Official IDW Overlord?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HighbrowLowbrow, Nov 5, 2016.

1. HighbrowLowbrow

HighbrowLowbrow Leakin' Lubricant

Do you think we'll ever get an official IDW Overlord figure or an Overlord in general? Really want Mastermind Creations Carnifex but I don't really want to pay that much. If we ever get one do you think it will be as tall as Carnifex and how do you think it will be released? reduced-image_11750_106.jpg

2. Field94

Field94 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So, rocks and those that live under them excluded, the general consensus is that the Sky Shadow shown at Cybertron-Con will get redone as a G1 styled Titans Return Overlord at just the normal Leader Class size.

If you like the look of Carnifex, I can GUARANTEE you the IDW ship has sailed on official product. Design queues here and there will show up, but if you want an official product that is as spot on as Carnifex, you WILL be disappointed.

• Like Like x 3
  3. grindcore138

grindcore138 草

News Credits:
    There's a Leader Overlord coming up in Titans Return. He was officially teased at Botcon earlier this year, and the Sky Shadow that was revealed a little while back is his obvious pretool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Whether Overlord will get an IDW influenced face-sculpt we don't know yet, but some people are hoping he comes with two Titan Masters based on Giga and Mega, one with his maniacal IDW face and the other based on his Masterforce appearance.

4. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

I'm wondering if there'll also be a Thunderwing retool. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Dude, this figure is a fucking beast! He is well worth the money. Myself and many others think he is in the running as a figure of the year. And yes, Hasbro is making Overlord. It won't be like this and will be a headmaster. It will be cheaper in price.

6. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in the "he has two optional heads" camp. (Or at least hoping he does)

Because sweet mercy his IDW head looks awful.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  7. HighbrowLowbrow

HighbrowLowbrow Leakin' Lubricant

Oh crap completely forgot about him! Still kinda uncertain about how he will turn out and a Thunderwing retool would be really cool too.

Yeah he is really nice. I'm just not willing to drop around 200 on a single figure but if the official Overlord doesn't turn out well I may consider it lol

I think the original head is pretty good and I would like the two head thing too but his IDW head really has a lot of character and I would really like a big evil grinning one

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's a safe bet that he'll have IDW elements to his design similar to how CW Ultra Magnus and TR Chromedome both have IDW influences to their design so I wouldn't worry about it.

That said I do hope we'll see an IDW Star Saber retool out of the mold. IDW Star Saber's design's similar enough to how TR Sky Shadow looks that it can work enough.

9. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Waiting for bite in sales thread.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since TFFanPage on Youtube mentioned it, I want to see a MW Starscream from this mold.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, looking at Skyshadow again... I would love to see him slightly retooled as Energon Megatron. The head already works, and the tank is even there!

11. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    The official overlord will almost positively be a blend of idw and G1/Masterforce. we already know it will have a base mode (G1)

The only overlord out there that is what you're looking for (a figure completely IDW overlord) is the iron factory evil lord. carnifex has a close resemblence to idw overlord in robot (but with many artistic liberties) mode and a bit of tank mode but everything else is cassy sark design.

12. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    I would LOVE that. As much as I wanted them both I was really not that confident either Overlord or Star Saber would show up in Titans Return. I really thought it'd be more likely we'd get a leader class Scorponok. Yeah, i know he's been mooted as Titan Class figure further down the line but honestly, how weird is Titans Rteurn gonna look if we don't get one of the most prominent '87 Headmasters?

13. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck nā€™ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now you mention it, Skyquake would make a lot of sense, especially since it would finally give meaning to his name.

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I hope they'll do some heavy remolding for leader OverLord, because I'm not quite feeling this Sky Shadow.

The sculpt just feels less refined than that of his leader class peers such as Pmop and Sixshot.

15. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that siluette up there shows that like, the entire jet will be different, so I suspect it'll at least look different.