Sales, Deals, and Coupons Thread- Rules in First Post

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matty, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I'm with the naysayers. :mad  Kickin' Toys is shifty. Their delivery records are spotty, and I can vouch for that from experience. You've also got to question HOW they can sell you the stuff so cheaply - they're usually several dollars below the market price, AND do free shipping. :sly:  Did I mention shipping is REALLY expensive now?

You may have received your stuff perfectly fine (excellent photos! :thumb ), but there's a real question about whether or not they'll be around for the long haul. This happens with eBay sellers all the time. There's a reason most people stick to certain Chinese sellers, while avoiding the rest (even if their prices are cheaper!).

If you go with sellers like Kickin' Toys (after checking their spotty feedback scores), then you're assuming the risk. This means expect to use considerable amounts of personal time to chase after refunds. If you have less time to enjoy your hobbies (like I do), then this is a pretty big negative. It outweighs saving $2 extra dollars on a figure.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kingragnork

Kingragnork Well-Known Member

Maybe at the very least they have a hookup with shipping? I do and I'm a nobody. Only cost me $7 to ship pretty much anything.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Got an offer for 13% eBay bucks via the app, or 8% online. Probably targeted. They're really pushing the app hard in this one.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  4. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got that too, 13% is the highest eBay bucks I've seen in long time. Highest return other than the 15% off coupons, but I feel like they're done with those at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Exastiken

Exastiken Into the Cyberverse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is the first targeted I've gotten since 2019 started, so I'm happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Teepo

Teepo Well-Known Member

Yes! I FINALLY got a targeted offer this year!! Make sure you check your messages, guys like me who never have any luck :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Soundave8

Soundave8 Well-Known Member

Been waiting to pull the trigger on visual toys peru kill. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This reminds me of missing out on the ocular max black version, but some might be interested in this sale...
    Master Mini MM-X Toro

75BCF3DC-1BB7-4A1E-BD3C-E586788D935C.jpeg

6869E846-7375-4A95-8CA3-52E57DEEDDEE.jpeg

Now if it was 44% off for $36, then the temptation might’ve been too strong to fend off.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Don't know if this is new or not but Hasbro Pulse just sent me a survey and, when completed, gave me a $5-off code for a future order:

Thanks for completing our Survey!

Here's the code to save $5 on your next order: FANDOM52019*

Please save code as this page will become unavailable upon closing browser. Promo code is one time use and may only be redeemed by Pulse Premium members.

*Take $5 USD off your next HasbroPulse.com order with FANDOM52019 through July 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST when you take provided survey. Must be a Hasbro Pulse Premium member to be eligible. No rain checks. Offer not valid on previous orders. Does not apply to HasLab campaigns or Hasbro Pulse exclusives. Other exclusions may apply. Offer valid for shipping in continental U.S. only. Void where prohibited. Subject to terms of use and HasbroPulse.com policies. Must opt-in to marketing emails to receive updates on additional perks/incentives.

• Like Like x 7
  10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Sweet! Got the same survey and code. :) 

12. joespags15

joespags15 Well-Known Member

I got that survey also with the same code.

13. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Oh man, that is tempting. I got the ACE Tumbler, but he's a but of a mess.

14. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got ace tumbler when he first came out and was fortunate that I haven’t had issues with mine; and thought the large, “I’ve got megatron dead center in my viewfinder!” gun was a nice touch (almost ironic that the toy overall was a miss too :lol )...
    Anywho, since Bbts had the combo on sale (Immortal Series Ace-01 Tumbler & Ace-02 Hiccups Set), I actually added them to my pile of loot earlier this week.
    584186A6-EEAC-40B0-9EF5-0D9815EB3985.png

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I got him back on Black Friday when he first dropped in price. He's not terrible, just doesn't hold together terribly well. And I had some paint chipping only a few minutes out of package.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Got the survey, thanks, guys! :thumb 

But to be clear... is this REALLY a "perk"? :lol  If you fill out a survey, you SHOULD be paid for your time. This is a coupon to spend more money. :)  I think I've gotten these kinds of "perks" from far less "epic" shops! :p 

EDIT: That was a really stupid survey. Couldn't they put some interesting questions in there? It was all,
    "okay... siiiiiiigh. So.... ehhh.... which brands do you like? I guess. If you feel like it.

Forget it. I don't care. Just give me your email and get your code." :rolleyes2 
    (You ever get the feeling Hasbro is avoiding fan feedback? :D )

This was a survey in the same way that Taco Bell is "Mexican food". :lol  My Marketing professor would fail me if I turned in this "survey". :eek: 

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good grief! It's a $5.00 coupon you DIDN'T have before. It was barely a handful of questions and took all of 30 seconds to fill out. For a guy who's taken me (and others) to task over targeted eBay offers (which I didn't know at the time that that was how it worked) and you get so upset over people posting "deals" you don't find relevant (even though they are), you're sure doing an awful lot of whining here.

It comes across as whiny and entitled. I can tell you there are plenty of surveys that DON'T pay you for your time. I've done them. It's not much, but it's something. It's better than nothing.

• Like Like x 9
  18. node

node Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    you sure "nailed" it on the "head." I'm "glad" I "wasn't" the only "one" thinking "this."

19. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zap, look what ya done started. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  20. grymg

grymg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    worked for me:

eBay.com is offering a $3 Off $3.01+ Purchases w/ coupon code PROMO3 (apply at checkout) valid for select eBay Account. Shipping may vary depending on the item you're purchasing.

• Like Like x 6