Official Images - Generations Voyager Brainstorm!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think this mold looks really good, but I'm not sure if I'll get it. I'm kinda curious to see who they repaint it as. If they announce a more interesting character for it's repaint I'll definitely wait to get that, but if not I might just get Brainstorm.

2. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

Perhaps an IDW Cyclonus? It wouldn't be 100% accurate with the nose cone and all, but it would still be a decent mold to represent him in voyager form

3. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I believe that they'll be able to get a Highbrow out of the mold.

It would require some Sandstorm level of retooling but the spine of the figure is similar.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That could be interesting. Though I would hope that at least one repaint of this mold would retain the headmaster gimmick. That's a big part of it's charm. Still, Cyclonus would be tempting, even with a perfectly acceptable representation of the character in my collection.

5. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    No doubt the transformation could have been better, they could have made the arms shorten and the legs open up and swallow them making for a sleeker jet mode. It's pretty clear though that they put the budget for this figure into making him a head master and they made the right decision imo.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  6. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Besides the poo-leakage that happen in this thread, I find it awesome that hasbro is making figures of characters that are popular in the comics. Awesome they're continuing to look into that demographic.

We've gotten Skids, Swerve, Tailgate, Whirl (He counts I don't see why not/dont care) Im gonna have a full cast of MTMTE some day :D 

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of you guys have just lost it. This is an excellent toy for $25.

8. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Alas, I have been bested! I shall retreat to my lair and console myself with a goblet of mountain dew. I trust that you shall treat your fair maiden with the utmost respect and dignity. I tip my hat to you.

[​IMG]

Slightly back on topic. Voyager Brainstorm. It was the best thing unveiled at Botcon. The robot mode looks great. The jet mode looks ok and the transformation a bit weak. Despite having a futuristic jet mode (meaning, it can look like friggin anything), it appears to have not satisfactorily integrated the robot bits in to the jet bits and vice versa. However, what a dope-ass headsculpt and we should throw a gosh-dang party to celebrate the return of real Headmasters. Don't really care if the legs are joined up, not a deal-breaker.

In closing, let us all give thanks that this turned out better than the Voyager Optimus.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

More interesting than Brainstorm? Not possible.

I love this especially for a hasbro bot. I want 1 for me and 1 for my sons. I hope they bring out all the headmasters and they all look at least this good.

10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I want Hardhead.

11. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ I think Hardhead was rumored to come out as a deluxe.

12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Case Rested

13. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Has anyone else seen the potential for a Metalhawk repaint from this mold? Or even a FiC style Starscream?both would need to be retools but Hasbro hasn't been above doing that lately.

14. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    lol why all the comparisons to smart robin? isn't that like a $70 toy that's the size of a deluxe? that's why I stayed away from that thing.

a larger voyager for a fraction of the cost that is preeeeetty much the same thing minus a few simplications and a much improved headsculpt is perfectly fine by me.

also I'm sure it's been pointed out but man those hasbro photographers....official pictures now with legs half way off their swivel pegs...is that really where we're at now? holy shit I never thought I'd see this day. it's like they nabbed the first jr. photographer out of highschool they could find for minimum wage. absolutely awful.

15. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    My God does G1 Brainstorm look 80's. That cockpit doesn't look like it'd fare very well against air resistance. Like, at all.

Generations Brainstorm looks like it could actually fly.

16. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    A mate has suggested Misfire as a possible repaint/retool.
    They'd need to re engineer it to have the head fold inside the cockpit at the very least but I could see it working.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    From what I know, the photographers are given a very short amount of time to work with the figures, and most of the time without any instructions or any sort of reference for what it's supposed to look like. These photoshopped pictures are also usually prototypes being shot, and are usually in a static pose.

Cut them some slack.

18. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Why? They photograph toys for a living, it's a fucking cake job. The least they could do is give the figure a good once over before shooting.

19. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Couldn't agree more. Brainstorm looks awesome, and was the best reveal at Botcon. After seeing the official pics my only concern was how the rear of the altmode looked, but this pic on Seibertron alleviated my fears. The feet make serviceable thrusters in alt mode so I'm good.

Also, we finally got a Headmaster in the Classics/ Generations line! Cheer up people!

Now we have updated Targetmasters (Cyclonus, Scoop), Micromasters (Gen Legends partners) and a Headmaster. Give me a Generations Deluxe Powermaster Getaway and I'll be a happy collector :D 

20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You should really give it a chance before you knock it. SmartRobin might be expensive, but he's an amazing piece of engineering and his build quality blows Hasbro out of the water. He's not hollow, he's actually quite dense, even with thin plastic.

And that's fine, but you might just be surprised how much you could like SmartRobin. I used to wince about 3rd party prices, especially in the size of a Deluxe, but I got over that really quick when I realized I finally had a figure I wanted (and it seemed like it was never going to be made) and the quality. FP/MakeToys and MMC are the three companies that will prove people wrong about quality. They're 3rd party items that blow Hasbro's stuff out of the water most times. (Not always, the Hasbro Springer is pretty bad ass.)