Official Hasbro Fan Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Feb 28, 2016.

1. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

Hasbro TF QC sucks, and their customer service is no better. I've always collected Takara for the better build quality and better paint apps. That being said I do love their Star Wars Black series line, those are great.

2. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Not really the best entry for a thread that's obviously not intended for you...the old adage of if you've got nothing to say applies here.

Feel free to start another thread on the worn-out topic of "whose QC is better?" and enjoy the whole ten posts from noobs who obviously haven't done their research. It's a dead horse. This thread is for fans of Hasbro TFs. If that ain't you, no need to show up and moon everyone.

3. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is an appreciation thread. Please keep it positive :) 

4. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    All Hasbro Transformers are produced in factories owned by Takara. Direct your QC complaints to them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    There has always got to be somebody that doesn't read or ignored the first post in a thread. Usually me.

Anyhow, goes without saying I love Hasbro toys, the G1 stuff I loved when I was a kid started it, but I never stopped appreciating the designs, engineering and cool characters released over the years.
    Thank to the Internet and fans I've greatly enjoyed learning more about the history of Hasbro, diaclone, Tamara and Transformers.

My later Hasbro purchases were more cw limbs, rid quillfire and Megatron's from stores, and in the mail is a second hand loose Primus that should turn up next week to display with my Unicron.

My two favourite Hasbro releases are g1 metroplex and scorponok, both of which I picked up last year to own for the first time. Oh and my other all time favourite is monster of doublecross and G1 blaster and sound wave - I've had those ones for over 20 years.

When I was a kid I desperately wanted to own a gestalt, but never had one, just random combaticons and constructions, but only half of them loose with no combiner bits.

Now to own around 5 or so complete cw gestalts is awesome, and has also gotten me into combiners from other toy lines and companies like the tobots, carbots, biklonz etc.

The toy that kicked off my year long buying frenzy was cw Megatron, I saw that beautiful head sculpt and knew thee was no way I was walking out of target without buying it.
    Since then I've been focusing on big bots, leader class figures and combiners, and anything related to Grimlock.

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I only collect what Hasbro releases as thats usually what I can afford. I think CWs was the most fun I had with a line and I'm still getting some through Fun Pub's 4.0 Subscription Service. Heck its because of CW that I finally have a Hound, Ironhide, Sunstreaker, Smokescreen & Mirage in my Classics shelf that I started back in 2010. I mean sure at some point I will get that United 3pack of Ironhide, Mirage, & Hound while also hunting down a Henkei Smokescreen & Universe 08 Sunstreaker but I won't get rid of there fun CW counterparts. And also because I am so dedicated to Classics, both my G1 & my Masterpiece thanks to how much is put into them by Hasbro. Titans Return being their most recent and best example. Speaking of which, I am really excited to hunt down some Titans Return tomorrow too since I'll be out of town (where I live I have one shitty Walmart that doesn't stock deluxes or voyagers). Titans Return will probably be one of those lines I get every deluxe and voyager as well as most legends and leaders just like CW. I finally will have a Soundwave, Blaster, Alpha Trion, etc for my Classics shelf. Could careless if some were not headmasters at first because I finally get the character! But the actual Headmasters are the best.

7. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    I own a single taktom product and honestly it was a waste of money :lol 

UW Defensor, bought him for Groove but now i wish i got the Hasbro set....

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    There's a thank you HASBRO thread that reminded me of this thread.
    Gonna bump it with some TR happiness.

Yeah, there's some figures that shouldn't be headmasters, but it's not the end of the world nor are they deal breakers.

So far I have really been enjoying Blurr and Scourge; but now I have Chromedome and I am happy to have a nice version of the character I've wanted it since childhood.

9. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

It's kinda hard to appreciate much from Hasbro THESE DAYS but I appreciate plenty of the good ol stuff. ROTF, HA are some of my favorite lines, with HA Jazz and ROTF Prime being some of my fan favorites, I'd love for them to go back to that.

10. Riddler87

Riddler87 semi-retired transformers collector

I'm always find of irritating when reviews say something like "I'm sure the Takara version will be better" when we haven't even seen the Takara version yet. Sorry that's just something that bugs me.

Anyway I usually find myself on Hasbro's side a lot of the time and I think that the figures that they have been putting out recently have been pretty good to great. Now I'll admit during Prime and the Thrilling 30 line I found a lot of the figures left a lot to be desired. I just felt like they were a little over engineered and sometimes the figure would suffer for it. So when I got laid off I sold a lot of the figures to help pay bills and honestly I thought I was done with collecting after that.

Combiner Wars is what got me back into collecting big time I loved the line that has continued into Titans Return although I will not be getting as much from that line. Combiners are my favorite gimmick and I feel like I got four really good combiners as well as great legends and leaders to help bulk out my dwindling collecting. Plus really good figures of three of my favorite Decepticons: Dead End, Swindle and Shockwave. I've been happy with Titans return so far and I like the head switching more then I thought I would and they are going to help me fill out the deluxe row on my self when I have the combiners well combined. Hell I'm even looking forward to Kickback I all three Insecticons. So yeah I've been happy with the Prime Wars so far and I'm am much happier with these figures then I was with the ones I sold off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

For me, as a life-long TF fan (though only a collector for a couple of years) I am loving the stuff I'm getting from Hasbro. I've bought a couple Takara figures here and there, but unless it is never coming out over here or the Hasbro version is just terrible, I'd rather save the extra cost and add paint apps myself. More recently, though it's not TF, I've started collecting some of the Marvel Legends figures. Awesome stuff!

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Paint apps are one thing but QC differences? Please don't make me laugh.

They are built in the same factories with the same molds by the same workers. Facts.

13. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    I wish this thread was the HAS-BRO's thread. Not to exclude anybody, just like the sound of it.
    It's like a team name.

14. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Pulling this thread up because bellpeppers linked it recently.

Hasbro gets way too much shit for what they do. Without them, nothing we love about Transformers would be here. I'll support them as long as I can, no 3P for me. :D 

I think this fandom in particular feels too entitled a lot. Hasbro does not owe us perfect versions of every character from G1- be happy with what we get!

• Like Like x 4
  15. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I feel ya there. i dont mind the non-headmaster guys being in the line, but i'd like to have confirmation that we are getting all of the actual headmaster guys first. we still dont have Snapdragon, Minerva, or Hosehead, or proper versions of Siren, Nightbeat, Apeface, Fangry, Horri-Bull or Squeezeplay

16. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    There are rumors we might be getting a deluxe Nightbeat & Voyager Apeface and Snapdragon. I'm hoping that if we do get a deluxe Nightbeat he is repainted into Minerva, Siren, & heck even Goshooter.

I'm not going to lie I still am pissed that they only made Siren, Nightbeat, Apeface, Flywheels, Grimlock, Swoop, Overkill, Fangry, Squeezeplay, and Horri-Bull's heads instead of doing proper updates. The rumors of Ramhorn & Hosehead joining them is also disappointing. And while I'd love to have them in the deluxe or bigger size class I can't help but love even the non headmasters they've made so far like Astrotrain, Getaway, Hot Rod, & Blurr and I'm excited for the next batch with Broadside, Krok, & Perceptor to name a few.

Oh well, hopefully they receive the CHUG update in Power of the Primes or a later lineup.

17. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    The only reason I'm back into Transformers is how amazing Titans Return has been. I noped out in 2010ish because I just felt like the toyline just wasn't going to steer my direction again and I was more-or-less correct. (And I'm not going to be the guy who hangs around in forums saying only negative crap all the time.) If it wasn't for the combination of the guy at the LCS telling me that they were bringing back Powermaster Prime in the new toyline and me seeing it months later in Amazon's suggested items, I would still be blissfully unaware of what I was missing.

Luckily I got back into TF the week G2 Menasor and Superions were showing up at discount stores and while the deluxes were still 10 bucks. I've amassed an absurd amount of Hasbro branded plastic in the last 3 months. I haven't felt like I've gotten a bad figure yet. Biggest negative I've experienced so far was the lack of a weapon for Fort Max.

Lots of hate in our fandom, some justified some crazy, but I still love the toys Hasbro puts out.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

My collection is almost all Hasbro except for a few KOs. I have a few issues but mostly give them props for keeping the toyline going. I can't wait to see what's coming out for the movie and what's coming out after TR.

• Like Like x 1