Official Images - Leader Class Megatrons!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

As-is, I think the G1-colored Megatron looks pretty cool! I guess I was hoping for Brainstorm-like IDW resemblance, but I see a cool-looking tank with a rotating turret and cool guns all over.

The robot looks...okay. Though I prefer complexity, I'm not too concerned about the simple transformation because it looks like an improved form of the G2 Megatron transformation.

I'm also wondering if it's mistransformed. Both versions have this weird claw thing on the lower leg. Makes me wonder if it's supposed to slide down and forward and fill out the foot a bit? Also, with the tank kibble showing up in the Armada version, that does not look like a Sandstorm/Springer remold, so I'm wondering if we get several options to position the kibble. Has promise.

That Armada version, though. YIKES. It's like the redecorating started with the tank mode, then moved onto the robot mode, started on the limbs, and gave up.

2. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

Please, please, please tell me that Armada Megatron isn't going to be a TRU exclusive.

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    His legs aren't the inside of a gun here, they're the outside of a tank. The colors on the official toy are fine as they are. The digibash earlier would be terrible. Sometimes the colors from one mold shouldn't be transferred directly across to another different mold. This is one of those times.

4. Victory Liner

Victory Liner Well-Known Member

I bow my head to hasbro again these two look amazing I don't know which one I want more :bowdown: 

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I was hoping the new Megatron would have this black deco lines on his chest. But there seems to be no place for even Takara to add it later :( 

And for the legs... hopefully mistransformed. As they are right now, the old Classics mold has definitely better legs.

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I think the only source of disappointment for me is that fact it ISN'T that close to the IDW design that has actually made me give a flip about Megatron again. Not bad for a new Neo-G1/Classics Megatron, but not even close to the IDW flavor I was hoping for (and am getting with Jetfire and Brainstorm).

I think if there are any concerns to be had, it's that the design looks evolved from the craptacular Titanium Megatron from 2006

7. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    These guys look fantastic! Gonna be tough to decide which one to go with.

8. Joyraid

Joyraid Member

G1 Megs is G1 Megs and there's not a whole lot to say about it, but Armada Megs would have been vastly improved if they'd sprung for some more extensive retooling and/or a mini-con.

9. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting design. Love the G1 bucket head and chest, but the legs look really out of place.
    Can't wait for the reviews when he comes out, though!
    At this time I'm not really sure he'll be replacing my United Megs.

10. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Everything looks good in the top half, aside from the minuscule rifle which needs to be buffed up, until you see the lower half...

Hasbro, you have until 2015. Please separate G1 Megatron and Armada Megatron. They are not the same. Redo their damn legs, and give us some articulation!

As for now, I deem these worthy, however, of looking up to once they're released.

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    This was my most anticipated figure. I'm a bit disappointed... It doesn't look awful but the 3rd party one looks a lot better...

I'm unsure what I'll do at this point.

12. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Head swivel, normal arm articulation, rotation above the elbow, elbow joint and wrist swivel, torso rotation, normal leg joints, roation below the the thigh, knee joints and what appears to be an ankle tilt.

He is has PLENTY of articulation.

13. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    normal arm articulation on one arm missing in the other one what i count is of articulation 4 on both legs 3 on the arms maybe one on the waist and the head
    9 imagine
    and the paint dont help

14. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both arms have normal articulation. The only reason the right arm isn't bent is because the cannon plugs into the top of his arm and blocks it. Solution: take it off.

15. Leviatron

Leviatron Well-Known Member

Screw the third party stuff, I'm going to be happy with the Hasbro version. It's not what I hoped for but I'm not going to drop a ton on anything less than a perfect mtmte megatron, which the mega steel version just isn't.

16. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

Looking right at armada Megs ftw!

17. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Well these are both fantastic. Take the G1 Megs head and attach to the Armada one and vola you've a pseudo g2 megs.

18. Uninvited Ghost

Uninvited Ghost Well-Known Member

To me that Walther PPK looks a little to much like a tank for me to like it.

19. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    Not bad, not bad. I like the Armada Version more. Henkei Megs will remain my Classics big bad.

20. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    G1 Megs looks pretty tight. But Armada Megs? No. In my opinion that doesn't do him justice at all... He needs a real, proper, update. One that changes into his H-Tank for starters. :|