Official Lost Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by DevilzFan, Dec 15, 2007.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got a thought. We never see Richard Alpert age.. EVER. He's been there since at least the 50s. Juliet says he is really old.

I think that the island has some sort of healing factor to it. If you die, you die. But if you are injured, you heal quickly. It also results in once you reach maturity, you stop aging. Ben has been on and off the island a lot, so he has aged a bit since he was a kid.

Aaron aged normally because he was a baby. Walt had slowed aging on the island and grew quickly once he was off (hence him looking so much older in the span of a few months off the island).

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

In last week's ep, during the Jin/Rousseau scenes, I could have sworn the voice saying the numbers over the radio was Hurley. With him and the rest of the O6 seemingly back in '70s/'80s-era Dharma, that suddenly seems much more likely.

When Locke fixed the wheel, the time flashes apparently stopped, leaving the stranded Losties back in the Dharma days. I'm thinking when the Ajira plane flew over the island, only the 06 flashed and synched up with the rest of the 815 survivors, but everybody else, and the plane, is still in 2007, possibly still set to land on the season 3 runway, which Ben should be able to conveniently direct Frank toward (unless those two flashed, too, in which case..I dunno).

The 'Marshal' chick is seen in the preview for next week's ep talking to a seemingly resurrected Locke, implying present day/2007. No idea about the 'Three Kings' dude (took me a minute to realize that that's where I had seen him and not in a Sayid/Iraq flashback, given the coincidentally identical settings) beyond potential Widmore goon. As for the people in Coach? Safely in Guam? Stranded on the island in 2007? 1977? Who cares? Any connection to last year's SDCC video with Chang/Faraday about 'reconstituting the Dharma Initiative'? :peoples: 

Random observation of the day: Charlie Pace's dad was a butcher named Simon. The name of the butcher shop where Ben had his flunkie keeping Locke's body...Simon's Butcher Shop. :peoples: 

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I don't see that as implying present day at all. I got from it that they flashed to the Island just like Jack and the others and somehow John is revived. I would assume they were in the same Dharma time as the rest. Though I guess it's possible they went to another time, and possible that Sun and Sayid went to another time too.

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Really good episode and observation.

Now we know HOW the O6 got back on the island, but now we would find out WHY.

Holy Moley on the next episode.

5. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    LOST is on a roll with yet another great episode. Their definitely not wasting any time.

So, with questions answered, we're now left with new questions. I think at the top of the list, why did Ben do a complete 180 when Locke mentioned Eloise? Maybe he realized he has a chance back to the island, if only Locke is out of the way? And I'm surprised the plane which had the O6 on, actually crashed, instead of just teleporting the main cast back to the island.

6. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow, so is Whidmore a .......good guy? Neat twist. Now I have no idea who to trust! But I definitely don't trust Ben!

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe neither of them is a good guy and Richard has been trying to get rid of both of those devious fuckers for 50 years. :p 

Still think the plane, now including Locke, Ben, the two noobs, Frank, Sun and the people in coach, are in 2007, having semi-landed/crashed on the runway. Notice they were on the other island. Dunno about Sayid, though I'm guessing he went whenever Jack and Co. did. New chick only mentioned Frank and presumably Sun taking off in the third boat. You'd think if Sayid were around, he and Locke would have interacted PDQ. When Locke, Sawyer, etc. came across the boats with the Ajira bottle, it was implied that it was the future relative to 2004, as the camp was trashed, the food was gone, and the beer cans were rusty. Why only some of the O6+ flashed and others, especially Sun, didn't and what the hell she and Frank are about to find on the main island in 2007...???...60-year-old 815ers sitting back, drinking mojitos?

8. Venksta

News Credits:
    I won't write off Whidmore as a total good guy. He shot and killed one of his people, in the past, so Locke and the gang wouldn't find their camp. Plus, he sent the rafters, who didn't care about the lives of the losties.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh I know. I was just expressing my shock from the perspective of what the show wanted me to think. :) 

At first, I was like, why are Ben and Charles BOTH trying to get the Losties back on the Island? Then it hit me, Ben didn't give a rat's ass at first. He is probably using them to get back there himself. When he killed John, he REALLY tried to kill John. He wasn't planning on him coming back. He probably learned that he needed them when he went to visit the woman in the Dharma Pendulum room, and was like "DAMMIT!!!"

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  10. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

It seems to me that Ben is trying to manipulate the events of the past in his favor. Whidmore wants to exploit the island himself for his own selfish reasons.

The show is definitely more interesting though with Ben as a lying and scheming bastard.

11. Venksta

News Credits:
    Yeah, you hit the nail about what the show is doing with the two characters. Its really hard to tell right now who is bad and good. We might not even know until the very end. Its really gray at the moment. :) 

12. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason the preview for next week's episode got me thinking about a line from S1 episode White Rabbit. Kate pins Sawyer to the ground and he says, "It's about time. I made this birthday wish four years ago."

I never understood that, and always thought it was weird.

I know it may not have anything to do with what's going on now, but that would be crazy if one day it did. For instance, did anyone notice that in S1 episode Deus Ex Machina, Locke had a dream that he witnessed the drug smuggler's plane crash, and now in S5 we know that he actually did witness the crash? Perhaps Sawyer was subconsciously referring to something that happens four years prior, post time jump.

This time travel stuff still hurts my brain, and I love it.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Nice episode

Here's a theory of Locke's death: You know how Mrs. Hawking said they have to replay the whole scenairo last week. Since Mr. Sheepard was buried, I don't think Ben could've been a tomb robber. Hence, he killed Locke so he would be representing himself and Mr. Sheppard on 316. I think Ben knew Locke would be up and about like Mr. Sheppard is currently. Ow, my head hurts.

14. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Christian was never buried. They just had a funeral service. There was no burial since there was no body to bury. When Jack found the coffin in season 1 on the island it was empty, and he certainly didn't bring the coffin or body with him on the helicopter, life raft, or Penny's boat.

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think Ben knew that Locke did in fact have to die for several reasons. But, I think Locke would not have been successful in killing himself, the same way Michael wasn't. The island wouldn't let him, so therefore an outside source, Ben, had to do it.

Another great episode, though my 2 biggest questions are, is Locke really dead now and they're all talking to his ghost, like Christian is, or is he alive again? My other question is what is that "office" that the new guy was rummaging through?

16. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

That office was part of the Hydra station, where Jack, Kate, and Sawyer got imprisoned by the Others back in season 3.

17. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I realize they were on the other island where the hydra station was, but are you basing it on that or something else? I didnt see any dharma symbols there, except on the folder, so I wasn't sure.

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree 100% on the first part. Ben knew Locke had to die and the island wouldn't let him kill himself, so Ben killed him. He Locke knew Ben was going to kill him, he'd let him and it would be assissted suicied.

I think Locke is alive again. I think if you die on the island, you stay dead. But if you are dead, and land on the island you are alive again. Also the island has tremendous healing factors. That is why Locke's bullet wound and leg wound healed quickly. As did his broken leg once it was set and he landed back on the island.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I Heart Locke Episodes. I hated Jack when he came down on him like that. As if Jack has lead the perfect life.

20. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If that's the case, then you must also believe that Christian is alive, since he was dead when he arrived on the island. I don't believe that. I'm not entirely sure what it could be, but I do think Christian is dead. Claire died on the island, or so we think, and she's still "there".