Official High Resolution Transformers Mech Tech Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fort Max, Feb 12, 2011.

1. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    why ironhide cant have huge gun and put in under his alt mode like his 2006 movie. i want his f* B.I.G!

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While I don't like Ironhide's puny guns, I really like the fact that it looks like they can be hidden away even in bot-mode. That way, while he doesn't have his BFG's, he sorta looks like he's lost them in the course of battle, and has resorted to hand-to-hand combat (the knife he's borrowing from Dundee helps that a bit).

3. bozz

bozz Active Member

This looks like a buy. First one for me so far in the DOTM line...

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Toy Fair - Better look at Jolt and Sideswipe

The credit goes to Seibertron.com. I'm only posting this because it hasn't been discussed anywhere else. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers Dark Of The Moon "Mech Tech" Toy Line

Jolt is shown in robot mode and looks a lot better. His robot mode looks very accurate to the movie save the colour scheme. Sideswipe is also shown though mistransformed and now we know that he has his blades. He seems to retain the "toes" to help it stand.

EDIT: I can't post it as an attatchment so here's the link to the actual picture in their gallery.

Dark of the Moon "Mech Tech" Photo Gallery - Jolt

http://www.seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?event_id=159&size=1&image=18 - Jolt close-up

http://www.seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?event_id=159&size=1&image=16 - Sideswipe

5. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    no pics?

6. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

It looks decent but the wheels on the arms/legs turn me off. It should be hidden.

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The more I see of Jolt, the more I like him! Amazing what kind of difference properly transformed pics can make. Sideswipe is looking a bit better here as well, even if his legs are turned around, though how did they manage do that when the figure has no waist articulation...? Still, I'm glad to see that his hood does fold up nicely on his back, which only leaves the kibble on the feet and the drab colorscheme as it's major downsides. It's still not as good as Sidearm Sideswipe, but for those who'd rather have him with swords, this is a definite improvement over the first figure.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Jolt's face is all kinds of cute.

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    True, but those figure came out after the movie these one are coming out before the movie.

10. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    will def. paint him metallic blue.....

11. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

Having seen how jolt looks now, I think I might have to pick him up. Its just a shame they didn't give him his ROTF colours, which would have made him even more awesome.
    Sideswipe is very dissapointing, looks like my ROTF sideswipe won't have to fear getting replaced.

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which one? :lol , butt seriously, I was hoping that we'd of gotten a version of him that was closer to screen accurate, but the original molds does it better for the rotf version.

13. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I think His leg wheels do recess more into his legs - the official photos are usually a bit mistransformed.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Ultimate Prime himself looks better and better. It seems like the bits on the sides of his legs were incorrectly left there in the 2 sets of stock photos we've seen, so Prime is supposed to retain leg articulation.

Meaning the leg armour are like boots, not stilts. That pleases me immensely.

15. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Is it just me or did the new pics of the Ultimate Optimus take what the fandom said, and told them to eat their words?

He looks really cool now. I might be tempted to get him, especially since I want a trailer Prime. And the HA stuff...bought.

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Even better is that he does have elbow articulation. You can see in some of the pics that he remains normal elbow articulation as well as having a bigger, sturdier one connecting the gauntlet and shoulder together. So you won't be left with arms that can just move up and down or elbows that will flop over the time because of the weight.

The design is still a bit clunky, but he's most definitely a much better designed and thought out toy then Devastator was.

17. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's the problem. Johnson's car (48) is the 2009/early-2010 spoiler. Jr's car (88) is the current spoiler in Nascar. However, on screen both had the 'wing' as shown on the 48. So basically they can't even get the toys right.

18. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's just you. His arms look like shit. His torso is too long and skinny. Prime's chest should be bulkier.

19. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    Or just have a truck bed cover like the voyager that can conceal the cannons inside.

20. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Wouldn't be much fun, cause he couldn't walk then, you know, cause the cannons would be where his legs go.