Obscure redeco/version you'd want to see remade today

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Suboptimal Optimus, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus There Is Such A Thing As Truth

Pretty self-explanatory: what obscure version or deco of a character would you like to see redone maybe as some SELECT redeco? Either of an already existing mold or if some day they were to inevitably redo who they are a redeco of originally?

Some which come to mind:
    [​IMG]
    e-HOBBY G2 Ultra Magnus. It seems inevitable some day they will properly remake one of the most iconic G2 figures. Now if it was to happen people would expect Scourge, maybe Toxitron even. But me? I'd be down to see a G2 Magnus. Beside with the recent trends of toy-accurate Ultra Magnus with their own molds it would be interesting to once again see Magnus-as-a-flat-prime-redeco.

Still on the subject of milking Optimus Prime, there is one Optimus Prime form that hasn't seen any modern remake and has some fairly unique elements, such as the front of the cab forming the feet. This Optimus being the G2 'Combat Hero' Optimus also known in Europe as Sureshot. He also has a scrapped redeco, which could help complete the duo with SELECT's Combat Hero/Arctic camo Megatron.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, can I just say ALL OF MACHINE WARS?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  2. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 15
  3. deaddude

deaddude Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this counts because they haven't actually released the figure yet but once that prototype Armada Optimus Prime comes out, I need it in Powerlinx colors:

d6f36ef7-b2d4-4388-a415-cdc76a5cd41f.jpg images.jpeg r_powerlinxoptimusprime050.jpg

That's my definitive Armada prime since its what I had as a kid, and they've never applied that color scheme to any other prime figures. Too much blue maybe?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    SS49 Bumblebee into Cliffjumper

• Like Like x 1
  5. Suboptimal Optimus

Was there any movie Cliffjumper from the original movie batch that was direct bee retool/recolor?

6. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    85DC6A1B-5180-47B9-85C6-6068507F3507.jpeg
    yeah

• Like Like x 4
  7. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

• Like Like x 12
  8. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus 9 Great Demon Generals progress: 3/9

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes!

9. Suboptimal Optimus

Sadly, this one is pure pipe dream because MW is not only quite obscure but even Botcon's theme about it was one of their least popular sets ever.

10. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus 9 Great Demon Generals progress: 3/9

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's on them.

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    even though we are all more then sick of CW repaints (myself included!) I would have LOVED to get some of the RiD'01 Spychangers repainted from those molds:
    In particular, the Pickup truck Ironhide repainted into cow Ironhide.
    [​IMG]
    it almost seems too easy... (and Breakdown to R.E.V./Counter Arrow, Mirage to RID Mirage, maybe Dead End to Hot Shot/Art Fire)

Not obscure at all, but to jump off of @Suboptimal Optimus 's post, it absolutely astounds me that during the various early CHUG lines we never got G2 Laser Prime repainted in pure G1 colors or that during the first Bay movie trilogy we never got that mold painted in movie colors. Those seem like such low-hanging fruit of a store exclusive just waiting to happen.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Suboptimal Optimus

G2 Laser Rod remake in modern CHUG is going to happen, its inevitable. We haven't seen the design being touched since Reveal the Shield, with a small detour in homage during Titans Return from the Octane mold. Now I do personally like that clunker for its weird fusion of designs and ideas, namely the main line release was a triple changer Optimus Prime with truck and plane mode, retooled from Octane with some design elements from G2 and others from Actionmaster Prime. It was pretty unique and its still in my collection to this day. However, with where Generations has gone post-Prime War it seem quite obvious to me that a Laser Rod Optimus Prime at retail is something that has to happen some day, especially with Leader and Commander class now being Voyagers+a big trailer, as well as the near mandatory presence of a Leader Optimus each line.

It may not happen next line and maybe a Powermaster remake will happen before, but believe me, that Laser Rod design is a pretty obvious pick for Hasbro. Especially due to how much redeco potential it has (G1 Colors, Pure G2 deco, G2 Combat Hero, Movie Optimus, G2 e-Hobby Magnus, Scourge, Toxitron, Shattered Glass, Shattered Glass Magnus and maybe Nova Prime?). I don't need to be psychic to expect that design to show up in Generations in a year or two.

• Like Like x 2
  13. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

I like this deco quite a bit:
    [​IMG]

I figure they could use a redeco/retool of TR Hardhead.

• Like Like x 6
  14. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

Any Hot Rod as Checkpoint.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  15. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    WaspAnimated2.jpg

Any Bumblebee will do

• Like Like x 10
  16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I wonder if they designed the new Rodimus prime so they can just do the "car" portion if they want to release it that way down the line?
    (a voyager of this Rodimus Prime design is on my "please make it happen" list for the future – I don't know if it ever occurred to me before, but wouldn't take much of a remold to get Combat Hero Optimus out of it too.

17. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In addition to ALL the ones mentioned above (and the guy who made that Omega Supreme is a true champion):1

1) Machine Wars Starscream
    [​IMG]

In my head cannon, Machine Wars was post Rebirth,post G2. It's what happened sometime later and things got weird. I liked this look as "Starscream reborn", and yeah it's a repaint of G1 Skyqyake, but I think carries the colors better.

The real inspiration for this choice is this famous image:
    [​IMG]

2) Armada Skywarp.
    [​IMG]

The Armada Starscream mold makes for a good alternative version of Starscream. As good as we've ever gotten. But we've gotten lot sof those. However the Skywarp iteration of it carries the colors better, has different details and gives him a very distinct personality. I see him and I think "stealthy space ninja". I think this version of Skywarp is better than the G1 one if we want to get away from just straight redecos and half-formed characters. The TFCC release is better than the original Armada release due to the detailing it, but he's too small. If they ever redo this at voyager scale, he'll be the version to get.

3) CatSCAN
    [​IMG]
    This has been on my TF bucket list for nearly 20 years, and I've never never pulled the trigger on it. I don't know what it is about h im. Of the (at least 3) releases of Night Slash cheetor, I think he carried the mold the best with a very distinctive look. I'd love to see a new CatSCAN.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I want a series where Prowl becomes Prime and his character model is based on Checkpoint.

Otherwise I just want to see Checkpoint updated.

I'd love to see some of the Actionmaster colour schemes revisited.
    I still have my childhood AM Shockwave and I'd love to see the Siege figure coloured that way.
    The legend homage a few years ago took too many liberties.

Anyway the Actionmaster colours I'd like to see are:

Shockwave
    Jazz
    Optimus Prime
    Kick Off

Prime and Grimlock had great headsculpts too.

19. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

ER Ironhide painted like the Mystery Machine and with a robo Don Knotts head.

Seriously, though, how about ER Ironhide repainted and retooled into a G1 Tote? Or maybe just repainted into his Diaclone color scheme.

20. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    They actually did use that deco as a repaint for that old RTS Laser Prime.
    o.jpg

Yeah I know not the exact same but at least they had the thought to use on an optimus. Still like it since it does take some ques from Laser op and Combat Hero Op and just kind of smooshes them together. I do agree whole heartedly we could use a combat hero op gen update. If they insist on keep shoving the guy in our face every line they could at least go with one of his more unique transformations. Just for a bit of a reprieve from the same G1 op formula we keep getting.

• Like Like x 3