Official G.I. Joe Live Action Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by DESTRO, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw it today

1) The acting kinda sucks
    2) The plot holes are massive
    3) The acting kinda sucks :) 

It was however perhaps my favourite movie of the summer, sooooooooooo much fun and I cannot believe the panning it got, I loved it and am off to see it again, YO JOE!!! woooooooo!!!

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    lol i am new too, i got into the Joe fandom around July (finally decided to give it a try). just remember it is Gun Ho and all is good lol

3. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    I liked the movie. The Baroness surprise seems weird, and the ninja scenes -- although awesome -- did not connect as well with the rest of the movie. I recommend the movie to anyone looking for popcorn fun.

They also made sure every slogan from Joe was in the movie.

I feel as sorry for Cobra Commander as I did when Vader takes off his mask. Better left unshown, IMHO.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The "Ninja Disconnect" has been around for years.
    Army, super hi-tech, oh -and also Ninjas!

Try reading the Marvel run -especially before Storm Shadow showed up and Snake Eyes was a "Commando". LOL
    Ninja Disconnect Maximum!!!!!

5. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
  6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I admit it, I thought Scarlett & Baroness were both hot.

I could easily hate this movie If I want to, but when I turn the brain off and roll with it, it's a pretty inspirational flick.
    As in , Im looking foward to the dvd, Im broke from buying new Joe toys, and even got some of the 25th's back out.
    The film's a decent launching pad for some Joe fun for the next year at least, and hopefully by then we'll have word on a sequel.

I was scared that Wayan's bro would goof up the movie, but thought he did pretty well actually, he kept it tame.
    I missed alot of what Rex said when he was talking to Duke. I did get a wierd 80's vibe from Rex's hair that seems fitting for a pre CC.
    So yeah (IMO IMO) , I think they got the Commander down pretty good so far, with a fresh original twist, and we hav'nt even seen him open up yet.

I want to see a Cobra army like Lucas did with the Clones, but with a classic cold Russian vibe.

7. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I wasen't going to touch this at all. I know nothing about G.I Joe, and stuff with american army etc really does not interest me. But having seen the trailers etc I was impressed and went to see it yesterday.

I quite enjoyed it! cheesy action movie! This prompted me to going to youtube when I got back, looking up clips of the old cartoon. And errrr no thanks. Total yank feast!

REALLY glad that the movie was nothing like the old horrible cartoons heh.

8. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoyed the movie. Hate Cobra's mask. Hate the actor who played Duke. But I enjoyed the movie as a whole.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think most of us did.

10. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I have questions....

what is that yo joe thing all about? and what does joe stand for if anything?

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

"Joe" is just a generic name for guys, and soldiers were called "General Issue Joes" back in WWII because of how they were pumped out. Government Issue is also a common term that G.I. can stand for.

It's just a way of showing that they're your basic soldiers, which they were when they started as toys.

12. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Why the hell didn't they take the Cobra Commander costume design from the animated movie/series? Thats the only gripe I have with the film. :( 

13. New Soundwave

New Soundwave SUXXOR

Overall, I liked the film. Destro needs more muscles, and I wish Baroness had an accent.
    I'll be getting this on dvd when it releases

14. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I was shocked that I liked this movie as much as I did. I did not like Transformers this summer. But this I quite liked. Not a big fan of the Baroness story. But other than that it made me feel like a kid again.

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    According to interviews, it gave off too much of a KKK vibe.

16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard that in an interview and I thought, WTF? Isn't the point of the movie to make Cobra Commander shown as an evil person? Then what's wrong with him wearing a hood very much like the ones another very evil real-life organization's members wore?

Political correctness will be the end of us, mark my words.

I'm looking forward to the day when in D&D, the Undead won't be called Undead because it's derogatory, they'll be called "life-challenged". :)  (WOW already did that with the Forsaken, who are, let's face it, simply undead...)

17. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I saw it last week, and to my surprise, I liked it more than I thought I would. Some things l didn't like, (such as the interconnection between the three major characters), or found hard to believe, (such as Destro wanting revenge on the French because his ancestor was forced to wear a mask.) That said, I still liked it, and I give it props for not bombarding the audience with the lame juvenile humor Transformers ROTF did.

18. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

i liked the movie a lot. especially the doctor. definatly one of the creepier villans.
    [​IMG]

my sister was thinking the other day, what if the baroness in this movie became a joe in the sequel,
    and cobra gets a different person named baroness, someone with an accent and a crush on destro...

i could work...

19. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I went to GI Joe prepared to come out saying "meh", but to my surprise I kinda enjoyed it. I think they could have picked someone better to play Duke, Mindbender was kind of thrown in there very haphazardly, and Snake Eyes "mouth" looked a bit silly, but other than that it was a pretty dang good movie.

Plus tight black pleather on Sienna Miller is just...wow...:drool: 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.