Official Gamestop New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by all are dead, Jul 21, 2020.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Several have already posted that they got Sharkticons. I'm one of those.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SideswipeRight

SideswipeRight Well-Known Member

I just got a notice that Sandstorm has shipped so hopefully those waiting will also get your tracking number sometime today.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Evac

Evac decepticons era

News Credits:
    mine should be here today or tomorrow
    Screenshot 2021-09-01 081507.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This was the final straw. At first, I figured "Eh, I have nothing to lose just letting it sit there a few more days." and then this email came in this morning and I was livid. (Mind you, I didn't contact them since my last phone call days and days ago. No. They apparently realized they screwed up and felt the need to contact me and try and save face. Just really ground my gears to scrapmetal. I ain't happy.

To which I responded with:

So, either they flat out lied to me when they said it was ready to go, or they ripped the label off and sent it to someone else. (That's more likely. I'll explain why in a moment.) This is abysmal customer service.

I wasn't lying when I said I had multiple orders with them and only was successfully completed. Gigawatt, all those months and months ago (a year, now? I think...) was the only one to come to fruition. Cyclonus? Lost in the USPS system because of COVID/Cleveland backups and GameStop using the wrong shipping method. (I had paid for express. I wanted to see how it worked and they ended up using the free shipping method, anyway. The lowest of totem pole garbage method.) Wave 3 Deluxes? "We have 'em in stock! Oh, wait. No we don't!" and I've either received a refund in full or outright canceled before they could charge my card.

Problem is, with this order of Gnaw, they did indeed charge my card (which I forgot to mention in the email due to being so, so angry.)

Now, as to why I think they sent it to someone else... It can take upwards of 3 weeks for FedEx (and pretty much all shipping carriers, really) for a refund. My guess is they wanted their money back rather than spend out of pocket on a maybe and lose money while waiting, so they slapped a new label on it for someone else. When they get their money back from FedEx to put towards a new label, they'll magically have more Gnaws in stock and I'll finally (if ever) get mine.

That's not how you do business, at all. And they can't say it was a preorder, he was clearly in stock. For days. I ordered him right in the middle of it being in stock and several people confirmed he was ready to go. WTF would you charge my card if you don't actually have him in stock?

I'm so sick and tired of them and I'm done. It's my fault, in the end, because I was dumb enough to give them yet another chance after all those burns and figured "eh, why not?" So, I'll take that lump, I'll own my mistake. I learned from it, I won't be doing business with them again. I'm so sick and tired of this. They're awful.

Oh, and no response to my email. Guess there's nothing to say when I have 'em dead to rights.

• Like Like x 1
  5. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got Transmutate delivered. So, all my orders via GS were fulfilled. Only one that didn't was the first order I placed - which was Sky Lynx.

6. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I wonder if it's location-based to some degree. I noticed people in some areas tend to get their orders fulfilled more often than others. Here, in NEOH, I'll see locals talk about how their order was canceled (either online or in-store) and I thought maybe it was a fluke or two, but it's clearly not. I know my previous orders were to ship out of TN, but I've heard people say theirs shipped out of TX, and so on. I'm wondering if it's a TN problem.

This is all a guess and I could be wrong and they're just truly inept at what they do, but it really doesn't look good on their part to charge my card and not send me the item I paid for... Adding insult to injury, I received an email the other day saying "Your order is getting ready to ship!" which is just so haha I forgot to laugh.

To anyone else who's gotten burned by GS and their practices, I know how you feel. I'm sorry, it sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SideswipeRight

SideswipeRight Well-Known Member

That sucks if Gamestop isn't shipping out in the order than people purchased but rather to those closest to their warehouses. That's not the way things should be done and I'd be upset too if I was charged for something they're now saying they don't have in stock.

8. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

My orders were shipped out from TX to NC.

9. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    They actually responded. I kind of have to give 'em credit for even bothering. On the other hand, they want that sweet green, so of course they will. Here's what I got now:

And here was my response...

Perhaps they should just stick to video games and digital downloads and DLC and all that. I'm used to this with Walmart and Target but at least they don't charge your card for him... Same with Amazon. (There might be a day or two delay between the charge and shipping, but it still works out in the end.)

10. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you so mad, just call your credit card and do a charge back. Then buy it somewhere else.

On a side note, my Gnaw is stuck in awaiting stock. My Black Rorichi has shipped. Both were marked in stock when I ordered. I'm good waiting on Gnaw. Have other stuff coming to mess with. But that doesn't mean I'll wait forever.

11. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ordered Slag, 2 Gnaw's and Galvatron. got everything except Galvatron. it's awaiting stock or some sh*t. probably won't ever see it. gonna keep my preorder with Pulse just in case.

12. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did have success in routing my Slag to a pickup location (Walgreens) and while it arrived today (3 days later than if it just went to my *wrong* address), it did arrive.

And for information sake, the Walgreens worker asked to see my ID, which has my current address on it, not the address the box was shipped to, and they didn't say anything. Just had me sign the PDA thing to verify I picked it up.

So if they do actually ship it to a wrong address, you can try having it held at a Walgreens near you. They seem like they'd be a bit more lax about that stuff as long as the name matches, but YMMV.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Well, of course, I'm mad, man. I was minding my own business when they emailed me out of nowhere trying to apologize for their mistake. It just rubbed me the wrong way, man. I get it, I'll take care of this, I'm just feeling salt's being rubbed in the wound on their part.

Awesome! Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  14. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I highly doubt he’ll need to. Like. Highly doubt.

Give it 3-5 business days and the charge will be off your CC.

15. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because no email would have been better?

16. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

I've read everything said, and believe me I wanted to choke someone at times at GS (I've spent THREE DAYS worth of time on the phone with them about ordered screwups), and I have to say, at this very moment...Target is actually worse.

That wasn't true initially, but despite repeated delay approvals, I've had more orders cancelled with them than with GS. It pains me to defend GS, but right now Target is far less trustworthy, and far more willing to cancel an order without any warning or indication.

17. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that's the case.

Honestly? Yes. I already knew they didn't have it in stock and I'd have to wait or cancel. To have them come and tell me a lie and basically say they never had it in stock for me, to begin with, while three other CSMs confirmed it was packed, labeled, and waiting to be picked up by FedEx really pisses me off. If they didn't have it ready to go, why tell me that? If they did have it ready to go, then that means they pulled the shipping label off of mine and sold it to someone else. Why would I want to have someone come to me and tell me all that?

I know, I know. You'll disagree with me and come back with some kind of "You're being childish" putdown or somesuch. Save us both the time and I'll just nod and we can go out separate ways.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Radioguy

Oh, and my Sandstorm has shipped.

WHEW.

19. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Oh, absolutely Target sucks. BUT in fairness to them, I can sometimes go to the store and pick the item up and cancel the order online, or I just don't get it and they don't charge my card. Target never lied to me and said "Yup, it's all yours and getting ready to leave now" and charged my card when it wasn't true. GameStop on the other hand, did exactly that.

Sorry, I'm going to have to give GameStop the L on this one and say Target's still a better experience. Yeah, they'll cancel on you, no doubt, but they won't charge you and leave your money in limbo only to have you hear "Oh nope, we didn't have yours."

At the very least, Target would reverse the charges if that happened. GameStop hasn't even offered that option to me.

20. Radioguy

I'm surrounded by around 30 Targets, and I'm telling you now availability sucks. If you have had that experience, even repeatedly, you are one of the lucky exceptions. That's not the rule.

Ok. Here's what Target will do...(let me grab a drink and lean back while typing this)...

When you are shopping at a Target, and self-checking out and during a random product scan something scans twice, and a rep scurries over to help you, but walks you over to a register because it can't be resolved elsewhere, yet doesn't end your transaction and lets the following person check out on your RedCard, so when you report the extra transaction, and Target asks you if you want to cancel the card as if it were stolen, and when you decline as it wasn't, and they do anyway and secretly kill all your preorders on that card, because, for no sensible reason, they can't update the card on the orders, and the RedCard department doesn't tell the online department this happened, so when emails come at shipping fulfillment time triggered by some vague nonpayment issue saying they will be cancelled, but all the highest supervisors in online say the emails are wrong, or even doubt you are understanding them, or even doubt the emails exist, because the website, for no sensible reason, is behind the email in being updated, and so to them the orders look fine and not to worry, but when you call card services about the original erroneous transaction to get an update, and they finally mention in passing (in response to your call to them) that they killed the card anyway, and you now know, and have to explain to those highest supervisors in online that Target RedCard intentionally doesn't inform Target.com that a card is cancelled and then those supervisors finally understand and say there's nothing they can do to save those orders and they finally do autocancel....well...*deep breath*...*sips that drink*...there you are.

Oh, the icing on the cake: Because I wasn't told the card (a debit RedCard) was dead during this whole debacle until the end, in the meantime I thought "why not apply for the credit card?" what with all the exclusives coming...yep...I actually applied for another RedCard after what they had done to me.

The better experience you were speaking of? (I'm going back to the bottle) ;) 

(Sorry for all the bolding, but I was compelled)

• Like Like x 1