Official G.I. Joe Live Action Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by DESTRO, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

[​IMG]

2. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

:lolol 

3. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Sledge beat me to it.

4. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Using anything David Willis cooks up instantly loses you the argument.

for shame sledge.. I thought better of you than that..

5. Optimus Sledge

What argument?

6. ginrai

well that other guy was argueing that Megamus wasn't an Expert and you used a willis strip to back up that assertation..

And then I said that using a strip from willis instantly invalidated whatever point you were trying to make.. Though not that you should be expected to care what some one on the internet thinks of you.. I had thought you one of the more interesting and certainly level headed and entertaining members of this forum.. but if you read Short packed.. I was clearly mistaken.

7. Optimus Sledge

:inquisiti  Ok...

Looks like I won't be going to see the film, at least not this Saturday. Earliest showing is 18:40, and I plan to be indulging in delicious takeaway food at that point. Maybe next week.

8. kidnicky

I don't really know the whole story,and honestly don't care to know,but I believe there's some sort of nerd rivalry between the "Short Packed" comic strip author and some other website or some group of people and they have pissing contests online. Couldn't tell you why. :confused2 

9. Optimus Sledge

I'm just confused by the logic that, because some people don't like David Willis, GI Joe in fact hasn't been around since the 1960s. If I don't like the GI Joe film, will that mean penicillin was never invented?

10. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Its the "I cant see you, so there for you cant see me." defence.

11. kidnicky

Um..guys? I just saw a dinosaur walk past my window. I think Sledge just broke time when he acknowledged David Willis' existance.

12. ginrai

I never said GIJOE hadn't been around since the 60s, simply put, had you said " But GIJOE had been around since the 60s so your not an expert " I'd have sided with you and said " Yes, GIJOE has been around for a long time.. and even Transformers is a linear decedent of the 12inch GIJOE toys and one needs to know about it in order to claim being an Expert." ..

I simply don't like him because he is a browbeating jerk and The best part about TFW is that neither him nor his cronies post here actively.. probably due to the fact the Administrators won't let them run roughshod over the joint and intimidate other posters like .. some other forums do.. It's nothing personal against you, only your choice of online comics..

I also don't know what the new movie has to do with Alexander fleming either, so you got me there.

13. Optimus Sledge

Dude, there's no argument here. Someone stated that they've been a Joe fan since the line started in the '80s. kidnicky pointed out they can't be an expert, I supported that with a cartoon. Yes, I could have just linked to a Wiki page, but I decided to inject a little humour into proceedings.

You are now claiming that, because you don't like Willis, that indisputable facts have somehow changed. You are wrong, and clearly have some sort of chip on your shoulder regarding Willis. I don't know what it is. Maybe he raped your dog. Maybe, and this is what I find more likely, he made you look stupid on the internetz. I don't honestly care. I don't know you, I don't know Willis. If you want to argue about him, take it somewhere relevant with people who give a toss. I am not one of those people. I'm just a guy reading this thread to determine whether it's worth going to see the new GI Joe film. Good day, sir.

14. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    uh, I don't know anything about David Willis as a person but I actually like the Shortpacked comics :eek: 

15. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry I still do not understand. I am just saying that if it were not for the names this could be any movie.

16. kidnicky

:confused: 

I should mention I was just trying to bust the guy's balls. I'm sure he knew G.I. Joe existed before the ARAH era.

He only lucid dreamt that.

17. kidnicky

G.I. Joe did not come out in the 80's. It came out way before that.

18. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok I now get the joke. Yes I am well aware of how long g.I.joe has been in existence. But the movie is not based off the 12in line.

19. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

Well when the 12 inch Joes were exported to Japan, uh, well a line of American military toys in the late 70's in Japan, doesn't really mix well. So the Joes were redesigned and eventually became Microman and Diaclone

20. Optimus Sledge

No one said it was. We were merely taking issue with your assertion that you'd "been a Joe fan since they came out in the mid 80's." Why is this relevant? Because of your assertion that "IT WAS NO G.I.JOE!!!" The '60s collector would have just as much ground to state that what you look back on with nostalgia WAS NO G.I.JOE!!! Things move on, change and evolve. I'd expect people on a TF board to get that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.