Official Blackest Night Thread

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Darkravager, May 1, 2009.

1. lifedragon99

lifedragon99 Well-Known Member

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

That cover for GL 51 just made my day.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I really like how similar the GL and GLC covers are.

4. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  5. Fiy

Fiy Alien Velociraptor

News Credits:
    Can sombody give me a list of all the chacters that have been killed during this event? I know Tempest, Hawk III, Damage, Hawkman and Hawkgirl have but who else?

6. lifedragon99

a better question would be who is still alive. That's how many have died.

7. Fiy

Fiy Alien Velociraptor

News Credits:
    Really? Holly Sh!t! I didn't realize that! I've only been paying attention to the ones who are ex-Titans [I'm pissed they killed Damage >_<]. As long as they stay the hell away from Wally West and Argent, I'll be fine.

8. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist...

9. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You got most of the important ones. Here's some guys you didn't list.

Gehenna (Firestorm's girlfriend)
    Chaselon (I think- I read GLC in trades, so I can't confirm that.)
    Vice
    Veon
    Pretty much any member of the Aquaman family who isn't Mera
    Joshua Turnbull
    Clarence O'Dare
    Yasemin Soze (Suicide Squad member)
    Lotsa redshirts

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    two more tie-ins tomorrow... with Adventure Comics and Secret 6... time to see how that 3 parter ends... but what i'm most excited for is two weeks from tomorrow is BN 7... this month off thing just didn't work for me...

11. Altercron

There's another one coming out tommorow too, can't remember which it is though. I know I saw three comics today at the LCS that I coudn't buy until tommorow and they all had the BN banner at the top. *edit: I just checked DC's site and I can't find a third one, maybe the shop guy made a goof and I couldve bought whatever that third book I picked up was...*

Speaking of which, comic book fairy came today:

picked up Ion: The Dying Flame TPB, BN Flash 2, Booster Gold 26 and 27, Adventure Comics 5, and GLC 39-44

12. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  13. smkspy

Aquaman- Written by Geoff Johns and Drawn by David Finch.

DC, make that happen!!!!!

14. smkspy

Double post cause it was awesome.

[​IMG]

15. Altercron

Double post!

smkspy make that happen!!!!!

Ok on a serious note,

Anyone pick up Adventure Comics 7? I have to say the BL Superboy action was nice, and the way they get the Black Ring off him was badass.

16. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Krypto was hardcore

17. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I liked Adventure comics too. It was pretty smart of Connor to figure out how to beat the black ring.

I'm still waiting for the Krypto/Dex-starr fight that Johns promised us!

18. lifedragon99

That would be awesome.

19. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was decent, but nothing really impressive. I thought the resolution was mostly predictable and part of it didn't make sense, namely freezing the ring. The ring can't break through ice? We've seen those rings smash through the toughest defenses (GL force fields, etc) and this one can't escape from a tiny block of ice? That said, it was nice to get into the head of another one of the 'resurrected' Black Lanterns and explore what actually happens to those individuals. Unless something happens in BN#7, the 'resurrected' BLs have done absolutely nothing useful and, IMO, it's been a wasted concept.

Also picked up the final part of the Secret Six tie-in and, other than the art, it was fairly bad. At least Booster Gold was good this week (except for the godawful Blue Beetle back-up), if a bit talky.

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Some GLC news; New writter for GLC, new GL book

"We figured you’d need a few hours to fully process how awesome that David Finch Aquaman image is. But it doesn’t end there. And we did promise you more news, right? Well, here we go.

As you know, BRIGHTEST DAY affects a number of titles, including GREEN LANTERN and GREEN LANTERN CORPS. And it’s no surprise that some of the changes affecting the post-BLACKEST NIGHT DCU will hit these titles.

So, say hello to the new GREEN LANTERN CORPS writer: Tony Bedard.

Bedard’s not a newbie to the DCU’s sci-fi side, having blazed an impressive trail of chaos and drama with his epic work on R.E.B.E.L.S. He should feel right at home overseeing the adventures of the no. 1 interstellar police force in the universe. And his deft handling of the R.E.B.E.L.S. BLACKEST NIGHT tie-ins show he’s no stranger to all things Oa. But don’t take my word for it. Tony?

“This is far and away the most exciting gig of my career. When they called to offer me the job and Geoff literally said, ‘Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps’ I felt like I’d put on a power ring. Now I just have to play up to Pete Tomasi’s impossibly high standards–!“

Oh, and who’ll be starring in GREEN LANTERN CORPS? Well, some names you might be familiar with: John Stewart, Kyle Rayner and Green Lantern Ganthet. Yup. You read that correctly.

On the art side, we have Source “Artist to Watch” Ardian Syaf taking point on Tony’s first arc. His detailed style and dynamic camera angles are reminiscent of some of the biggest names in the industry. In less than a year, Syaf has put together a remarkable resume, including BLACKEST NIGHT: BATMAN, PHANTOM STRANGER and an arc on SUPERMAN/BATMAN. Not too shabby, eh?

But before you hit the panic button, let me calm your fears about the super-talented team stepping away from GREEN LANTERN CORPS — they’re not going very far. This is where the drumroll starts in my head.

We’re proud to announce that, starting in a few short months, there’ll be a new ongoing GREEN LANTERN series joining the shelves: GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS, starring everyone’s favorite ring-wielding hot head, Guy Gardner — with regular appearances from Kilowog. And who better to handle Guy’s adventures than Peter Tomasi, who’s knocked it out of the park on a monthly basis with his sharp dialogue and plotting on GREEN LANTERN CORPS? Hard to argue with that, I think.

On art duties we have Fernando Pasarin, who, like Ardian, has built a solid list of credits here in the DCU in a very short amount of time — from JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA to THE OUTSIDERS. Pasarin’s modern and kinetic style make him a perfect candidate to chronicle the new, monthly Guy Gardner series. We’ll have some snazzy Pasarin art right here in no time.

But enough from me. What’s Pete got to say about it all?

“I’m really excited to be working on this new series, expanding the mythology and franchise of the Green Lantern Universe.”

Thanks, Pete! And, as for Mr. Gleason, well, like I said, it’s a busy day here at The Source..."