Official Images - generations Deluxe Arcee and Chromia!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jun 21, 2014.

1. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it may seem like that at first glance - BUT - remember this version you will see in Walmart, Target, and TRU at by the end of the year (I HOPE:rolleyes2 ) AND at a 1/4 the cost (MMC's Azalea is, what, 60-70 bucks and that's before shipping(?) while that Hasbro Deluxe will widely available for a fraction ($15) of MMC's price) - and this is coming from some who likes mech-looking transformers.

Part of me still thinks, nope, make that HOPES - that the shell/backpack is mistransformed

2. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in love and sold! Man Arcee looks like she just came straight out of the 1986 movie, just look at those curves! That backpack is huge though, but someone did mention it was mistransformed? Of course I'll wait for some in hand looks and regular non-photoshopped pictures first but yeah i'm sold.

Chromia is awesome too, if someone didn't mention it, i wouldn't even have known it was a retooling for the TF Prime Arcee. I could barely tell. It was only after looking at it very closely did i realise that the torso and legs were from the old mold. Good job Hasbro!

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    The figure in the botcon display stand has the "buttflap" folded up further inside the backpack than what we see in the official Hasbro promo pic. Never ever judge molds based on the official pictures, sadly their photo team sucks ass!

That said she DOES have a backpack but I don't find it terrible by any means. Also why are some people still claiming that Chromia isn't an (admittedly super impressive and massive) retool of Prime Arcee? It's not like it's shameful to be a retool, just ask Sandstorm...

4. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love chromias color scheme , it's a good close match to the g1 cartoon

5. Grimlock4523

Grimlock4523 Me Grimlock, KING!!!

Arcee done right

6. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No one is claiming she isn't a retool, they're using it as an excuse to hate the figure they're probably gonna buy anyways.

Just wait until optibotimus, or peaugh gives it a shining review and people will buy it.;) 

I already know that she great and am getting her and Arcee.:D 

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

BBTS. 2-pack of her and Chromia. It got pushed back, but it's still showing on my pre-order list.

8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did the same thing at TF source, but I want to up my order, Im ordering 10 of each to give away to my daughter and niece and someday grandchildren LOL

9. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Hasbro did great on these two. I repeat that when they get to Moonracer, Firestar, Greenlight, and Elita-1 we can only hope they get the same attention.

10. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:

I would think you could remold Chromia or Arcee into a red Elita-One

Anybody wanna try a crack at Photoshoping Arcee or Chromia into Elita-One?

11. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    Actually i find it over used and over powering against the rest of her palet.

12. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are these still coming with the comic books? That Arcee looks pretty nice (and I do like the lightcycle vibe of Chromia's alternate mode), but it will depend on if they come with a cool comic/ nice cover artwork. (These comics are pulling me into figures I'd otherwise skip. :lol )

13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I'd love some side by sides of Chromia and the Arcee mold she's supposed to be remolded from. That right there will bar her from my collection.

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why?

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I didn't even realize Chromia was PRID Arcee until I read someone pointing it out... crazy how good a job they did making her look very non-Prime-ish. There's still some of it there, but it's not overbearing. I really like it.

I really like Arcee, but I'm not as thrilled about it as I wanted to be. I'm super into the IDW designs right now, though, so I think that's it.

16. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree----^ they did a great job in reusing the RID Arcee mold, but not making it overly obvious. And when you add in the BH Arcee and Flamewar iterations which even further extends the mold, I'd say Hasbro has more than gotten their mileage out of it. :D 

17. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    So! Now that these gals have been visually reviewed, what repaints or remolds should we get out of these two? Plenty of fembots to choose from. And even some manbots we can convert to fembots(rule63 ftw), like Afterburner. Though some fembots just wouldn't work, like Stryka, who IMO needs her own mold, and Slipstream, who is probably more suited to be a remold of Windblade.

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Why do I want to see it? Because that would make it a TFP toy, which I don't collect. The face already looks too TFP for me, but then again I thought FOC Magnus did from photos as well. I was wrong about him, and am curious if I'll be wrong about Chromia. Right now, it looks like a VERY TFP face.

19. shellformer

shellformer @

It can't be a TFP face, she clearly has a nose.

20. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somebody posted a comparison in this thread. Page 9 for me, but I have my posts per page set to max, so it might be different for you.

Wondering why you need the comparison to make the decision, though. Do you like or not like the way that Chromia figure looks? If you don't collect Prime figures more win to you, because that means you don't associate the parts they left unchanged with an old mold. :) 

All the bits they retooled make the figure a bit blockier, so combined with the more rounded, Prime-style parts they left unchanged you pretty much end up with a style that's sort of 'IDW', like a lot of recent Generations figures have.