Official Botcon 09 Exclusives Thread - Discussion, Pics, Etc.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by gen1fan, May 28, 2009.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've made this the official Exclusives thread. Everything can go here for easy viewing, discussion, etc.

2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mmm. I love brownies.

But anyway, yeah, no way in hell the old lady is gonna let me drop 2 C-notes on a toy. I'm gonna have to hope my buddy can somehow bring me back one and hope he's not gonna charge me an arm and a leg.

Just read the front page and the sets are exactly what was previous reported. It seems Razorclaw and Elita-1 are gonna be the readiest available. Which is kind of weird. I think people are gonna nab that set faster than Banzaitron and Skyquake.

3. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    The thing is, they'll continue to fetch prices like that long after convention too. There's definitely markup during Botcon weekend; but $199 isn't all that crazy in the free market. I'd expect him to consistently grab $125 (which is the initial bid price) for a few months at least.

4. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    All the more glad I bought Leozack and Skyquake a month or two ago now...I feel like I got a real deal now! Still wish I had their bio cards though...

5. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    125 would be the MOST I'd be willing to drop on that figure. Although "willing" and "able" are way different.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I'm serious....unfortunately.

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a feeling Banzai-Tron will cost quite a bit on fee-bay.

8. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well... damn, I want all the addons, and have to figure out how to get the money for them on the secondary market. Anyone looking at getting rid of their Leozack in a few months? :lol 

9. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I just want Elita-1. Hope she doesn't go too high on feebay.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess it makes sense that there are 2000 razorclaw/elita-one since it completes the older sets so more people will be after it. I'm not going to be in until friday afternoon, hope there are still sweeps left. Anybody remember how many they made last year?

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow 3 Leozack's all ready on Ebay

Scalping at its best. looking at the pics it looks like they went in got the figure and went right back to their hotel rooms with their cameras already turned on and their laptops already logged into ebay.

frankly I love the toy but $200... I want it but theirs no logical reason for it to go for that much. Still some poor guy will buy it and I hope he enjoys his $200 Deluxe

also just for lolz theirs a real rescue force on Ebay right now for $50 less so the freebie repaint is apparently worth way more then an original

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, they usually keep the highest markup of any of the exclusives because they're the ones that you couldn't buy in any fashion. Watching the prices from the last couple of years they'll be around $180 to $200 for a month or so and than they'll consistently grab about $100 to $150... and I'd expect Leozack to be popular enough to nab that for a longer period of time than the rest of the free figures.

I've never been to Botcon and the only freebie that I own is Flame War from the 05 set... however, I got lucky and got her in 06. Apparently, FP made more than was necessary or something like that back in 05 and BBTS got a bunch of them for around $60 on their website that year straight from FP after the 06 convention (apparently, FP sold them to BBTS for cheap).

I wouldn't count on that happening ever again though... because it hasn't. So, unfortunately, if you want the freebie he's probably going to be expensive. I want Leozack myself... but I've got my eye on getting the Razorclaw & Elita set first. I know I won't be able to afford both at the same time... so I'll be waiting on Leozack (probably get him second and than follow up with Banzaitron & Skyquake... the Sweeps set doesn't really interest me and I'm still on the fence about the majority of the boxset itself...). Isn't it sad when I plan on dumping after market money down on the attendee exclusives, but have little to no interest in the boxset itself?

13. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Same with me. I obtained the two of them with a Masterpiece Grimlock in exchange for a Powered Commander. So I basically got all three for $120 :lolol 

14. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I was hoping that the freebie wasn't Leozack or Elita-One. I'm williing to pay around $90.00 on Leozack.

15. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    90.00 isn't bad. I'd snap on it for that. I'm just afraid this is going to be another holy grail for me like the Gentei Wildrider.

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a buying window for these, if the past holds true... insane prices for the week after Botcon, drop down for a month or two, then back up again. I'll start checking eBay for the attendee stuff in about two weeks... by then all the super-high-roller-buy-it-at-any-cost folks will have gotten theirs.

17. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
  18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its funny how people keep calling it a FREEBIE when it costs $300 to be able to get. As for $200, you know people will buy it. This figure is ONLY availble if you buy the Primus set. So no matter how much whining there is, if you want, it be prepared to pay.

19. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  20. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Actually Leozack can cost more. the $300 is just for the boxset. If you get Iacon package you only get the Boxset. You pay the same price as attending people. So Leozack cost is however much you spent to get to Botcon. That is how I see it. BUt I like to pretend that he is free hehe.