Official Images - generations Deluxe Arcee and Chromia!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jun 21, 2014.

1. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    Yes please. Even if you take Windblade and pull a Sandstorm/Chromia, I want a Nautica, Hasbro.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have a feeling that Arcee's mold will be pimped out like crazy just like a Seekers mold.

That would be incredible. Though I'd rather have Nautica be her own mold.

3. agentSAP2006

News Credits:
    Oh, I would too, I'm just being realistic.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Yup, yup, yup!

(honestly I still say that with a bit more remolding you can totally make a Voyager Nautica out of Sandstorm)

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    ^^ I hope if they pimp the Arcee mold out the stay away from the main Auto-femmes...I maen they have the Paradon Medic redeco...they could do Prime Arcee and Omnicron Arcee as entirely new characters...then a Decepti-femme...hopefully...

6. agentSAP2006

News Credits:
    YES! Voyager Nautica would be awesome. I saw a submarine fan-mode for Sanstorm somewhere.

7. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    The remold doesn't bother me at all and truth be told I didn't even realize it was a remold of TFP Arcee until it was point out - the remold is pretty different in my eyes, especially in the alt mode. And even if it was similar to TFP Arcee I have no objections, both the FE and RID molds are fantastic places to start from. :thumb 

8. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'm shaking my head mightily at that suggestion. I want my Nautica to be female.

9. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Hence the remolding.

10. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    I don't think it is a remold, its just a new mold, based on PRID Arcee, since that is how Chromia looks in the book and it is just a case of G2 Smokescreen vs Energon Starscream

11. Noisemaze

Noisemaze Anti-Anti-Aircraft

Arcee seems hampered by over-focus on mimicking the appearance of the G1 movie/show version. The IDW comic bodies were consistently cooler looking and more warriory. Oh well, I'm still going to end up buying like 10 and painting a bunch of different ways. Chromia looks fine, just a bit thinner shoulders than expected.

But why would you want Nautica? She isn't even a cool gossip like Riptide, more a wet blanket.

12. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I don't want my Nautica to be half female, let's put it that way.

13. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    That is considered a retool/remold. Two toys sharing the same basic structure and transformation.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't hate the mold. I just don't think it's a Classics mold at all. if every square inch was remolded to eradicate every trace of the TFP aesthetic I'd say it was Classics. As it stands, it's like that horrible Brawn toy that's FE Bulkhead with a new head.

15. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

The only thing Chromia shares with PRID Arcee is the chest, everything else is altered and has no trace of a TFPrime aesthetic.

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    We're talking about the same mold, right?

So new forearms, a new head, and small boxes on the knees. Totally changes the aesthetic. I'll still be passing on her, but I'll get whatever remold/repaint of the Generations Arcee mold that they want to throw my way.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Seibertron is your best friend. Chromia and PRID Arcee share more than you think.

I don't...mind it, and I think the changes to make Chromia work...but by using PRID Arcee it doesn't make for an IDW accurate Chromia, at least from the backside. Very disappointing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Compare Generations Chromia to the IDW Chromia and you can see very clearly why I'm disappointed.

[​IMG]

18. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hated PRiD Arcee...until I had her in hand. What a fun awesome mold.

I'm def grabbing chroma and G1 Arcee.

Edit: bah, idw this idw that, I really don't care as long as it looks cool and is fun.

19. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok wait wait I refuse to let us go down this rabbit hole.

Is Energon Starscream a retooling of G2 Smokescreen? No. They have extremely similar engineering, but they don't share a single part or piece. That means that the tooling is all-new, which means Energon Starscream is not a retool.

Is Chromia a retooling of the second Prime Arcee figure? Yes. It is a very extensive one as this sort of thing goes, replacing or modifying maybe 30-60% of the tooling. But that chest is clearly the same piece, which means it's using the same tooling (or duplicate tooling, but there's no way to tell and it would sort of defeat the purpose of doing it this way).

Retooling is a way to economize the manufacturing process by re-using parts. Re-using engineering only economizes the creative process of the toy's concept and "mech design."

Well uh, I feel like if they confined most of the inaccuracy to the backside--the one part of the toy that is least likely to ever be displayed--that that's pretty impressive honestly.

I'd be interested in the creative process behind this character/toy. The toy and the character were probably designed concurrently, given the "Dark Cybertron" marketing gimmick. Sometimes there was a bit of gear-grinding--Nightbeat was never re-designed to match the Bumblebee mold, and Jhiaxus ends up looking TOO MUCH like the Armada Starscream mold, as the artists did not know the extent of the retooling. Nevertheless, as a "new" character to the IDW-verse, I'm pretty sure this was always the way that Chromia was gonna be, leaving the artist with the choice of total toy-accuracy in the art or taking some license.

This actually does explain to me why the IDW Chromia design looked so Prime-ish to me from the get-go.

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Impressive if it were true, but a side by side look at the figure shows that it isn't even near accurate. It still just looks like a remold of PRID Arcee. An utter shame.