Odd listing on Amazon.ca - Counterpunch

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oneyouknowleast, Feb 19, 2018.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    "Damage."

If they were doing damage, Hasbro wouldn't have doubled-down on the compatibility gimmick not only within Generations, but RiD.

Uh, they still have that now. There's different gimmicks in RiD, Rescue Bots, Generations, and the movie lines.

Hell, Cyberverse has introduced a bunch of different gimmicks across the line and people are doing nothing but bitching about it. So make up your goddamn minds already.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what Legends/Blind Bags & Mini-figures are for. Besides it's only been 3 years they have 5+ years
    That said it does at least give them some excuse to make something that isn't the usual suspects that are cramming there way into being the majority of some recent toy lines like RID, Authentics and Cyberverse.

If there is anyone who actually needed a toy all this time they often DON'T make it when they could such as CW Sideswipe & TR (datapad) Steeljaw.

I supect these G1 reissues are partly only being made for some cynical reason - like they think they can charge a premium for them - they have very little or even sometimes no paint on them, & they have this sticker fetish.

Anyway I do like Punch's Alt mode reminds me of Skystalker for some reason.

3. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

Playing devil's advocate here, even though I don't want gimmicks in every figure releases for now on, Titans Return easily handled the line-wide gimmick best. Galvatron seems to be the only real casualty, and I still think his triple-changing andTitan Master with flip-up mask were shoehorned in to a design that existed already. I think POTP ruined the idea of a line-wide gimmick working though. Starscream being most notable. The standouts of the line? The Legends class figures who don't participate in the line, and the Terrorcons, who were already combiners. Evolution Optimus, Rodimus, and Optimal Optimus are decent, but definitely have shortcomings from their gimmicks.

• Like Like x 5
  4. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    WOW easy, no point of getting upset.

First "damage" was a bad use of english word, but using both gimmicks made the new deluxes lighter/weaker/thiner, that is what I meant by damage. And I don't know what you mean by compatibility with RID
    (and this is not provocation, I simply don t get your point, something I am missing about RID line)

You are comparing different styles of gimmicks in different lines though, but my point and this discussion was about the generations line only, punch is not in rescue bots/movies,rid....
    Movie has premium series for TLK or studio series, RID has warrior class, all without any gimmicks and they are good as they are.

But even if I go your way of thinking, G1 had one step toys in 88 "triggerbots " or "triggercons", they were at least original/unique characters not available in different size /classes.

You refer to gimmicks in the movie line / RID / Cyberverse line but:
    - they offer different gimmicks for the same cast of characters :"one step / legion /warrior" for the usual suspects, the same cast of characters - prime, megatron, bee.... Generations has at least different characters in each size classes
    and I don t want to see elita one and moonracer and co in 1step format or legion class...
    - they offer simplistic gimmicks for kids (one step transform/auto punch/kick or names I don t know in cyberverse line)
    but "generations gimmicks" like headmasters/targetmasters are DEFINING the identities of UNIQUE characters like headmassters such as brainstorm OR dual bot mode for punch/counterpunch

=> that is what people appreciate in this discussion , not kid oriented gimmicks of the same characters in generations, but multiple gimmicks in 1 year time within generations line.

5. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

I'm also surprised he isn't a Combiner too (even though he looks like he reuses parts/engineering from CW figures). I know people will disagree with me, but I wish they did this with everyone in POTP who wasn't the Terrorcons and the Predacons. The line is basically CW 2.0 with TR Legends figures. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it just makes the gimmick seem a bit pointless IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

Getaway and or nightbeat repaint anyone? 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Whaaaa...?!

I don’t say this often, especially concerning Hasbro, but holy duel identities Batman! Hasbro has done it! Bravo Hasbro, bravo! :bowdown: 

A must buy!:drool: 

• Like Like x 4
  8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    But remember 1987 was a different time with more sales, smaller budgets, and less restrictive guidelines like having to fit every toy into one of four or five set price points.

Plus they had the added benefit of being able to still include Monsterbots because unlike today they would still be solicited in the '88 catalog, and then still be produced in enough number to still be found at toy stores as late as '89 and even '90.

When designing a Generations line, things just don't work like that anymore today.

• Like Like x 2
  9. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks Well-Known Member

Whoa, cool! He's an awesome transformer, especially since he can change into a different robot for espionage.

10. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Looks pretty neat, though I wish I could see the back of the forearms because of how the fists seem to work.

Still may get if not too difficult.

11. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

or...OR...I could be just being sarcastic, because the complaints about this figure I've read are really unfounded.

• Like Like x 1
  12. denebian

denebian I've got better things to do tonight...

News Credits:
    Always remember to use blue text for sarcasm, or others may not realize its sarcasm.

I found your comment to be hilarious :) 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, don't use blue text. Just actually be able to pick up on social cues and obvious facetious dialogue.

If you need to stick a blaring warning light on sarcasm, it ain't sarcasm. It's the equivalent of explaining a joke.

• Like Like x 4
  14. User_124141

User_124141 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks like there is no transformation on him and you just have to flip to the other side to see his decepticon side

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yeah, seriously - who even came up with at blue text nonsense anyway? Nobody's ever been able to explain how it weirdly became a thing people assume everybody knows.

16. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Forum memes.

17. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Thank goodness. That is much more in the price range I can afford at the moment!

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they clearly don't work today. That's why everything in the Thrilling 30 line had the same gimmick and why the Studio Series and TLK toys are all headmasters. :confused2 

19. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    Insta-buy for Repugnus, Blast-Off and Counterpunch.........assuming the internets make it easy to actually do that.

20. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

If only. Imagine a US release of Calibur Optimus Prime with a copy of the Throne of the Primes so he could display his collection of faces behind him, and retooled so his Headmaster can be swapped out of the helmet so he can wear the faces of his enemies. :rock 

• Like Like x 6