Official Images - Generations Voyager Brainstorm!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jun 21, 2014.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I know that has always been the commonly-held belief, but I thought it got officially refuted recently.

Besides which, the subscription figure is lame.

I can wait because I have Function-X1, which is a great representation of the character. But I really want to see what see what Hasbro can do with an official Voyager Headmaster version. Anything that looks as good as this Brainstorm, I will 100% buy.

2. shellformer

shellformer @

It's of course fully possible they'll do a Chromedome eventually, and I could be wrong about the policy, but either way I think this stuff will be spread out somewhat. They didn't exactly jam out all the triple changers. Personally I'm hoping for a Weirdwolf to be Brainstorm's opponent. Good contrast both in modes and colours.

The rumour is that next year they'll do a couple of combiners and if they do a bunch that's going to eat up voyager slots something fierce.

Maybe they'll say more at SDCC. Now people know what to ask about, at least...

3. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

They were brilliant with YESTERDAYS tech, the fact that anyone at all remembers them despite being completely overlooked, having done almost nothing of note in the cartoons or comics (their only real claims to fame being Snapdragon almost killing Daniel and Apeface saying 'puke') for nearly three decades since they were first created is a testament to just how good their toys were.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's also a testament to how every toy is someone's favorite, and recognition & fond memories of a character can have to do with other things besides just their role in the fiction.

I mean, the vast majority of the G1 toys were characters that did nothing or next to nothing "of note" in the fiction. That never stopped a toy from triggering something in the imagination of a kid somewhere.

I'd love to see Apeface and Snapdragon. Anything from the 1987 line really. Doublecross... Punch... Misfire... the Autobot/Decepticon Clones... That year was so full of win.

Oh, yeah, I agree completely. I mean, even in a best case scenario, I wasn't expecting a Chromedome until the end of 2015/beginning of 2016 at the earliest.

I guess if we're really lucky, they might consider Headmasters as a kind of Combiner, and we may see more of them in 2015 as the "year of the Combiner." But they'll be spaced out for sure, and I'm sure a lot will depend on Brainstorm's sales. Which is why I plan to buy Brainstorm early and often. :thumbs2: 

5. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Wonder who we get for a repaint? I vote starsabre :) 

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gonna get it, it will be my first headmaster.

7. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

I don't think that's true. The club had their Rattrap ready for release and then Hasbro trolled them with their version after the reveal

8. goodapollo4

goodapollo4 GLORIOUS!!!

Hey so here is a question. Do we know what Brainstorm's wave mate will be? Have I missed something somewhere or are we still in the dark about this?

9. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    wait what? what was the club's rattrap?

10. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

nevermind, my memory fails me at times. I was thinking of the club's magazine cover back in December revealing generations rattrap thinking it was their own figure, forgetting it was just a preview of Hasbro's figure. My apologies.

But I still wouldn't go by what the subscription service releases having an effect on Hasbro's plans for a figure. If Hasbro planned to release a Chromedome figure, I'm sure it would not be a repainted TF Prime Wheeljack

11. Stepper

News Credits:
    This figure is easily the best out of all the Generations figures we have seen at botcon so far.

12. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I have to agree with you there, Stepper.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Classics Scourge came out something like 8 months after Botcon did their Scourge. Kup, Springer, Banzaitron all had figures on the shelves a year or sooner after Botcon did their version.

14. Stepper

News Credits:
    I love the IDW looking face!

15. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for getting it, RogueRunner. You must be a True Playa, too.

Glad to see the discord die down in this thread, and that it's becoming more about people who appreciate Hasbro's BS instead of people who keep hating on it.

As with a lot of you, my favorite reveal at Botcon was in fact BS. I can't wait to buy several crates of these so I can fill my life (and my limestone grotto) with BS.

I mean, Hasbro finally releases a good-looking, Geewuney, cost-conscious, updated Headmaster that the less Pimp among us can afford...there should be nothing but gratitude.

Unless the toy in hand sucks.

I'd like to see a Decepticon Headmaster (like Weirdwolf) next before another Autobot one. As is, the Decepticon ranks could use some shoring up in the Generations line.

16. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Looks superb I'm glad Headmasters and Target Masters are making a comeback.

17. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Well said. I remember pining for them as a kid. Never even owning them, they became part of my brother and I's storyline.

When I was stationed in Japan a while ago, I picked up both, and felt ecstatic to finally own these figures. Sometimes fiction has zero influence.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    The funny part is that Hasbro's doing the same figures as the 3Ps because of the same reasons. Hasbro is simply making figures of popular characters from the comic, I.E. Brainstorm, Swerve, etc. while 3Ps are doing characters from the comic who are popular.

[​IMG]

If they wanted to throw something together, they've done far worse than just a quick head retool and new paint apps.

To be fair, Botcon Banzaitron is a repaint of a toy who looks pretty dead-on in robot mode as a match for the original Action Master. Hasbro's Banzaitron is a neon repaint of ROTF Bludgeon most likely because they needed to repaint the thing and "Banzaitron" is the best they could come up with because of all the heavy Samurai motif on the toy. Then Botcon Kup is meant to be a young Kup and not the old hardass from Generations. I also would give Springer a pass purely because owning one (at the time) would have been improved by also owning the other, so that way it could be like having a psuedo-triple changer, but that's all a moot point now because 30th Gen. Springer is far superior to the Cybertron repaints with no compromise whatsoever.

Scourge, though...yeah, I'll agree on that one. Given how he's pretty much tacked on in a painfully obvious way in the given fiction for that year's theme, plus the cash-grab minor Sweep repaints, I can't help but wonder if they just threw him into Wings of Honor because of Cyclonus having gotten his amazing Universe toy and they wanted to exploit the need for Scourge and Sweeps before Hasbro whipped out a cheaper-yet-superior-in-every-way alternative.

19. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Indeed, its tragic how so much of the later G1 toyline goes completely ignored. The sudden exploration of new toy ideas were somewhat hit and miss, but personally I thought that many of them like the Headmasters (particularly the aforementioned Horrorcons) and the really adventurous ideas like the Mega and Ultra Pretenders were some of the most fascinating toys to ever come out of the Transformers line, but with the obvious exception of Thunderwing, none of them were ever really explored or utilised within the fiction, or reimagined and revisited as toys.

20. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

From one true playa to another, I appreciate the sentiment lol
    But just like Voyager Whirl, Brainstorm offers enough G1 characteristics in color, head sculpt, alt-mode, etc to please the hardcore geewunner. He also offers an updated (in this case IDW MTMTE) look to please those that follow the comic, thru an official release. Weirdwolf would be tight.

Very true