Obsidian's Lament and other post-Beast Machines stories

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Andersonh1, Mar 13, 2007.

1. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cheetor's startin to piss me off. reminds me of a certain quarterback here in denver in recent weeks who's also pouting and wanting to walk off from the problems

2. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again, he's damned if he does and damned is doesn't. There is just no pleasing everyone, so he seems to be displeasing everyone. Not a great position to be in. Would have been nice if the Oracle had sent him an instrustion book..."Oracle 101" or "How to Suceed at Oracle Translating, Without Realy Trying".

3. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oracle for dummies?

Anyway, while I ca understand why Cheetor is frustrated, he isn't making it any better by storming away from his problems.

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Cheetor's letting his temper get the better of him here though its understandable. Hopefully this won't bite him in the aft.

5. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Skydive and that other guy; Dare to pretend you have no part in makin' him react like that, and someone oughta shove an spark extractor through your exhaust vents.

6. optimusprimus

optimusprimus Mastermind of Gundams

I second this statement. XD

7. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Cheetor needs to stop storming off. It's not doing any good, especially since they really don't care what his opinions are. If he walks away, it simply proves their point--and might make it harder to sway them on something important later.

There is an immaturity there, that's for certain. Wonder what Leo Prime might say to him to make Cheetor realize this.

8. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    And the Council continues merrily on it's self-assured path to destruction, patting themselves on the back for attempting to remedy the problem without having changed their approach on whit. Now if anything goes wrong they can comfort themselves by blaming Cheetor as everything comes down around them.

I love how they pulled him in, admitted that he was right on so many things, that their approach was flawed... then turn around and tell him he's STILL considered unreliable and immature, refuse to listen, and proceed to ask him for the keys to the two biggest planet-changing forces in Cybertron's history, so he can go back to his little corner and be neither seen nor heard while the big bots fix the mess.

Oh, and by the way Cheetor, don't feel bad. We're not blaming you for all this, even if it's your fault.

To be fair, Cheetor's little tantrum isn't helping. Leo Prime just stuck his neck out for him, really really far, and Cheetor just about cut it off for him, saving the Council the trouble. And he probably didn't even realize he did, he's so absorbed in his own problems and his own anger.

Poor Cheetor doesn't know what to believe in anymore. He tried to follow his ideals... and was betrayed. He tried to work with the Council, and was cut off at the knees by small-minded politics. He trusted the Oracle... and was used and lied to for the benefit of a scheme that has already proven flawed, from a supercomputer that is decidely less omniscient than it presents itself as.

9. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Question to the council; How many of you actually took the job so you could have the responsibility to make a difference and decide on things to benefit the society, and how many of you just liked to have the status? Like, the big comfy chair behind that long desk separatin' ya from those doin' the actual work for ya?

Cheetor might just as well adjust himself under the ass that is crapping on him all the time, to save some trouble :lol 

10. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I took an evening and downloaded and read through all the PDFs. Holy crap, Shane. You're an amazing writer. By the time I was though, I had to remind myself that this was, at the core, fan fiction. While reading it, I was pretty much fooled into thinking it was actually official story.

I want more.

11. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I guess I've really made everyone hate Skydive. I'm going to have to show his good side before all this is over, just to achieve some balance. :lol 

But really, look at it from his point of view. He's part of a group of long-time, experienced public servants, as it were, and all of the sudden this young upstart shows up claiming "the Oracle said I'm in charge now". You'd think it was absurd as well. And Cheetor is hotheaded and reactionary. Skydive's point of view isn't without justification. He just shouldn't be such a jerk about it.

To be fair, Cheetor's problems are bigger than a football team. But yeah, he's trying to run away from his problems, which is definately not the right choice.

The Oracle does tend to be a bit cryptic, doesn't it? I wouldn't want to work for the thing.

I'm sure he'll have a few choice words before too long.

I always enjoy reading your story analysis. Great summation of events. I think Cheetor's reaction is the wrong one, but pretty realistic given what he's gone through.

Good to have you reading, Renidragon! Thanks for the compliments as well. I've enjoyed creating my little sequel to Beast Machines quite a bit, so I'm glad it worked so well for you.

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you ask me Cheetor needs a vision from the Oracle so that the realises that he can't run from his responsibility. Granted Cheetor needs to start acting less like a prissy child but with the council not willing to compromise on any issue or front Cheetor is right to disagree with them, the way to show a strong individual however is not to run off in a strop every time the council say no

13. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I was just thinking, the Universe Leo Prime could be a new form for him, symbolizing his leaving the council.

I hear what you're talking about with Skydive. I can really relate to that guy, as I have trouble with people that instantly demand respect for no reason.

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    In my personal cannon, this set of stories by Shane are the official continuation to Beast Machines. :p 

-airfox

15. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    So say we all.

16. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, what the General said! Your story is just a natural transition. I'd really like to see things work out for all involved, but then I really like VERY happy endings.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Y'know, I had no idea these had continued after Obsidian's capture at the "end", I've had a lot of catching up to do.

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cheetor may have matured a lot since the end of the beast wars but I do think the burden of leadership is harder for him than it was for Rodimus. At least Rodimus had the belief of those that followed him and he did his best to help and would look to his friends for guidance. Rattrap needs to remind Cheetor that just because he's the one appointed he shouldn't have to feel obligated to keep all the responsibility to himself.

19. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Well, like I said in my post, while reading, I was fooled into thinking they were.

Considering that there is no continuation to Beast Machines, this is as close as we're going to get... and possibly better than what we might have gotten. It's really no wonder this got stickied. Any fan of Beast Machines owes it to themselves to read these. The writing, the photography and the artwork (the photoshopping he does is definitely artwork) are all simply fantastic.

You know what's funny? Aside from the funnies on this forum, I don't even read comics. I've read The Death of Superman. That's it.

20. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    He needs to rescue robopuppies and kittens and sparklings from a burning building singlehandedly, stop to kiss a flower, and then help Santa bring joy and presents to all in order to restore that balance. :lol 

I'd have liked to see Botanica's answers to his questions, but as things are right now I doubt Cheetor's going to have the patience to listen.

--Moony