Official G.I. Joe Live Action Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by DESTRO, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I swear I don't understand the bitching and hatred this and ROTF got from fans. I think GI Joe was EFFIN great. Cheesy (like the cartoon) action packed (like the cartoon), slightly predictable (like the cartoon). I swear the Dark Knight has ruined peoples minds... TF and GI Joe were never originated as serious material, but were light cartoon fare, and that's what both movies were BOOM POW! fests with light stories, unrealistic moments etc.. Overall GI Joe overachieved, I thought Marlon Wayans and Duke's actor would drag it down, but they didn't. And Cobra Commander had me pumping my fist.

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I agree with you on G.I. Joe. I know we totally disagreed on RotF last month, but G.I. Joe had exactly what I was looking for, at least if you take out Channing Tatum.

3. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

dark knight had nothing to do with it.

the basic flaw here is, GIJOE is like the Cartoon, which means it is not nearly close enough to the VASTLY superior Comic book.

The GIJOE cartoon IS CRAP, ergo any movie based on it and then saddled with the addition of Stephen Sommers and the moron who wrote the adaption.. I seriously can't help but keep flashing back to the " Ass: The Movie " sequence from Idiocracy..

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I think that's the one where Cobra Commander was Duke's brother wasn't it? Or was that another pile of excrement alltogether?

This movie wasn't anywhere near as good as the cartoon was. The DIC cartoon was better than this movie.

5. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Well If I remember correctly Cobra Commander wasn't going to be in the above described pos.. but was going to be a villain named " cool dude "..

And I'm glad to hear that the new movie isn't even as good as Metalhead's school reunion or Falcon getting hooked on smack.. though I can't say I'm shocked.. I dunno though.. just something about the GIJOE cartoon makes me cringe whenever I watch it.. The Voices are great.. so I think its just the writing..

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I didn't hear about the brother bit in the script with Action Man, but it wouldn't surprise me. It sounded pretty worst-case scenario.

7. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man this movie sucked big time. now i know how the Tf fans feel about there movies even though TF movies where at least good action flicks. joe isnt even that.

ok i saw it and i give it a C-/D. oh there was about maybe 80 ppl in there with us tonight . it wasnt as bad as i thought but man it was not a great joe or action flick. there where 2 guys in front of us who asked to get there money back 1/2way through. 5 ppl walked out with them yelling wtf was this it is not joe.
    some of the clips where just edit to hell with alot of stuff that was not in the movie. ie the part where rip said how do i go to the bathroom. baroness did not say a real American hero. so the clips where very misleading. though it was still bad.

good
    was dukes flash back that used black hawk down scenes right from there movie.
    SE vs SS fight scenes
    the pitt and the pitt battle.
    SE in white
    baroness kicking this sh**T out of scarlet.
    flagg
    well rip wasnt as bad i thought if i didnt think of him as rip. nor was he as bad acting as i thought.

bad
    everything else. there where ppl who didnt like the deaths in Res. that had nothing on this. Cover girl was a wasted charter. SS at least had a good death. CC was just bad rex was nuts from the get go. Destro was good till the mask. joe had no real good rides beside the snow mobiles and the SKY PATROL/ TERMINATOR JET THING.

there was way to much going on to even think about the plot.witch was very stupid. Dr mindbender was real bad. jinx if that was her was ok but not used at all. Stone was just a way to have more of sommers mummy boys on the set. it had no real purpose to him being there.

there was only a few things from the comic. ie hawk in the wheel chair & the pitt the rest was straight out of bits and pieces from all the cartoon and not the good parts.

sommers needs to not take form other director and do his own thing. the baroness was bad but at least she did hook up with destro. for one shot. then she didnt know rex was the dr/cc that was so bad.

zartan was very under used. for what he was used for. the neo vipers that couldnt be killed unless shot in the head. the one neo who was dissolved into a goo of ash. when breaker stabbed him in the head to get info wtf.
    oh and the nods to the fans was ok but the 70s one was real bad.
    man the last battle was like watching Star Wars with the death star gun.

if they do make a 2nd one find a new director and need to change alot. to fix what they did with this one.

to end this one i feel bad for any kids who think this is how joe is. It was not a fun popcorn flick, or good action flick. Im glad i didnt spend my money to see it. 9t was paid for by my bud. the 3 guys i went with we 2 of us thought that is was not the best thing ever but very close to the worse.

all i have to say is that if it do make a 2 that sommers gets caned.

8. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I finally got around to seeing it last night.

Overall, it was entertaining but I won't be buying it on DVD when it comes out.

I thought the CGI was bad - this surprised me. However, I liked the story and Sienna Miller.

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Are you referring to Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, the guy who played Heavy-Duty? He's from England.

10. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

This movie KICKED ASS. Seriously,this was everything I wanted. Those who haven't seen it because of the trailers should just go see it,it rules. Cobra Commander was different from the show,but arguably more awesome.

Why do people keep saying that? They went out of their way to show that it was an international team.

1. It's hard to argue that the film should be based on the much,much,MUCH lesser known comic than the cartoon everyone remembers from childhood.
    2. Have you even seen it?

11. kidnicky

Caning a guy just cause you didn't like his movie is a little harsh!
    :wink: 

12. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey I started watching the old cartoons again... I get good memory's from the old cartoon but damn they really dont stand the test of time.

I for one am very happy we did not get an exact match to the old cartoon or exact sigma 6 (I think the movie is closer to sigma 6 then RAH). Yeah the comic is better but really...other then use nerds. who would even pick up a comic about GIJoe?

The movie had everything the cartoon had, bad acting, lots of shit blowing up and cool toys. If you want anything more from a GI Joe movie your better off watching GI Jane.

13. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

i seen last night the gijoe vs cobra battle yet cant wait to part 2

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

-Agreed, Baroness was the worst part of the film for me.
    -Well they were highly equiped, nanomite powered killing machine super soldiers, so that'd be understandable. Though I didn't like how they acted more like robots then super soldiers. The whole walking through gunfire bit is nice when you want to intimidate someone, but a real soldier should have some hussle
    -I thought Zartan was a waste to be used in the actual Pitt fight, all he did was do something Storm Shadow was gonna do in a much cleaner fashion. They could of at least had him be the one sneaking off with the warheads.
    -If you mean Heavy Duty, he was, indeed, from England
    -The jet the X-men used and the jet in the movie are both based off the SR-71 Blackbird, so there's going to be some design similarities.
    -I figured that's what they were planning when they injected Zartan with the Nanomites, but forgot all about it until they showed the whole bunker scene. All in all, that "twist" was set up fairly nicely.

Or maybe they did!

I gotta admit, I do love the way he slowly but surely took command of everything. Going from a seemingly simple, humble evil doctor to the dominating leader he should be. Only thing that bugged me about him is the voice. Yes, not even the new mask bothered me, but the voice...it just wasn't right. And normally I wouldn't complain about something so small, but there's the fact that for one line, one brief moment in the film, the guy spoke with no mask on and the voice he used was absolutely perfect. 100% spot on for that single, solitary line. But as soon as he put on the real mask, he went to a completely different third voice that was just far too off.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    In other words, pretty much exactly like ROTF.

16. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    What can I say except, it was a fair to moderately good action movie. BUT IT WAS NO G.I.JOE!!! I've been a Joe fan since they came out in the mid 80's. I've seen all the cartoons and have all the comics. I did pickup on some of the nods and aside from being funny not great. I will say I was entertained and I guess that is the main point of watching movies. I would say that some changes are in order to make the sequel work. unfortunately you cannot change the whole Cobra Commander origins Bullsnot. I did not dig the CGI crap either. I would have loved to have more battle scenes with some recognizable vehicles. The NightRaven was a nice touch. Storm Shadow would have to come back as the battles between him and Snakeeyes are main thing that saved this movie, and it did need saving. So to recap action movie 8 out of 10, G.I.Joe movie 2 out of 10.

17. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Cobra Commander needs to sound more like Chris Latta. I can deal with the mask and all but the voice is a big part of him like Spiderman having webs on his costume (yeah pretty bad comparison)

18. kidnicky

It was more...I don't think "focused" is the right word,but it just seemed more.."streamlined" maybe? There wasn't a lot of bullshit that was unrelated to the main plot,like all the extra shit jammed into ROTF.
    Obviously not an expert. :wink: 

19. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    They were a bunch of dicks:p 

20. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Can you please explain that comment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.