Official Images - AOE Platinum Edition Sets

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Jun 21, 2014.

1. GRIMLOCK AOE

GRIMLOCK AOE Banned

What the hell is with Grimlock's colors?! So far we have no movie accurate redeco of Grimlock. The takara one is the closest we'll get though.

2. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Would like the Worlds Collide set, please.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. Actually this one is. It has green and brown to represent the rust and moss on his CGI model.

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks for the info.

I really, really don't see the 5 pack going for $50 though.

If it's a TRU exclusive, it'll likely follow a Voyager-$25 and Deluxe-$15 scheme (going by their other AOE exclusives so far), for a total of $95.

If it's Target, perhaps a 20-10 (as with the recent Grimlock/Optimus 2-pack), for a total of $70.

So somewhere from $70-100, but definitely not $50. That listing has got to be for something else. And as IgnikaMarcus I believe pointed out some pages back, ToysRus tends to get the "Platinum" sets, whether or not there is an official deal with Hasbro for that (I don't believe the Optimus/Grimlock Target set is a Platinum release?). So if that continues, then a roughly $100 is more likely than the lower end of 70.

4. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

wow they are gonna make me buy the evasion mode a 4th time?

so far takara, hasbro, rusty takara on preorder....now this 3 pack hasbro rusty (whcih looks just as good but differnt)...and i'm not even buy the platinum version or the evolution pack...6 versions of this thing. its is by far my favorite movie voyager optimus ever though....i'm not ven a movie toys guy!!!

also the transparent leader glass optimus looks pretty awesome. and the black redeco of leader grimlock may have me second guessing the idea of going with takara black knight grimlock. so far these AOE toys are much better than the dotm toys (i think the voyager megatron is the lone good mold...sentinel is ok in leader and voyager but ...just okP

5. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Would like the Worlds Collide set, please.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why Takara's "Rusty Magnus"?

6. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anyone only wants the Translucent Leader OP send me a PM because I only want the Grimlock repaint and would be willing to go halfsies with someone....

7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    do we know the price for it? if it's cheap enough i'd bite

8. Hound711

Hound711 Moon Base One

Yeah, I don't think the Prime will be translucent. I've seen photos on a few other sites that show a dark blue mixed with chrome...it looks pretty good in my opinion.

I'm loving a lot of these new figures, but I feel a bit ripped off by the "platinum editions" at this point...not sure if I'm the only one. I finally bought a movie leader prime, the AOE one. I feel like I just wasted $45 dollars because now I like the platinum one so much more. And who knows, maybe the new one with the trailer will be even better once that comes out. How are we supposed to know WHEN to buy? This makes me not want to buy figures right away anymore, fearing there MAY be a better version coming down the road. They should be selling the very best versions of their figures everywhere individually, not as a boxed exclusive.

Leader Grimlock should have been all grey right from the start, not orange/brown. The Grimlock toy that resembles the movie Grimlock is only an exclusive boxed with another figure? Imagine this for a minute: Hasbro releases an Episode 7 ORANGE/BROWN C-3P0 everywhere, and only makes the gold version a Toys R US exclusive. Star Wars fans (myself included) would go insane. Isn't this essentially what Hasbro is doing with the Transformers movie toys?

9. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    I just want to see deluxe stinger!!!!!! :cry 
    He's shaping up to be my favorite character from this movie.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would totally be in for that 5-pack if they hadn't tricked me into buying both Voyagers already.

...though if it's only $50 that might be an unbeatable deal anyway.

11. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Rollbar looks pretty sweet.

12. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm glad I held off on getting Crosshairs. Looking forward to that Autobots United set even though I already of Evasion OP. Also I might end up with three of the Evasion OP molds as the Breakout Battle set is also very appealing.

13. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    Oh please be $50, I really want that set

14. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I'm getting Breakout Battle (aka Farmageddon). But I have don't have any interest in the Vehicon.

You're all welcome to pm if you want to take this dude off my hands.

15. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    i hope any of my american friends here on the boards can help me out getting the Breakout battle set when it's in retail

don't think it will be in retail anywhere else besides the USA

16. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can sort of see why they've put the G1 decoed Optimus in the 5-pack, but with the others getting more screen accurate paint jobs (I'm going Bumblebee's care mode actually gets his rear spoiler and the sections behind his windows painted black instead of just left yellow as they are in the stock pics and the figure on display for the regular deluxe) I'd kind of prefer 'Scrapyard' Optimus to be in that set instead. Not sure I'll want too get both of them as I'm not really fussed on the two repaints in the Breakout Battle pack, especially as the rally car could've easily had a new mould seeing as they've made one for the 1-step...

17. editnis

editnis Well-Known Member

really hope takara get that set too, and hope they didn't forget the black part of crosshair chest; it is needed.

18. SenatorRatbat

SenatorRatbat Well-Known Member

The 5 pack looks really nice. Good to see we're getting an evasion Optimus with a faceplate and a nice deco.

19. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Looks like I'm still getting my rusty, bullet-hole covered Evasion Prime from Takara. Just couldn't match the paint job, could you HasBLO? Thank you very little.

20. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually colour-wise, the Hasbro one is a lot closer:

37.jpg Breakout-Battle-optimus-truck_1403382885.jpg Rusty-Prime-2.jpg

Plus they made his helmet a darker colour to kind of make it look like the faded, washed-out blue.