Official Lost Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by DevilzFan, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Claire died? I don't think we ever got any information to that regard, did we? I thought she just walked off.

2. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It was a theory that claire died when we saw her in Jacob's cabin with her father. According to Miles I believe, she just walked off with him, but the theory is really died in the explosion and Miles saw her ghost with Christian.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I figure whatever buildings we saw on the second island in season 3 were ones the Others had co-opted from Dharma for their own use. We never really got a lot of detailed shots of the exterior, I don't think.

More importantly though, those were pages from Faraday's notebook the new guy was flipping through. When and why was he there? And where is he now...whenever 'now' is?

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    She never died. She walked off into the jungle with her Father aka Jack's dad. She was last seen with her father in the cabin. Before that she was walking to the beach with Miles and Sawyer and Aaron. She left in the night. If she was dead, then they would have found her body.

I believe Christian may be alive. His coffin was empty. No body, not dead. No he didn't just fall out. Look at the coffin. It was undamaged. If he'd fallen out his coffin would have been tossed around to do so. It showed no damage. Thus Christian just stepped out. But when he was brought back, he became part of the island. That is how he moves around the island. A Ghost? Maybe a ghost but a solidified spirit that can disappear and interact with the environment. Who knows.

5. Primus

News Credits:
    Can anyone recall any details from Christians death? I know he died in an alley or something in Australia but I can't recall much else.

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    The island wouldn't let Michael die until his work was done. Note: the island wouldn't let him die at all. It was not just the island wouldn't let him commit suicide, recall the freighter folk's gun jamming when they tried to kill Michael.

Conversely it was John's "work" to die, so why would the island not let him die? Heck, it didn't "not let him die" since Ben did kill him.

If that all weren't true, and the island was preventing Locke from killing himself, why would Ben have been 'worried' about convincing Locke to not hop of the desk, worried about cutting the cord and getting the noose off of John?

7. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

The folder had the Hydra logo (with all the heads), plus the office was in a deleted scene from S3.

8. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He died from a heart attack in an alley. I always thought they were keeping a mystery about Christian's body even being in the coffin to begin with. Jack was having problems getting the coffin cleared to take on board the plane. So I assumed he left the body in australia. Especially since Jack never bothered going around and searching for his fathers body on the island.

9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow, that was a great episode. We saw far less of the inside scoop of Dharma than I had hoped, though. But I think that will be redeemed with Faraday, as we know from the earlier flashback that he is working with the Doctor in the stations, including the Orchid.

10. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

After some research, I have come to a reasonable conclusion that the statue is of the Egyptian goddes Taweret; Goddess of maternity and childbirth, protector of women and children. Looking at a picture of a real statue of Taweret vs. the LOST statue, there's several similarities.

Attached Files:

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I thought it was a pretty good ep. I mean it explains how Sawyer and the others started becoming part of Dharma. We see Charlotte as a little girl on the island, which wasn't really a surprise, and we got to see more of Horace.

I am very curious to see how it will all unfold, now that Jack, Kate, et all, have come back to the island, but in the year 1976. Richard I dont believe has met young Ben yet, but old Ben is now back. What will Sawyer do to explain to the Dharma people about Jack and company? Will he pretend they were part of his "crew"? What about Richard and the others? Will Ben be involved with them once again or will Locke now take over? And what of that statue?

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also now that Sawyer, Juliet, and Co are with Darma, Will they prevent the gassing of the island and rewrite history or will they all die and be in the pit of Darma dead?

On the statue, I think it is a fertility statue that allows women to have kids, but perhaps one Darma person survives the gassing and in revenge blows up the statue which causes women to die if pregnant. This is done to keep the Others from reproducing and die out. Then Darma needs to sit and wait to start up again...

13. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Well..........I actually think last night's episode was the weakest of the season. Aside from seeing that statue at the beginning, I was bored.

I'm curious about why the O6 and the Ajira flight crashed on the island in the past and not in the present day.... Any smart Lost fans out there, do you have any insight about this?

14. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Do we know they are in the past? It's possible that Jack, Kate, and Hurley are in the past (they got pulled out of the plane in a flash, remember? That would explain that...) while the rest of them are in the present.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was said best last night, "What will happen, will happen." If they were supposed to prevent it, it will have happened, and it will still lead to the way things were supposed to be, except, much like in Back to the Future II, our losties won't know that it was them that prevented it, or helped with it, depending on which way it happens.

Up to this point, no one has run into themselves. If they do, Doc Brown has warned about the possible repercussions.

Yeah, Living Locke and Ben are in a different time than Jack, Sawyer etc etc. The flash sucked them out of the plane, through time.

I love this show, but damn, hehehe, but it's nice to watch something that crosses my eyes.

16. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Theory I came across after last night: Richard and the Others are "resurrected" dead people, hence the no aging. In exchange for the death of one of his people, Richard wanted Paul's dead body. For what other reason than to bring him back to life somehow?

17. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I really like this idea. It would mean perhaps the Others are also made up of people who have yet to be resurrected, but have an agreement with one another that once they die they are brought back to life. This would explain why Richard never ages, but clearly many of the Others (including Ben and Widmore) do. They have created a small utopia for those who would choose to live forever.

It's pretty amazing that Sawyer & friends have been in DI time for three years. I suspected this since Locke turned the wheel, but did not expect it to unfold the way it did. Now that they are in 1977, this has really got me thinking... An "Incident" occurs sometime between 77 and 80, leading to the button pushing at the Swan. Perhaps the Losties somehow are involved in this incident. And I still think a major element to what has been going on relates to Desmond having turned the failsafe key at the Swan. That was one of the first major flashes, and our first exposure to time/space manipulation (even if it was limited to Desmond's consciousness).

Brain fart... more thoughts later.

18. Primus

News Credits:
    wow, that Egyptian statue is very similar. Very interesting.

19. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, just remembered Horace! Not only was he the one who helped Ben's parents get to the hospital after he was prematurely born, but he was the one who hired Ben's dad and brought them to the island. Even more interesting is Locke's dream, where he sees Horace chopping wood, talking about how he built Jacob's Cabin. So.... Is the newborn baby that Horace & Amy just had Jacob?! That's my prediction, anyway.
    Also, with it being 1977, shouldn't Ben be on the island with the DI as a kid by now? If not, shouldn't he be arriving soon? I wonder how they will do that... The kid who played young Ben has grown since then, I'm sure.

Can't believe I have to wait two weeks for another episode... :( 

20. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Well the reason Richard took the body was to show to the Others that a sacrifice was made to protect the truce. That was pretty much a simple explanation.

I do think young Ben will be arriving on the next Submarine scheduled to arrive in 2 weeks.