Ocular Max Remix Ratbat

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they do all of them, not just the "main" dinos, Overkill and Slugfest. I'd kill to see updates of the Japan-exclusive combining dinos (Graphy, Noise, Dile, and Zaur).

• Like Like x 5
  2. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exited to see Ratbat, I think he can get away with being bigger because he was a leader in the comics and he’s just cool. I love the birds even though they’re large.

• Like Like x 4
  3. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Robot Enjoyer

Given how many people are already mentioning Marvel Ratbat as the main reason to get this figure (it's certainly the main reason I want it), I wonder if they'll do a comic-color repaint. And whether I have the patience to wait and see.

Actually, I don't need to wonder about that second part. I don't. Been waiting too long already.

• Like Like x 5
  4. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

He was actually the best leader the Decepticons had in Marvel fiction. I can't remember where I saw it, but someone evaluated all their leaders, and Ratbat held the position for the highest number of issues and also achieved the greatest number of victories. He just wasn't a bombastic lunatic, so doesn't get remembered.

• Like Like x 5
  5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I mean, I'm in for two for sure. Please get this and Ramhorn out before the next millennium. And keep going with the other G1 cassette bots.

THIS. And in proper G1 colors, not that one FT showed off today that went with "the color of the one fleeting glimpse in the later Japanese cartoon" rather than the G1 toy colors more of us know the Dino cassettes from.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Was hoping to see Ramhorn, but this will do for now. Super-excited to see Ratbat (and other cassettes!) getting lots of love this TFcon. I'm totally in for this.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I know Ramhorn completes the main Autobot cassettes, but Ratbat is far and away the cassette I've wanted the most from MMC. Stoked for this, they can do Ramhorn after and follow them both up with Slugfest and Overkill.

• Like Like x 4
  8. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I'm content on the Takara Ratbat, as well as Wingthing, but if they do the figure in Marvel colors, I'd be in! The SDCC Marvel recolor doesn't cut it sadly because of its size.

• Like Like x 3
  9. rodimusea

rodimusea Aspiring Primus

YES!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I figure it was worth posting a picture of the MP version of that deco for people who don't know it. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone post a picture of it.

[​IMG]

I don't know how much I give credit for not dying as a measure of leadership, other than at the Unseen University (just wanted to see how many people bite on that bait), but the victories are quite impressive considering how rarely direct action on his part was a wise move.

I'm in for any cassettes MMC decides to continue onto.

Slugfest and Overkill's only Japanese appearance (if TFwiki didn't miss anything) was in the black and white Headmasters manga where they were physically beaten up by Daniel (no exosuit if the picture of the aftermath is to be believed). Their only cartoon appearance was the Season 3 episode Call of the Primitives which is normally though of highly for a S3 episode. Not only did they color Slugfest like that, they also left off both of their weapons.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

I never got any of the MMC cassettes by if they do a Marvel deco'd version I'll probably...bite.

Despite being a much maligned story, I think the whole Carwash was probably the best Decepticon plan ever. Because it was built and operated by humans who had a known aversion to Decepticons, it was just ordinary humans who unknowingly deposited the fuel, and the gathered fuel was transported by humans. Thus the Autobots had no idea something was up and no way of even knowing the Decepticons were behind this. And all the Decepticons had to do was wait for their delivery. No risks involved at all and best as well (at least according to Ratbat), no fuel spent in order to get more fuel.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I got frenzy, rumble and ravage, but never the birds. Looking around, they don't seem to available anywhere, not even ebay. Did they really become popular?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    I know Ravage got multiple re-releases, and Frenzy/Rumble got 1, maybe 2 more runs done. I can't recall if the birds had another run done for them.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    That would explain it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Robot Enjoyer

I've always thought the blue was way too bright on that toy. And that's definitely not just a cope response because these things were going for outrageous prices on eBay last I checked.

(It's also obviously too small for an MP if you're after comic scale. I looked into it as a Ratbat for my NewAge Marvel collection, and wound up settling for the original MP Ratbat. Which I'm happy enough with - scale is great for that.)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can he come with Buster Witwicky? Car Wash of Doom time!

17. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did they never release a KO of the SDCC deco? I know there was one for normal MP Ratbat.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I'm not sure I need this fella over FT's Ratbat, but I would definitely be interested in an Ocular Max Overkill and Slugfest, especially since FansToys screwed up the colors so badly on Slugfest. :rolleyes: 

19. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

It would have been nice to see some progress. I agree, probably working out kinks.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So will SG RatBatman or Wingthing be the first TFcon redeco? :) 

• Like Like x 4