Official Blackest Night Thread

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Darkravager, May 1, 2009.

1. lifedragon99

lifedragon99 Well-Known Member

Didn't notice that but yeah that"s pretty sweet.

So another obvious thing that everyone probably saw coming but is now officialDC Universe: The Source Blog Archive Add another Lantern ring to your collection

2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

No surprise there but I'm psyched to get another ring!!

3. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Life orginated on earth"

That is so stupid my head is spinning

4. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Me and my comic nerd freind had a nice discussion about the flawed science, but I like it. Give Earth another reason to be heavily guarded, Keystone of the 52, Origininator (sp?) of all
    life in the Universe
    . Very cool.

He's the Greatest of the Green Lanterns, how else would he choose to manifest himself. He's done that a couple times I believe, I know Amon Sur did soon as he got the yellow ring.

Oh shit, didn;t even think about that. And I just finished my Rainbow Corps rings....

Eh, as I stated earlier, I can live with it. And Im sure its in more of a metaphorical sense than anything else. They've established that there are planets with life that are older. It was probably more of a "We must prtect The Entity" at all costs, it is the source of all life and happens to be on Earth.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's loud roar tells me to defeat you. Erupting Burning finger!!Take this, my Love, my Anger, and all my Sorrow!"

Alright so, the guardians aren't on the green lanterns side? That was a bit confusing for me.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Not really, no. Ganthet's conception of life most probably is referring to the white entity, and not any form of life as we know it. If you look at from the viewpoint that the white entity came into being in the spot where our solar system would eventually form, went out spreading life through the universes, and then perhaps later settled on Earth giving our planet the spark of life.

Or even better, the Earth is a shell that grew around the white entity when it went dormant. Hence Earth=white entity, white entity= origin of all life. Earth=origin of all life.

7. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Glad to know that there's a White Lantern ring coming with Brightest Day #1, sad to know that I'm going to adjust my home-made ring box as I designed it to fit 8 rings, not 9.

This was a great issue... too bad my prediction of Hal becoming the White Lantern was slightly off base, but I'm interested to see what Sinestro can do with it. I like how Johns set this up in the last two Green Lantern issues, with Sinestro being whiny about Hal taking Parallax again and demanding it be his, not Hal's. Great setup.

8. lifedragon99

Please don't hate me but i have to fix this.
    and here is another one.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power!! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you!! Take this: MY LOVE!! MY ANGER!! AND ALL OF MY SORROW SHINING FINGER!!!"

G Gundam is my fav gundam series.

Oh and did anyone read JSA:BN 3? did it sort of feel like a let down especially with all of the double pages?

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

10. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want that white light up ring so bad!

11. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Me too! The power of the rings compel me. And just a few months ago I thought I had a complete set. :/

12. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah. How completely stupid are we for saying life originated on Earth. I mean look at all the other alien lifeforms we know to exist. Such as...well...uh...geeze. Oh yeah! Klingons right? They really exist, right? :rolleyes: 

I can't understand all the "Johns doesn't understand simple science!!11!!1111!!!" outrage I've seen on various boards. I mean there are other flaws to point out. Why choose one where if you stop and think about it for a sec you realize "life began on earth" doesn't equal "the planet earth is first thing ever created".

Anywho. I really enjoyed the issue. I was hoping against hope about Hal saving the day as White Lantern. Glad that didn't happen.

-Still curious about why the Gaurdians originally choose to protect life.
    -We got a another hint that Atrocitus may be a Blue Lantern somewhere down the line.
    -I don't get why Jordan would tell Black Hand Atrocitus's ring is his heart. Why give away a weakness?
    -Scarecrow and Luther fun! But where'd Scarecrow go after Luther stole his ring?
    -"Warning. Emotional Spectrum Detonation Imminent." splash page was awesome. But Kryb is still alive after Red Lantern Gardner tore her up?
    -Still wanna know how Dove's Peace/Life works.
    -Loved Sinestro going off on Ganthet.
    -And this is why the Blue Lanterns were out to make sure Sinestro lived even though they didn't know it right?

And I'm still waiting on that vision Jordan saw back in the Agent Orange arc of Sinestro saying, "I can't do this without you." to come about. For some reason in the back of my mind I fear Sinestro may die soon. He hasn't been mentioned in any of the Brightest Day solicitations right?

13. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

That actually seems to be an advantage for the Red Lanterns as the Black Lanterns can't kill the Red Lanterns by ripping the hearts out of their chest. Knowing that their rings replace their hearts I don't think was really going to help Black Hand there anyway.

14. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    -Regarding Kryb being alive, I also notice Arkillo's tongue necklace missing.
    -"what I really want is to be Superman" , nice bit of character development there
    -I can't wait for Nekron to let him out. Will it be BLAM or AMBL?

Also bout Earth being where all life came from, seeing as how Earth 0 is the earth where the multiuniverse came from, I dont have a problem with that. The guardians are actually super evolved smurfs

15. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because from what we know in the DCU, alien life pre dates the CREATION of earth. So, unless it is like other people are saying were, the entity of life was born where earth would one day be made, then its stupid to say that life in the DCU originated on earth

16. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Maybe they mean post-Crisis life? Hell, everything else is post-Crisis something.

17. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

That's a good way of looking at it, but i like the idea of the White Entity perhaps originating on Earth, or the Earth forming around it.

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

19. lifedragon99

20. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What emotion is white?