Ocular Max Girder (Masterpiece Grapple)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Feb 20, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pulled the trigger through Taobao.com. So far it came to $39.03. Just waiting to get the shipping invoice. Grand total shouldn't be more than $53 shipped.

Cool.

2. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    $54.99 shipped on ShowZ's site which is only negligibly higher. I've never used Taobao.

3. myoung555

myoung555 Well-Known Member

C4F58E0D-D36B-4533-95D8-C309AA8A6FBD.png I think Rubadubspawn can get it from his connnection for $55 shipped. He gets them from Show.Z iirc.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    That's a good deal as well. Seeing as how I will be shipping mine as part of a combined package the shipping cost and therefore overall cust will be even lower.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

WOOOOOOOO!

I just purchased this for $55 shipped from Show Z!

(My poor wallet...WAAAAAH)

But, soon, I'll be: MY TOY! MY TOY! MY TOY!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

I ordered mmc artifex and girder from toy dojo for 111$ shipped for both.....

I read back through both threads on each figure and it seems like there has been quite a few qc issues.

At this price I probably shouldn't complain and just be happy that my season 2 autobots are nearing completion......

7. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

Mine arrived yesterday and I finally got a chance to play around with it. He is a very good figure.. nice and solid! his toes are a little bit floppy but he still holds a pose very well! I think he is just as good as his Inferno (Backdraft) mold mate!

• Like Like x 2
  8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    My Girder from Taobao just reached the warehouse. If I don't combine it with my other items and I ship it out alone, grand total shipped will be $44.32.

• Like Like x 1
  9. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did it come in around 750gm? I paid for shipping mine yesterday, along with Artifex, and it flew out last night. Hopefully reaches Australia today and out for pick up Monday. Since Bots and Bits mentioned it, it's the only way to go now. Drops an additional 30 or so yuan off the shipping price

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    The JCEX/USPS warehouse weighed my Girder in at 1kg. I'm keeping it and Meteor stored at the warehouse until my seller releases Apache this weekend then I'll ship all 3 together overseas to the US.

11. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked up my Girder from Taobao today and wasn't prepared for the heft of this thing. Literally full metal legs. Nice. A bit of tolerance from the back / rear as the legs line up together at the top but not at the bottom. Forcing them to line up means the legs un peg from the boom portion. Not a biggie for me, it was cheap and I'm not going to have a rear end view in alt mode.

No missing pieces and along with Artifex (again with nothing missing), I'm a happy man.

• Like Like x 3
  12. mark4flair

I got my invoice from Toydojo from hoist and grapple, I should have them soon...

I really like my season 2 autobots, just missing skids, blaster, perceptor, omega, and the combiners......

13. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The Ocular Max Inferno and Grapple are great in bot mode. I picked them up last year during some various black friday sales - even though I already had MP style figures for both these characters.

I dunno if it's just the kid in me, or if it's because my actual kids love picking out the fire-trucks out of my collection, but I've amassed both the maketoys versions, both the Takara versions + Artfire, both the Ocular Max versions, and was also contemplating going after that green exclusive version as well!

I really like the weight and height of the OM versions. They are great and I think really hit the target in terms of a heroic toon inspired profile. However in alt mode - their star power sputters out considerably with hard to tab in parts, gaps in the profile, some qc issues, etc. For $50 bucks - I think they are a steal! For their original $100+ I think they were worth the money at the time, but with the Takara release including so many more accessories - they just don't feel like $100 figures anymore.

Also - if anyone is still on the fence, the MP35 KO Takara Grapple has been announced and is up for preorder at all the usual places. It's about the same price as the OM version - so really nobody has any reason to still be waiting to pick up any one or two or three of these awesome bots!

• Like Like x 1
  14. mark4flair

^I saw that KO grapple was coming out too....

I was trickled pink about picking up both mmc grapple and hoist for around 110$ shipped. I'll probably pickup the ko grapple too and fall into the rabbit hole of collecting a version of each character bot mode and alt mode.

15. darkeros

darkeros Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I got mine today not bad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, you can remove the plastic spacers on the inside of his toes, and the legs should line up a lot better. They're held in just by friction, but held in very tight, so it requires a bit of work.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mark4flair

^ I got mine yesterday....

I was a little bummed, when I pulled Girder out, the chrome plastic piece on his foot fell off and the tiny tab that holds it on was broke also. Nothing a bit of super glue can't fix though...

I was really surprised how heavy he was compared to my MP Inferno. Also, I really love the simple transformation as I am a knucklehead when it comes to that.

Also, I was really pleased with the asthetic difference between him and Inferno when displayed on a shelf together, similar enough yet different enough too, if that makes any sense...

Overall I am very pleased with him especially at 55$. Tonight I will be messing with MMC Hoist, I'm hoping for the same results less the broken piece....

18. darkeros

darkeros Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Look out for his gun my friends Hoist Gun is broken today

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. mark4flair

^Not a good sign..............

20. mark4flair

Well, I messed with Hoist last night.....

He is definately not of the same quality as Girder. Aesthetically he works on my season 2 shelf just fine though.....

I will most likely trade up for a better Hoist if TT or FT ever releases one.

• Like Like x 1