Ocular Max Hellion (Cliffjumper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    ... plus, when those designs were made, people were still accepting of the idea that a TRex walked like that. So, in some stretch, that is a late seventies, early eighties Rex much like Cliffjumper should be late seventies, early eighties 924.

• Like Like x 1
  2. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

That robot mode looks awful 

3. Lejamonster

Lejamonster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that Grimlock with furr is dope !

4. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    @Lejamonster

I will be at TFCon Toronto, where will you be at? I usually hang out at A3U/Toy Dojo (and Henry Paik) and at MMC (if they show up again) and at The Chosen Prime. Woudl like to come and chat with you.

Some questions on this

1) Why no happy face? All 3 molds from Takara (Inferno, Megatron, Sunstreaker) have normal, angry AND happy/laughing face. Can you pls at least include this on all future releases, because this makes a big difference on the shelf, they look more alive. It is good to have the angry face, and you have a grumpy and regular face, just would have been awesome to have the happy face. But i remember this missing from your Grapple as well, when Takara was including it.

2) Are your future products going to now follow Takara's new way? V3.

3) Why no headlight options, ie front lights coming out, only engraved shape of it? If working hard on design to adding opening doors and able to see the inside of the car (and as a result sacrificed an important part of the robot, ie the waist section, which fans in general care alot about), why not also incorporate an option for the front lights coming out? Again, MP Sunstreaker style!!!

Comment, good job on incorporating the foggy windshield. That adds alot to the look.

4) Any die cast in this figure? Where?

5) Why is the top of the waist light grey? Why not dark grey same as waist, or maybe even red to blend in with the chest? Light grey brings in even more attention to that area, no? Just curious.

6) Am i right in that the A stance seems very limited by the red inner part, in that we cant get a wide A Stance, and more a straight pose? Any solutions for a fan like me that like a bit wider A stance?

Thanks in advance

5. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I can answer this one for you, cartoon accuracy.
    [​IMG]

Though we are talking about sunbow animation here, so it's mostly cartoon accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Ok thanks.

7. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Stop making sense!;) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

I don't know.... I like the bot mode of MMC, but the altmode (and paintfinish) of XTB...

I think my Acetoys will still do fine on my shelf for the time being.

9. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Still think its better than X-Transbots though. Its that backpack. That's why I've just cancelled my pre-order and will instead be going for Hellion.

I have to say that Ocular Max have nailed the bot but X-Transbots have nailed the vehicle. In my opinion of course...............

10. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

If I read right, the waist is the result of the gimmick so you can open the doors and have a cockpit and put a figure in there. I (my opinion) wish that companies wouldn't do that because it seems that now the bot is suffering for a gimmick that most people won't use much. It's nice if you can pull it off, but if you're going to have to start making sacrifices for bot mode, then don't do it. TT Hot Rod with the matrix in his chest suffers from this and could have been much better without it. Even TT Sunstreaker with the hood and car doors that open (and I used that loosely because all it is, is part of the transformation to "open" those alt mode parts), doesn't go for the full car interior.

If you're doing a non realistic chibi(ish) car here, why the concern to make a real interior of a car at the cost of the chest size and waist look?

I just don't get that.

• Like Like x 5
  11. boomerdave

Oh also something that is confusing me. Is this fully painted or not? The first set of pictures (test shot?) is clearly color molded plastic, this last one looks painted...the red I mean....so which is it? If it's fully painted, that's a very positive thing for me to consider getting this one instead of Toro. Anyone know?

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. todzilla85

todzilla85 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Car mode is fully painted.

From the preorder description.

• Like Like x 2
  13. todzilla85

todzilla85 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  14. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    You asshole. I went back 5 pages looking for an mmc grimlock with ... I don’t know, a fur coat or something.

• Like Like x 5
  15. boomerdave

:D 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hey man, thanks for reaching out. I wish more 3P companies would take time to interact with their customers and offer explanations. I for one am all aboard on this Cliffjumper (provided it doesn't fall apart in the reviews) and I like the windows on the chest way more than XTB and the back way more. It's similar to why I'm holding out for DX9 Montana over XTB. The back matters, people!

17. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which official MP are you referring to that Takara did not go with real world alt mode that had the G1 version based (sometimes loosely) on real alt mode, specifically car alt mode? G1 Hot Rod was never based on real car so of course the MP wouldn't. Sunstreaker is modified Countach but Countach nonetheless and got the ok from Lamborghini to officially license it.

That's a bold claim that most TF collector (I assume you refer to MP collector specifically) don't care about real alt modes.

18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I wonder how the vehicle mode would look next to alternity? Accessible interiors are a definite draw for me

I wish this part matched the waist or chest as well. Or, at least on the black one since it doesn't have to match any show coloring.

• Like Like x 1
  19. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    EDC937F4-6138-4676-B937-7A2F66029DCF.jpeg

Not sure why there’s confusion as to the waist colouring. He has grey lower an area between his chest and waist

• Like Like x 3
  20. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    The fact that this guy has a working altmode (seats, doors, etc....) makes this must have for me. Most of them which have doors which work open to shows hands and botmode shit shoved in there.
    Also couldn’t ask for much more in a compacting backpack.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11