Official Images - AOE Platinum Edition Sets

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  2. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks better when it's darker.

[​IMG]

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    ...Uh, still no. The stripe on the cab should be that color, but it also would be lighter then the rest of the actual cab.

I can't see any stripe whatsoever.

I mean take a look at one of the prop trucks in bright daylight
    [​IMG]
    See how the stripe is clearly visible and brighter than the darker parts of the truck? Let's look at it in the dark, too
    [​IMG]
    Even when it's in shadow, that stripe is clearly brighter than the truck's main brownish color. So, therefore, the fact Hasbro's base color for the cab matches the stripe more than the actual cab itself, that's the wrong color. At least on Takara's, the cab and the stripe are still clearly two different colors.

4. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I think both Hasbro's and Takara's Rusty OPs are pretty cool in their own special ways.

I'll buy both.

5. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I think Takara has the better paint apps, but Hasbro has the better plastic color.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They're both more or less samey to me, but I'd go with the Hasbro version because it'll be easier to get a hold of. :lol 

7. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn Hasbro why??? Aargh to think i already have a full set of autobots. These are nicely repainted for sure but i simply cannot justify buying them all over again.

That leader Grimlock looks damn awesome. Now i haven't bought leader Grimlock yet but..... if i wait i'll still get stuck with ANOTHER leader prime. Thanks but no thanks.

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    It's funny how some of you are going back and forth between which evasion op is most movie accurate. Depending on lighting and scene, both are more accurate but it's all relative to lighting there isn't a definitive movie accurate evasion movie op.

I think the Takara rusty one looks cool. I think the fact that the Hasbro 3 pack is based on the trailers is freaking awesome. Is it $59.99 awesome(that's how much the set is listed for in TRU computers)? That I don't know.

Either way your paying similar prices but getting 2 extra figures with the Hasbro version.

At the end of the day I wouldn't give a damn about either as much had the Autobots united one been the single packed released in wave 1 the whole time. That's the one I personally think is best regardless of movie inaccuracy. It's obvious it was a nod to fans I'm just mad it had to be in a multipack instead of a single release. Oh well. I'm going to use multiple evasion Optimi when it's all said and done.

I LOVE the dark blue that the leader 2 pack Optimus has, that's the dark blue from movie 1. Lesson for me learned from Botcon reveals? When it comes to movie toys, don't buy wave 1 stuff. :( 

....because better repaints come later. Glad I didn't buy leader Grimlock and optimus yet

9. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Is there a price listing for the 5 pack?

10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    The placard at Botcon said "TBD" for both price and retailer. Target has a exclusive set listed for $49.99 but no one is sure if it's the Autobots United set.

11. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

So is the Leader Optimus Prime in the set with leader Grimlock suppose to be made of translucent plastic? The one on the display doesn't look translucent.

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    So... Does Crosshairs have the pattern on both sides?

13. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    The stock photos say yes, and you can juuuust make out the black stripes on the other side of Crosshairs's trenchcoat (the side that always lacked the pattern) in the case pictures. So it's a probable yes.

14. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely getting the Autobots United set

15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Initially probably but the one on display might be closer to what we will actually get

16. Primacronus

Primacronus Clean-Up Crew

News Credits:
    The person at the Hasbro panel said yes.

17. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Seems like they might want to tell fans about sets like these in advance rather than let them buy and return a bunch of stuff to have superior versions that are going to obviously be the ones they want (depending on price). I'm sure sometimes I don't wonder why we see things like Prime RiD Arcee in a Prime Dreadwing box. This is something new over the last few years - rereleasing toys in a better version shortly after the initial release to try to capture two sales. Pretty disrespectful to your collector base which supports you year in and year out.

18. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So deluded. It's obvious to all posters here that you pair are just merely cheap and want an optimus that's not accurate because it's cheaper. It'd be cool if it was left at that but claiming the hasbro is more accurate than takara is laughable. But you're just wrong as the takara is far more accurate.

It doesn't bother me what people spend their money on but don't claim something that's cheaper and easily available and is less screen accurate like the hasbro is superior to the accurate higher priced takara, that's just nonsense and sad for you pair.

19. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anybody know if there's a pricing yet for the Breakout pack?

20. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't give a filth-flarrin'-filth what anyone says about Takara's Evasion Mode Optimus Prime. To me, that is the more accurate one, and I don't like that the Hasbro one is going to be in a multi-pack anyway because I don't want any of the others. So, to me, it's Takara FTW.