Odds of a Beast Wars rebirth?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bezuul, Mar 3, 2018.

1. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    technically, Beast Wars and Beast Machine is part of G1 since they took place in the same timeline as G1...

• Like Like x 1
  2. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    No BW fan has ever disputed that’s its part of the G1 continuity. I’m not even sure why people are feeling the need to make that statement.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  3. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I did just now. And I am not the only one I assure you.

EDIT: And to answer the second scale of your question: Because the falasy of hate between G1/Sunbow fans and BWs ended between 15 - 20 years ago, when the G1/Sunbow fans stopped been kids and could actually think through some concepts.

4. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    because diehard G1 fans refused to acknowledged Beast Wars and Beast machine?

• Like Like x 2
  5. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    My phone autocorrected ‘disputed’ to ‘distributed’. Ha!

Anyways, a quick gander through threads here and you will definitely find that a lot of G1 fans are still not welcoming to BW at all. Every time a new Beast Wars (or Movie) has Masterpiece is announced, they are up in arms. Obviously not all of them, but still a significant portion.

6. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see the War for Cybertron arc heading towards Beast Wars, especially if it's another trilogy. The maximals wouldn't need to jump back in time...Hasbro would just have to set the third year in the "future" (just like the G1 jumped ahead 20 years).

Each year could be a different era of the war. Year One could be before Prime and Megatron ended up on Earth. Year Two could be Shockwave vs. rebel Autobots while Prime and Megs were missing. Year Three could be a post-war rise of the Maximals where we see how the Transformers evolved into the Maximals and Predacons.

Problem solved.

7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We got dinobots, terrorcons, beasty pretenders, optimal optimus it might not be a rebirth but it's pretty good.

8. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

I’ll be happy when we’ve gotten all the way to Rampage and Depth Charge.

9. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a diehard g1 fan I love beast wars but I'm very curious what it is that beast wars fans are asking for. Do you want them to completely tell the BW story over again? Or do you want a continuation of the BW story. If its the first. Why? BW still holds up, in my opinion, to any other TF series so why do they need to do it again? If it's the second. How? While I love a good time traveling story as much as to next sci-fi nerd, how do you put all of those characters back in time and back on earth fighting the same battle?

10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    I'm assuming you mean pre classics which started in 2006? So more than a decade ago? Even before that G1 fans had had a number of G1 reissue lines, the first few Masterpiece releases, The original Universe line and countless G1 homages in mainlines. You have to go all the way back to the Beast Era itself to find a time where G1 was getting no love whatsoever.

Anyway, I generally find that across the fandom those who begrudge fans of something they don't like getting what they want or stoke up spurious animosity between two parts of the fandom. Most G1 fans are quite aware how lucky they are in comparison with Beast Wars fans and most Beast Wars fans understand why it has to be that way.

• Like Like x 2
  11. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favour and dont take at face value everything you read in here (in every forum really). Lots of people trying to vent their frustrations, are ill inform and serve ulterior motives etc etc or just flat out shitpost for no reason. Take everything with a healthy dose of salt.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

I want updates to the figures like we’re seeing with the CHUG lines. If they wanted to touch up the BW animation that’d be very cool. If they wanted to retell the story from G1 through Beast Machines to include comic story lines and make them epic then that’d be cool too. Even just a solid TF show that doesn’t drive me crazy with shoddy animation or horrible dialogue then that’d be the coolest. But mainly I just want some updated figures.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your already getting that. They have done several chug type figures including rattrap, rhinox, cheetor, dinobot, waspanator and optimus primal to arrive shortly. They have done several amazing MP figures including optimus primal, cheetor and dinobot to arrive shortly. Its not like they are just ignoring the BW.

There is just no way that hasbro is just going to put together a entire BW toy line without a reason to do so. There has to be a show or a comic or a video game or some gimmick that sells the BW figures. Other then that you should just expect a random figure here and there and nothing more.

14. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I should’ve said I want a lot, not just some. 8 updates in 5 years isn’t bad but I’d like a solid lineup. If it’s the core characters through MP I’d be happy but speed up the production.

15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't want a repeat of how Beast Wars played out with the same characters. If a Beast Era revival happens I want entirely new characters and a new setting. Maybe have it set on our future Earth (their present) that the humans had moved away from it. Heck, it could be set on a different planet altogether. I just want to have a series that is original again.

• Like Like x 3
  16. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Will you join the Beast Wars Forever movement? The goal of this movement is to let Hasbro know that we want more Beast Wars centric stories, toys, cartoons, etc. Use #Beastwars on all of Hasbro's social media pages, IG, FB, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube etc. Together we can make this happen, I know it sounds crazy but sometimes crazy works.

Screenshot_2018-03-12-20-28-28-1.png

17. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I think that's the same problem Hasbro is having they don't know how reboot it.

18. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:

Is it true that John Warden dislikes BW and is against it coming back, having a rebirth etc ? That's what many have been saying

• Like Like x 1
  19. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I don't know. The other thing is the Bay universe introduced Transformers to many kids. Hasbro will not stop until they are done milking the live movies about cars.

20. AntiSperglord

AntiSperglord Member

For now, I'm content with reimaginings of characters via CHUG figures every so often, but the original BW figures were already leaps and bounds ahead of their G1 precursors in terms of engineering so in my mind there's no hurry? I'm looking forward to PotP Optimal but I have the original and Primal Prime so it wouldn't be the death of me if they weren't doing things like that. For some reason, if they make a new Primal Prime I'd probably get it just for the ankle tilts. Nothing wrong with me at all, noooo sir

I love BW, I grew up with it and I think it's objectively today still the best Transformers cartoon, but that kind of kills any appetite I have for a reboot because I know the new version would probably really suck compared to the original. I would be all aboard an HD update with new animation using the original sound, but there's no way Hasbro would spend the money on doing that properly since it would be nearly the same as straight up paying for a new cartoon. I mean, the circumstances surrounding the creation of Beast Wars were basically a once in a decade event as far as I can tell with my perfect 20/20 hindsight. It was a fluke, how could what made it great be repeated in this age of... well, this age?

I kinda feel like Transformers that got the shaft with lame comics/shows and bad toys should enjoy the benefit of redesigns with modern engineering. I didn't buy much from Armada when I was in high school for those reasons but I'd be down for Minicon integration done right, without sacrificing the main figures. Still, that era was part of the first 80's revival and so it wouldn't be significantly different from what they've been doing recently.

Finally, 90's kids will have less income to spend on nostalgia items like remakes of toys we had as kids because we grew up into a crappier economy and so on and etc. Hasbro may eventually be willing to do a full on revival one day only to find that as willing as the fans are, nobody has any money to pay for it!

• Like Like x 2