Ocular Max PS - Destructor (Masterpiece Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Nyarlahotep, Mar 11, 2023.

1. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    It must be pretty difficult for them to navigate this when their business decision-making sometimes involves forecasting 5+ years down the road. Devastator apparently has been in the works for at least 2.5 years and could possibly not show up for another two.
    https://twitter.com/rick_akker/status/1296979444117184514
    Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 00-34-37 Rick A on Twitter.png

Infinite Finity Drift was mentioned 4.5 years ago, and all that's been shown so far is an alt mode sketch. Making transforming toys is a pretty hard process.
    Mastermind Creations new line: "Infinite Finity"

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Once this would've been a dream come true. Devastator, my favourite combiner (and in my opinion, one of the few warranted combiners), and done by MMC, my favourite 3rd party company.

I'm a bit hesitant now. MMC/OX has drifted away from the OX influences and gone more and more for cartoon accuracy. This already bugs me with their Protectobots who look bland to me, but for the Constructicons...

I absolutely loath the cartoon look of several of the Constructicons: Hook is probably the worst with his light grey pants with a tiny cabin or Mixmasters weird lower legs. But really all their cartoon models look uninteresting to me. Scrapper might be the only one who's somewhat passable, but the rest...
    Constructicons cartoon models.JPG
    For me the Constructicons need more toy/Studio OX elements to look good -- in Hook's case that's the front of his alt mode as legs and Mixmaster also the actual truck cabin. And they need details.

There's a lot wrong with the TW Constructicon set, but at least the individual robots don't look bland.

(Also, like others, I wouldn't mind the lower arms being formed from the threads.)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I thought everyone already knew that was devestator from the original video. I'm more surprise at how many people are shocked its him.

Tbh was hoping for a better look at it.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah me too. The talk has been all devastator next since before navigants release lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

I dunno how people can have enough of devastator saturation, there's like one in the mp scale and he's wildly inconsistent in his quality, having a company who actually know what they are doing and give a shit about there consumer base is a real thumbs up in my eyes cu toyworld were pretty awful in looking after people who purchased theirs

I gave my yellow constructor to my younger brother, i had a feeling that this was gonna happen and i'm glad it is, gonna be interesting to see how they tackle there no leader bot for this lot or will they have a dedicated one, very interesting
    Only problem is now i'm losing my job so i dunno if i'll have the disposable income to match my plastic crack habit, but i'm sure it will all work out

• Like Like x 5
  6. emporio80

emporio80 Well-Known Member

i agree completely with you, toyworlds constructicons are getting very dated, and it is time for something new, i dont care about xtb or vectron lab, so this will be the ones i go for

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

Delighted to see MMC are doing Devastator. At least in this case they don't have to worry about built in feet to be stored somewhere in Scrapper and Mixmaster. But its going to take black magic and sorcery to do the hands and forearms built in to Bonecrusher and Scavenger. Its good to see so many people are all in based on MMC's winning track record so far. Bring it on!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Goodbye, Constructor.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DarthBacon101

DarthBacon101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    welp...I didn't think I'd get an mp scaled Devi, but here I am...I'm SO IN

10. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be in my 50s by then!

11. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part of it is also different marks, XTB's/VL's 50-60 Devastators with partsforming vs MMC's all-in-one. But part of it's just weird timing. MMC's original video teasing Devastator from way back came out before XTB's renders, and last I checked on the whole drama VL "hired" some XTB designers for help so XTB probably thought they could do better.

Plus with the last MP Devastator with consistent QC coming out, *checks dates*, 7-8 years ago with the other option being Jinbao, seems as good a time as any.

12. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Looking forward how this goes :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

Me too.

I have Constructor, Kronos and Monolith, all in 20 inch scale. I've been collecting MMC's Defensor bits because I like the look and the idea of all-in-one, but I'm a bit unsure about replacing my three combiners. If they do a decent Devastator, though, I *may* be tempted...

14. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

I don’t need another 3P MP Devastator. I’ve got the Liketoys+Jinbao OS Gravity Builder for that, and he’s pretty close to perfect to my eye.

But I DO need 3P MP Constructicons.

I’m hoping MMC can work their particular magic and make 6 well-sculpted, cleverly engineered, and soundly built Constructicons that straddle the line between Hasui-realism and cartoon-accuracy.

A man can dream . . .

• Like Like x 3
  15. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Ooh, how’d I miss this?
    Eric’s the man. He’s gonna smash it.

16. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Robot Enjoyer

I'm in for any combiner MMC makes with the All-in-One engineering, and I'd been low-key hoping it would be Devy.

Shouldn't be too surprising I guess: Most iconic combiner + you get to sell 6 team members instead of 5.

It's going to be interesting going through the long release period and experiencing each member of the team individually. The Constructicons sort of blur together for me in terms of character a lot of the time, and I've only ever bought them as a complete set. Bet I'll come to appreciate each one a lot more in this process.

Of course, unless MMC picks up the pace substantially on the Protectobots, we won't be seeing any of these guys until like 2025.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So what clever things are we going to get with this one? Devastator is honestly pretty straightforward so long as you can get the torso proportionate and stable. I expect to see some interesting stuff going on to get articulation in the leg bots and torso. The real tricks are going to be how they're going to handle the forearms, hands, and chest shield. I personally love the Herc approach to the tread forearms but G1 style might rule that out.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Mixmaster and Scrapper's torsos flip out in combined mode to become Devys thighs. But that would.possibly mean Devy would have purple thighs.

19. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

Nice, skipped all the MP Devy's thus far since they weren't being made by a company I trusted or liked.
    Won't be skipping this one, and can't wait to see renders, wonder if they would give us a Prowlestator later on.

20. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had forgotten that Mixmaster sometimes has that little toe in combined mode so I didn't think Devastator fit the silhouette in that original video.